Confessions of an EA programmer.

I have developed quite a lot of Eas and indicators for many people some free and others I charged money, overall I felt this is as a thankless job. Reasons are as below.

1. Most “EA ideas” don't work and the people realize the problem after it has been programmed. If they are paying for the programming service they get disappointed as the money is wasted.

2. There is a big risk offering my services as I really don't know who I am dealing with. This can be a terrorist organization trying raise money through Forex.

3. I have dwelt with some of the nastiest people and I felt sick trying the be helpful. Initially everyone will be nice but once you get involved you will start seeing their real nature which really upsets me. There are too many greedy and selfish people in Forex business.

4. Some people accused me of stealing their ideas. I never used any of the EA ideas I got from others. My most successful EA is one based on modified ZigZag algorithm with my own oscillators and digital filters which I developed over one year. I only use this EA for my own trading.

5. Scalping Eas work well only with certain brokers. Hence selection of a Forex broker is very important if you want to be successful. Check out http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/

Hence I have decided now not to develop anymore Eas. This is not a good idea.

JY

This can be a terrorist organization trying raise money through Forex.

believe me, the CIA and NSA have their own programmers, they dont need your skills

meikel wrote >>

believe me, the CIA and NSA have their own programmers, they dont need your skills

You don't make sense here. I am not talking about CIA or NSA here. I meant al-quida and others.

jyforex:

You don't make sense here. I am not talking about CIA or NSA here. I meant al-quida and others.

you are not well informed.

al quida ist the CIA name for their database of their foreign agents.

short before 9/11 a lot of deals are made with trading of airline options with a lot of profit after 9/11

where does this knowledge has come from ?

the bin laden family has had a lot of business connections with the bush family - and on and on and on...

google is your friend

as you can read here usama bin laden is not wanted and accused because of 9/11

jyforex wrote >>

1. There is a big risk offering my services as I really don't know who I am dealing with. This can be a terrorist organization trying raise money through Forex.

Believe me on this. If they are terrorist, they have their ways of getting money.

Forex or lottery or whatever may be a possibility. But I doubt it. They are terrorists; they don't have that kind of patience to play games.

I am sure they got better ideas on raising money.

jyforex wrote >>

I have developed quite a lot of Eas and indicators for many people some free and others I charged money, overall I felt this is as a thankless job. Reasons are as below.

1. Most “EA ideas” don't work and the people realize the problem after it has been programmed. If they are paying for the programming service they get disappointed as the money is wasted.

JY

JY/ I share your sentiments. Which is why I dont charge and I select people who want to have their EA written so that both sides benefit from a cooperative nature, and not buyer/seller relationship. To add to it, most pple lose money in forex and blame the brokers. This is a no-win situation. If one is making money, one will keep quiet. If one loses, one blame - the broker, the EAs, the strategy, ..., everything except oneself. Do keep writing Ea, but change your mode and perspective.

>> Most “EA ideas” don't work and the people realize the problem after it has been programmed. If they are paying for the programming service they get disappointed as the money is wasted

A clearly stated disclaimer before you begin programming should address this issue. It is possible though the problem is actually with the programmer who could not deliver what was required.

>> There is a big risk offering my services as I really don't know who I am dealing with. This can be a terrorist organization trying raise money through Forex.
No risk at all. Most "EA ideas" don't work. In fact, many EA make big losses.

>> I have dwelt with some of the nastiest people and I felt sick trying the be helpful. Initially everyone will be nice but once you get involved you will start seeing their real nature which really upsets me. There are too many greedy and selfish people in Forex business.

Yes, it is based on greed. They are paying you to help them easily make lots of money, not solve the problem of world hunger.

>> Some people accused me of stealing their ideas. I never used any of the EA ideas I got from others. My most successful EA is one based on modified ZigZag algorithm with my own oscillators and digital filters which I developed over one year. I only use this EA for my own trading.

How they can know you are stealing their ideas, unless you are using their ideas publicly and they can see it?

>> Scalping Eas work well only with certain brokers. Hence selection of a Forex broker is very important if you want to be successful. Check out http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/

Yes, we know that. So do the brokers, which means it will stop working as soon as you make too much money.

blogzr3 wrote >>

>> Most “EA ideas” don't work and the people realize the problem after it has been programmed. If they are paying for the programming service they get disappointed as the money is wasted

A clearly stated disclaimer before you begin programming should address this issue. It is possible though the problem is actually with the programmer who could not deliver what was required.

>> There is a big risk offering my services as I really don't know who I am dealing with. This can be a terrorist organization trying raise money through Forex.
No risk at all. Most "EA ideas" don't work. In fact, many EA make big losses.

>> I have dwelt with some of the nastiest people and I felt sick trying the be helpful. Initially everyone will be nice but once you get involved you will start seeing their real nature which really upsets me. There are too many greedy and selfish people in Forex business.

Yes, it is based on greed. They are paying you to help them easily make lots of money, not solve the problem of world hunger.

>> Some people accused me of stealing their ideas. I never used any of the EA ideas I got from others. My most successful EA is one based on modified ZigZag algorithm with my own oscillators and digital filters which I developed over one year. I only use this EA for my own trading.

How they can know you are stealing their ideas, unless you are using their ideas publicly and they can see it?

>> Scalping Eas work well only with certain brokers. Hence selection of a Forex broker is very important if you want to be successful. Check out http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/

Yes, we know that. So do the brokers, which means it will stop working as soon as you make too much money.

"A clearly stated disclaimer before you begin programming should address this issue. It is possible though the problem is actually with the programmer who could not deliver what was required."

No one ever complained to me that I ever programmed incorrectly. They agreed that their method is wrong but after that the dealing becomes one of try to get something useful for free. Or try to probe me to provide them my own ideas. Or unending enhancements for free.

jyforex wrote >>

"A clearly stated disclaimer before you begin programming should address this issue. It is possible though the problem is actually with the programmer who could not deliver what was required."

No one ever complained to me that I ever programmed incorrectly. They agreed that their method is wrong but after that the dealing becomes one of try to get something useful for free. Or try to probe me to provide them my own ideas. Or unending enhancements for free.

...I would like to know how much do you charge for an EA and some other details. Plese contact me jule.mourad@gmail.com

jyforex:

2. There is a big risk offering my services as I really don't know who I am dealing with. This can be a terrorist organization trying raise money through Forex.

3. I have dwelt with some of the nastiest people and I felt sick trying the be helpful. Initially everyone will be nice but once you get involved you will start seeing their real nature which really upsets me. There are too many greedy and selfish people in Forex business.

4. Some people accused me of stealing their ideas. I never used any of the EA ideas I got from others. My most successful EA is one based on modified ZigZag algorithm with my own oscillators and digital filters which I developed over one year. I only use this EA for my own trading.

5. Scalping Eas work well only with certain brokers. Hence selection of a Forex broker is very important if you want to be successful. Check out https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.forexpeacearmy.com//

JY

Hi JY, i have few strategies need to code to EA, hope you have time to doing. jordan_clk@yahoo.com

jyforex:

Would you help me, please?

https://forum.mql4.com/48122

Reason: