MT4 build 419 loading problems - page 2

JohnR2000:

I ran sfc/scannow it was giving me loads of errors! I need to find my xp installation disks now to re-instate these files. Will do that and report back, Thanks for now.

You may no need to. After running sfc always restart your PC first, it will update/fix itself, then only if you want to, you can restart again to try sfc from safe mode, see if there's still any error from safe mode.

Always restart after sfc, Not even need to re-install yet :(

It has been more than 7 hours and I'll take it that you are now must have to re-install your XP coz you interrupted sfc process by simply did not restart after running sfc.:(

You actualy scared me when you said ...

.. I need to find my xp installation disks now to re-instate these files. Will do that and report back ...

... re-installing was my first plan to avoid in the first place.

And I blame Microsoft for not suggesting to restart PC after running sfc :(

Laminate Flooring Guide

As we all known that laminate flooring is consisted of four layers, including wear resistance layer, decorative layer, core layer, stabilizing layer. Different layers have some special features, and we can give you the detail laminate flooring guide, the first layer is wear resistance layer which is made of highly-durable cellulose paper saturated with melamine plastic resins to resist abrasion, the layer can be used to protect the laminate flooring from stains, fading and wear. The second layer is decorative layer, which is specially designed with different color and images or photograph. It is the blow of wear layer, we can see it clearly via the wear layer, therefore, it can be protected from being marked, scuffed or fade. The core layer is the main part of laminate flooring, which is composed of high density fiberboard and comprises the bulk of laminate flooring. The layer is also able to be made of high-density wood particles that are hard and difficult to penetrate. The last layer is stabilizing layer, which is made from cellulose paper, just like the first layer, this layer can resistance to water and hold up well.

onewithzachy:

It has been more than 7 hours and I'll take it that you are now must have to re-install your XP coz you interrupted sfc process by simply did not restart after running sfc.:(

You actualy scared me when you said ...

... re-installing was my first plan to avoid in the first place.

And I blame Microsoft for not suggesting to restart PC after running sfc :(

Hi, I'm back.

Ran sfc with my installation disk inserted while it did it's thing, restarted computer and still build 419 or 427 will not load, still loads build 409 though, but this version will not run with IBFX from 1st June. Tried re-downloading mt4 but still won't load. Have not yet re-loaded xp.

JohnR2000:

Hi, I'm back.

Ran sfc with my installation disk inserted while it did it's thing, restarted computer and still build 419 or 427 will not load, still loads build 409 though, but this version will not run with IBFX from 1st June. Tried re-downloading mt4 but still won't load. Have not yet re-loaded xp.

Dear JohnR2000, you scared the heck of me,

I have ibfx au too with Vista, try install MT from another broker, my Alpari UK is 419, and FXCM UK is 427. You already did that with MetaQuotes's.

If you want to know what your sfc.exe did - thought I'm not so sure where cbs.log in XP is located, open Command Prompt as an Admin and type this

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

I don't know the directory in XP, however %userprofile% in Vista is C:\Users\ <user name > \Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

onewithzachy:

Geez JohnR2000, you scared the heck of me,

I have ibfx au too with Vista, try install MT from another broker, my Alpari UK is 419, and FXCM UK is 427.

Hi onewithzachy,

I have tried Alpari UK who is now shipping build 427, this also won't load. I suppose now I should be considering a new pc!

JohnR2000:

Hi onewithzachy,

I have tried Alpari UK who is now shipping build 427, this also won't load. I suppose now I should be considering a new pc!

Well this is the best I can do :

Plenty of forumers here using XP and they don't have problem, so either your hardware or your Windows XP, try Windows XP Solution Centre.

try also Google XP site:www.mql4.com

Hope other forumer with XP have some ideas and helps you

:(

onewithzachy:

Well this is the best I can do :

Plenty of forumers here using XP and they don't have problem, so either your hardware or your Windows XP, try Windows XP Solution Centre.

try also Google XP site:www.mql4.com

Hope other forumer with XP have some ideas and helps you

:(

Thanks for all your help guys, I'll keep on trying as suggested, if I find solution I will post here for anyone else with same problem.

John

Reason: