MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1125

Hi hope someone might point this newbie in the right direction. I was looking at a strategy recently where the main chart price bars changed color dependent on the plot of the MACD: -Green price bars when the MACD line above signal line and the zero line, Red price bars red when the MACD line is...
  Noob EA question  (14   1 2)
Hi, In lesson 13, there is (My First EA) - based on dual moving average crosses with trailing stop. as shown here: http://paste.pound-python.org/show/10966/ I'm Noob coder just learning and want to experiment some now that I've read the lesssons and Documentation. I'm guessing I can simply just
Hello, I'm trying to code a buystop order, and I want to set expiration as open time of current bar plus 120 seconds. I tried,Time[0] + 120, in the expiration field, but it yiels invalid trade parameters error. Does anyone know how to get it right? Thanks
[Deleted]
  Gator As filter  (1)
HI, Im new to systems trading, ive traded manually for some time now. im trying to use a gator oscillator as a way to filter out wihpsaw/ranging markets. i want to code it so that it BUYs when gator is above 0.00060 Level and SELL when gator is below the -0.00060 Level. can any one help out? with...
Who can tell me whether is possible for EA to send signal it generated as a text massage/Email to people as an alert automatically from my MT4 platform and also do the same in my platform?
[Deleted]
Isn't any other way to use the EA without keeping the computer online all the time? When we back test a EA, the strategy tester shows the result for a long period, like a year or so, but it's not easy to have a computer stayed online 24-7-365 !! I'm looking for something like a Server to upload the...
  Bamboozled by this loop!  (15   1 2)
I am a beginner and busy writing an EA. Some of my OrderSend code works very well, but the following code which is similar to those who work well, goes into a loop creating one SellStop order after another in a never ending sequence. I put in a test of "if FirstSellTicket ==0;, but his seems to be...
[Deleted]
Hi I have an EA but my broker has decided that now the EA's cannot create an order with stops simultaniously, you must enter then market, then modify the order with the correct stops. Here is some of my code, you can see I have added the OrderModify code but when testing this the EA just seems to...
[Deleted]
hello everyone, i need a little help on finding the error on this code, namely: the orderclose error 4051 and ordersend error 4051 this is a hedging EA that takes 5 levels of lots: 0.01, 0.02, 0.04, 0.07, 0.1 if the previous order takes a -80 point loss, the robot hedges and takes the opposite...
Gentlmen, I shall require your expert assistance. I have MT4 Trading Platform in conjunction with "Oanda" on my home computer. I have purchased a Laptop for travelling purposes, and I need to copy all my trading related MT4 data from one computer to another. I have attempted to download a fresh...
New article Applying The Fisher Transform and Inverse Fisher Transform to Markets Analysis in MetaTrader 5 is published at mql5.com: We now know that probability density function (PDF) of a market cycle does not remind a Gaussian but rather a PDF of a sine wave and most of the indicators assume that...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm new to forex trading and have come up with my own little formula for working out my s/l levels and amount of risk in pips, cash and % I was wondering if any one knew of a website that would give me the average price for the day on certain pairs. I know I can work it out in excel using a...
[Deleted]
Hello, Can someone help me to merge two indicators, I will wish to interpose a Regression of Momentum: Here is the regression (i-Regr) : https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8417 and a Momentum : https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://ta.mql4.com/indicators/oscillators/momentum thank you very much
[Deleted]
Can anybody from MT4 developers or experienced guys publish formulas/methods forSharp Ratio calculations used in new reports on Championship website. I am interested in Sortino Ratio calculations as well Does anybody know how ... Please
[Deleted]
  SSL value  (4)
Hello, Is it possible to get an SSL value with 5 digits after a decimal point? How? Thanks
hi, any one have the accelerator oscillator alert? when crossed over zero line, pop-up the alert and sounds many thanks
I have this simple script that print the tick ask rate in the expert window in start(){ double r=MarketInfo("EURUSD", MODE_ASk); for(;;){ Print("EURUSD=",r); r=MarketInfo("EURUSD", MODE_ASK); } return(0); } 1. How to prevent loging the data into ../experts/logs/ date.txt file, this file gets...
He descargado e instalado con éxito el E- REGR ea , pero no funciona. ea si alguien tiene esta funcionando correctamente, enviar mí por favor? Gracias. luisgiraldo50@gmail.com
[Deleted]
I'm running the simple script: int index=0; int start() { while(index < 500) { Print(index); index++; } return(0); } And the indexing starts at 246 and runs to 500?
Hello Guys, I have two demos accounts with oanda and fxcm. I niether case the order gets submitted, and GetLastError() returns 130, with means worn stop loss. ERR_INVALID_STOPS130Invalid stops. If I change to ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_ BUY,Lots,Ask,3,1.4,1.5,"my EA",16384,0,Green); I still get...
[Deleted]
  Data Type  (1)
I have just downloaded a demo copy of MT4. The data has 4 decimals. Is there a way that I can change the data to 5 decimal places?
Hello, In mql5 there's the CopyRates function to get the latest rates. In mql4 there's no such a function, but there's RefreshRates(). The question is: How often should it be called? Right before calling OrderSend() or OrderModify(), for example? Or it's necessary only after there's a pause, such as...
  can't get my EA to run  (29   1 2 3)
Hi i'm a newbe and i made an EA that compiled and loads successfully on to a chart. When using test strat the chart doesnt move. I put print statements at the Start () and other funtions() to see where it might be hanging up. But no displays at expert bar. Is there any suggestions. Thanks. Eample:...
Hi all, How can I get the foreground color of a chart? I want to display text in foreground color but could not find a way to get that color. thanks in advance
[Deleted]
  Download daily data  (14   1 2)
I want to be able to download daily bars for every available pair once per day. Is this possible to automate?
Hello to all I have redone the code so as that it will only BUY. No sell actions except to liquidate the BUY positions. Sounded easy enough. Everything was going well until I got down to the iSignalClose(). The code is attached and if there is anyone who wishes to add or delete for improvement, your...
[Deleted]
  Error 150 - FIFO  (2)
Can someone please help me navigate this issue, I am testing my order placement script. The following trades take place in one script: Sell 10000 units. Sell 15000 units. Net Position is Short 25000 units. Close 5000 of above units. Attempt to close 5000 more units, but get FIFO error. Attempt to
  EA frowny face  (4)
Why does my EA show a frowny face - can anybody help?
  MARTIN EA  (3)
Hi guys, I’m fiddling with this EA these days but there seems to be a part in the code thats been giving me troubles. When plotted to a chart the EA delivers the following error : invalid lots amount for FreeMarginCheck function. I suspect that the problem occurs at 5 digit brokers since it’s...
  ERROR 129  (5)
I've read some other posts and just no idea how to resolve this problem. I am still using a demo account (on Alpari - may not be as reliable as LIVE account). I have an array MOT with details of all current orders. The following is from my own log. The 204762 is a reference to the write_to_log...