MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1089

[Deleted]
  Printing Excersise  (19   1 2)
From the Expert Adviser Wizard, I have selected custom indicator and only put this print line on it. I dropped it on a chart which has an EA running and a trade progressing opened by that EA. I got nothing printed on the chart. Is it because of the magic # or something else? Can you tell me what I...
Dear All, We have created autotrader with Fractal.There is one problemwe cannot solve. The Ordersend function sending order until Fractal Up is not true. I need that It sent order just one time on each Fractal down. Please check the code and let me know how can I solve this problem.
[Deleted]
  RSI Average Indicator  (19   1 2)
I have rewritten the RSI indicator using the RSI function and added a moving average to it. As you can see in the code, I've written 2 'for' loops for each of the RSI and MA. In this way, I have no issues with the indicator. I tried to put them both in a single loop but got the indicator to plot...
  Please help,  (8)
Hi guys, I tried to get a median from an array, but I got 0, I don't know where it's wrong, could you help and correct this code please ?, thank you //======================================================================== double median,array1[]; avr1 = 11.45; avr2 = 4.6; avr3 = 7.781254; avr4 =...
[Deleted]
I would like to plot the 30M, 1H, and 4H lines of the attached indictor and view both from a single chart. Is there a method to do that without adding code to the actual indicator to plot the extra lines? If not, could anyone help me with adjusting the code that calculates its a bit beyond my...
Hi all I need to create some sort of tolerance code to be + or - 2 or something similar ? Here is what I did so far bool tweezerbottoms = false;         if(Bid < B && Low[2]*pips2points==Low[1]*pips2points)            {            tweezerbottoms = true;            if(tweezerbottoms ==...
Dear All, This is ruining my day! I have had this funny indicator that has crashed the MetaTrader platform.I have deleted the whole metatrader and deleted everything else from C/, After then I downloaded MetaTrader from MetaTrader website but I just can not open the platfrom, if I want...
How does the report calculate the maximum drawdown if there were NO losses ? Lets say an EA shows 100% profitable trades, why is there a maximum drawdown showing a % and report when there was no losses ? Does it memorize if there was some drawdown on a trade even though the trade may not be a loser...
First of all i´m a newbie... Right now I´m running the strategy tester and I want simulate a month with 1 hour resolution. This takes forever... Is this normal? If I use visual mode I can see every tick is used, for the hour... I don´t mean this is wrong, that the tester is accurate. But I just...
Hi I am new here and this prolly a silly question. I would like to script and testthis weekend. Cause the market is closed over weekend I cant. Is there softwareor something to simulate past data? Anybody got any ideas? L.
[Deleted]
Hey I'm relatively new to forex trading/metatrader, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking amateur questions. I've programmed a bot which I think is doing well, but I'd like help from some pros on interpreting the report. For example, what should my profit factor be at? Should I care about modeling...
[Deleted]
Hello! I can't get the SpreadGenerator script to work for me so I can backtest on weekends :-( When I run the script on a chart it says that the new symbols.sel file has been saved in the folder "experts\files" but when I open the folder it is empty?? Does anyone have a solution to this issue? or...
2 metatrader patforms work correctly on a virtual windows server, on the remote desktop. but the publishing just starts once when the metatrader is started. the statement file appears in the webspace, but empty, 0 bytes. a click on test in the publisher window has no efect, not even noticed in the...
[Deleted]
  Nice ea  (2)
Hey guys I need some help I am trying to develop a code that will do this-- at the open of the ny session, london session, sydney session EXACTLY, I need it to take an order cancels order thing of 30 pips on both ways. Then I want the triggered order, once it has been triggered to have a stop loss...
[Deleted]
Dear Forum, I have seen many in the forum are struggling with this error. As I have understood the other threads, the error can be cause by a: setting a stoploss value too close to the current price b: a wrong number of digits after 0 Concerning a: As I have understood. MarketInfo(Symbol()
[Deleted]
I do not know whether I can ask for an advice on MT4 programming. Is it possible to achieve the following ? 1) Get the (x,y) screen coordinate when a mouse button is clicked. 2) Convert the (x,y) screen coordinates to the corresponding Price and Time Thanks. Best regards, Tiffany
Hi I am trying code EA it should open position once price goes 10-15 above 3 bands but not able to figure out how to check # of pips after its above upper band like below code will confirm that its above upper band but after this condition I want to wait till it goes 15pips up and then open position
This is strange, but proberly a newbie problem. When I first run my indicator no lines is visible, but after a minute they start to show (I have 1 min resoloution). This is irritating because I have to wait for a hour before everything works as it should... When I run my other indicators they draw...
Simple request if someone can help... I just nedd code for two cordinates to draw rectangle, 8AM and 9AM
Hi, I have several very good scalping systems, but not surprizingly they're only good when spread is (very) low. I'd like to optimize / adjust these under 'adverse' spread conditions in the hope that they will then work well, and work even better when spread is lower than when optimized. The way
Hi everyone! I have been trying MT4 and MT5, for couple of days. While checking around charts, I see on MT4 always shows up a extra bar compare to MT5. Here I toke a screenshot of the chart of both applications. Here is the MT4 AUD/USD, candlestick D1. And here is the MT5, same chart, D1. Its...
[Deleted]
  Exit Function  (19   1 2)
I have created this exit function to make an EA close whatever positions there when an order of the opposite direction is opened by the same EA. void ClosePosition(int OP){   for (int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++)   {      OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);      if (OrderType() <= OP_SELL...
Hi Is there any way to identify 3rd M1 bar of a new M15 candle? thanks.
Hi, I have an EA which opens trade, but I am not able to figure out how to do trilling on it can someone give me code to do trilling as fallowing condition 1. once i am xx pips in profit I want to close half position and put stoploss on 1 pip profit ex: if I buy 1lot at 1.4400 once market is at 1...
I have an EA which I have written and typically I have it running on several charts at a time. Each EA has an 'on screen ' display in the form of a comment created in the EA and shows current and history contracts for that instrument - together with some of the parameters I have used. I have an...
[Deleted]
Hi, Could someone please help to explain why below array assignment is wrong And what is the correct way of doing it many thanks in advance. double bandU    =iBands(NULL, 0, 20, 2, 0, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_UPPER, 0);double bandM    =iBands(NULL, 0, 20, 2, 0, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MAIN, 0);double...
  cycle indicator  (8)
prejudice are starting out and wanted to know how and the code for a small indicator that should make the difference between 2 moving averages
  SendOrder sl and tp advise  (16   1 2)
Hi gurus, Regarding the sl and tp, and taking into accoun this is altered for 3 or 5 digit brokers ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3*pips2points,Ask-StopLoss*pips2dbl,Ask+TakeProfit*pips2dbl,"Unfinished_POS_agent_1min",MagicNumber,0,Green); Would I simply use A and D variables ? is it that...
Good afternoon. There is an idea to create a topic to collect and discuss various forex offers, very tempting and attractive. It is no secret that along with decent activities and targets, the internet is also actively used by scammers. However, the means of PR and presentation have become so subtle
Hello, Unable to find file test1.csv on my Windows 7 laptop after executing the following function using MetaEditor Build 409. I'm executing this as a script. the mq4 file is in folder Scripts. Experts tab and Alert window shows file test1.csv was opened and closed successfully, no errors. I'm...