MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1094

To all: Is there a way to share the area between 2 irregular lines of a custom indicator? Can this area be rendered as a background object instead of on top of the chart candles. For example, the Ichimoku indicator draws a histogram the represents the Kumo or cloud. The histogram is rendered...
hello when i use DRAW_HISTOGRAM for indicator and chose solid space as drawing style, then histogram is hiding such things like bid lines or stop level lines. This works exactly like Ichimoku indicator from Custom Indcators: all things beside candles are drawn under histogram objects. I dont see any...
  iMAOnArray  (3)
I having problem with this function and are getting mad... According to the documentation it reads the array from left to right and if I choose 0 it has to start from 0? Example: value=iMAOnArray(Close_Buffer,0,15,0,MODE_EMA,0); I "fed" the Close_Buffer with the latest value (latest is 0 in array)...
[Deleted]
I have a MA that the slope is plotted as a Histogram bar. I am trying to Count the number of Histogram bars and plot them as the red line (see attachment). This seems as if it would be really easy to code, and what I tried. ended up plotting the line backwards. I have looked everywhere for an...
I would like to define datetime type varibale (called MacroEvent) for setting planned macro event in comming week. For example on Friday 11th November 2011, on 11:11:11 will be publicated very important message for financial markets. datetime MacroEvent = D'2011.11.11 11:11:11'; Then I would like...
[Deleted]
  Error 130  (28   1 2 3)
This is my own version of the My_First_EA which is described in forex-tsd lessons (I think 13 and 14). I put it into live test on E/U 5-min chart and got this error. Error opening BUY order : 130 There are 3 things here: 1. why the error? 2. the short MA was crossing below the long MA, so why buy? I...
Hi, everyone I have one strange but very simple method and results are good! You can see it. Now I am looking for someone to make an EA. Thanks.
When I view a piece program code on the MQL4 (this site) the comments are in the language of the original author but when I save it the comments change to question marks or nonsensical letters i.e. "Ïàðàìåòðû SAR". I have tried all of the tricks I can think of . . . I would guess the problem stems
[Deleted]
can anybody give the solution or an idea, how to code an idicator, so that its lines will be in the background. for example, it is possible with graphic Object by using the ObjectSet( name, OBJPROP_BACK,1 ) ; but how it can be done with indicators? it's most importent w wide Histogram lines that...
I am a real new programmer here and i have a custom indicator called Welch Bollinger Band (attached) i am trying to add it to a basic EA but am having no luck. On a website it was said i could use this code for the EA but just cant seem to get it to work. I have attached a very basic EA i am trying...
If I make an indicator. Do I have to apply that indicator to a special chart to use the indicator or could I just use it with function iCustom to get the values. To specify my question: Lets pretend that I´ve made an indicator namned WG (Wholy Grail) and I want to use it on EUR/USD. Do I have to...
Hi, I'm currently doing an EA which use Bollinger Bands, it sends Buy/Sell Order when I want but I also wanted it to close all Buy/Sell Position when it opened a new Sell/Buy Position, and it doesn't work like it should.. Sometimes, my function sends buy order like it has to, while there is previous...
Would it be possible to write a MQL4 program that can compare prices, at say one second intervals, between different brokers for the same instrument and time period? I know about the FileWrite() operator that can record prices in a CSV file - and that is about it! Do I have to write a script that...
[Deleted]
I'm in the process of completing my first complex EA and I'm not 100% sure that I have inserted my Trade Logic Operations in the proper area. All this EA does is look for the cross of the TDI(RSI Signal Line & RSI Price Line). I imported the actual code that retrieves the 2 TDI values(Signal...
Is it possible to display image (gif, jpg or bmp format) after start Expert Advisor on the current chart as the locked picture (under the Comment) ? If YES, can I pls any example with MQL4 syntax ?
[Deleted]
Hi, can anyone think of a way to disallow the user to run more than 1 instance of the same EA in one MT4 terminal at once (not only 2 forward testing instances, but also forward testing + backtesting)? I don't want to get into detailed explanation about why I need to do that, but it's necessary,...
[Deleted]
i am new to mql and i'm dealing with a small problem. lets take a condition: we have to candles: one is closed already, the second one is current still going on. (timeframe m5) if (close_price_of_last_candle < current_price_of_current_candle) then buy_on_begining_of_next_candle how to implement that...
Hi every body, i am a new in EA, i wirted an EA with tragery Signal : double Buy1_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, 55, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1); double Buy1_2 = iMA(NULL, 0, 200, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 1); double Buy2_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, 55, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current +...
[Deleted]
Sometimes I need delete pending order,but if the pending order already executed,then MT4 will occur a 4108 error if I try to delete it.So I wonder is there a way to know a pending order already execute?
This EA is designed to put a limit back on a drawn line after the relevant timeframe closes below it. I am just using a sell at bid for now so i can test it on the 1minute chart. I have added a chime so you know once the program has run past the order send function.Whenever I try to add a stop loss...
[Deleted]
Hello, Is it possible to change the external variables of a custom indicator from an expert advisor that uses the indicator to process trades? If so, could you either explain how this is done or direct me to the documentation that explains the process of doing this? I am writing a simple ea using...
My EA gives insignificant results. I'm using an 'icustom' function of an indicator. does this affect the EA optimisation or is there another eason?
Bollinger Bands don't seem to allow 1.5 standard deviations in the external variable setting. If I use 1.5 in the iBands it doesn't work. Is this just a setting in the Bollinger Band code because it is set to an integer maybe? Do I need to create a Bolly band indicator and use iCustom to reference...
[Deleted]
Hello, my strategy tester shows the loss trades in two different end results. I don't really understand why and how can I disable this function? Please have a look at the following example: In this example the trade should definitely be stopped. But as you can see in the picture the strategy tester...
[Deleted]
Hello Sir i need Buy/Sell Stop Breakout ea LIKE Ea entered to morket in buy possition morkert price lot size ex. 1 lot auto matically immediatly put the sell stop order with 20pips down from the buy order withlotsize 3 (first order 1:3) after the lot size fixed double and all the buy possion are...
Dear all, I want to create my own Laguerre Moving Average indicator (not the RSI), but I can't find the mathematical formula to do it. Could someone help me, please? Thank you very much in advance
[Deleted]
I want to get the values of the lower and upper line (red ones) of the STARC indicator. I tried to read out indicator buffer 1 and 2 (see the included ea) but they give different values than the STARC prints on the charts. Can someone help me with this problem? *for some reason i cant attach the...
Guys: Lately, i work with an EA which uses iMA value. The common way of using iMA value is as below:    ma_0 = iMA(NULL, 0, MA_Period, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);   ma_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, MA_Period, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);   ma_2 = iMA(NULL, 0, MA_Period, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 2); and then,...