liveupdate doesn't appear to work.

I recently added to comments about people not being able to create demo accounts (after January 1st I think).

The problem appears several fold

1. Demo accounts are created using (Alpari UK) current build - 409 (Oct 2011) [BUILD #s maybe different with other brokers]
  2. Demo accounts are NOT, NOT created using (Alpari UK) previous build - 402 (May 2011)
  3. Build 402 did not automatically upgrade.
  4. There is no manual mode to force an upgrade
  5. The only apparent solution - install / reinstall a further instance of MetaTrader4 which will provide a Build 409
  6. My current BUILD (new BUILD 409) don't appear to utilise liveupdate
  7. Alpari UK don't appear to have a solution but do suggest that I should see a screen - as below. I have NEVER seen this screen when I run MT4
  8. When I restart my instance of MT4 I don't see any reference to liveupdate.
  9. I have liveupdate – an application file (created 28th October 2011) in my installation folder C:\MetaTrader_Installations\Alpari_801 (had suggestions in the past not to install in folder or sub-folder containing @Program Files'

10. If I doubleclick on this folder or ‘run as administrator then nothing appears to happen – i.e. I do NOT get the screenshot you show.

Resolving this issue is not essential but would be nice to implement what is implied in MT4 documentation. Anyone got the same problem or any suggestions to resolve ?

I suggest closing down, then go to "\program files" (Vista) or "\program files (x86)" (Win7) and move any installations you may have left over to a temporary location and delete later.
Reason: