MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1038

I am aware of the fact that there are issues with trendlines when changing timeframes, but surely they should plot accurately on the timeframe that they are created? Not in my experience! Perhaps it is my code:...
I found this indicator online, and like it for support/resistance. However, it puts text fields in that I do not need. They get in the way and are obstructive. I attached an image that shows the fields that I would like eliminated from this indicator. I also attached the mq4 file which I found...
I was replying to this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/138726/page2 then I had a question, please reply if you know the answer : what is the price of the next 15 bars, starting from close bar 7 if price climbing up at 45 degree ?. To answer this you must use trendline by angle object, and please after...
Hello, I try to make a difference between open position and pending order with mql4. Example : sell limit is similar to sell (OP_SELLLIMIT - OP_SELL). Is there a way to say when a pending order is open?? thank you
[Deleted]
  Stability issues (MT4)  (14   1 2)
My MQL auto-trading program is up and running, and it actually looks like it might make some money (I am still running in demo mode). No small thanks to the people here who helped me through the MQL4 learning curve. But my computer is crashing periodically. It's an XP Pro system that I bought...
[Deleted]
  Expectations  (3)
Hi, I have been paper (virtual) trading for a bit of time and developing systems, and I am willing to invest 3k, which can be leverage 50 times, is it reasonable to hope for 30 dollars for a trading day. I figure its, $3,000 x 50 (leverage) = $150,000, and $30 expectation, $30/$150,000 = .0002 =...
Hi, I wrote a function to see profits of each signals I used in my EA, it get those profits in files, and profits change if I use FileReadArray(handle, file, 0, 1) instead of FileReadDouble. I need to use array to write more informations in files, I currently write profits only. So is there any...
[Deleted]
Does anyone have a Multi-TimeFrame Zigzag indicator
When you attach an EA to a chart or start a backtest/optimization, then the list of external variables for that EA gets printed to the terminal experts tab or strategy tester journal tab (respectively) under the entry title of "inputs". Does anyone know if it is possible to retrieve this list using...
New article Create Your Own Trading Robot in 6 Steps! is published at mql5.com: If you don't know how trade classes are constructed, and are scared of the words "Object Oriented Programming", then this article is for you. In fact, you do not need to know the details to write your own module of...
Socialization of MQL5.com continues, and we keep upgrading the Profile. Today we've launched a new function - attracting visitors to the site. In addition to it, we've introduced a new rating. Now, you can easily find the number of users that you have attracted, in the Achievements of your Profile....
New article How to Develop an Expert Advisor using UML Tools is published at mql5.com: This article discusses creation of Expert Advisors using the UML graphical language, which is used for visual modeling of object-oriented software systems. The main advantage of this approach is the visualization...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I am using below codes to delete all the objects created by EA. However, when I remove the EA, there are still some objects remain on the chart All my object names are created with something like string name="EA" + XKDLJFLSIJ; int init(){  RemoveEADrawings();}int...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, If I don't have a separate window from any indicator, am I able to create a new window from EA to show info/debug msg void iDraw(string name, string text, int x, int y, color c, string font, int size,                 int corner, int angle=0, bool back=false){   ObjectDelete(name);...
Could anyone please tell me,what is indicator name ? I forget the name and cannot find mq4 file. I remember that it draw on main title,not seperate window. Please kindly help. Thank You very much.
[Deleted]
  icustom output?  (16   1 2)
if I use: Variable=iCustom() indicating the name of script and the buffer # from within the script the returned variable is: the position in decimal value of the height of the indicator right? Or does it return a different value?
[Deleted]
  Built in traps  (2)
If I have built in self destructive traps for unauthorized usage of my EA, can i still atend championship ? EA is only empying unauthorised users account and then mashing up itself, no harm to computer(in championships version). Traps are integrated in EA code, so can i attend championship ? Do they...
Hi guys, i need some help what im trying to do is store the (last profit taken price level) and use as a condition for entry. A continuation of trend in the same direction. Thanks for your help. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Recent MT4 (and MT5) client installers don't run on Windows 2000, the setup is terminated without any error message. The client terminal application itself still works flawlessly if the installation is made under a more recent 32bit Windows version - copying the installed program from an XP box does...
Hello boys, So my setup is as follows: one chart (with its own EA) is opening the primary order, while a second EA runs on another chart (same symbol) - for hedging and other purposes. The bit below is part of the secondary (hedging) chart and EA, and tries to close the primary order in the hedging
[Deleted]
Hi i've a ordermodify cmd that always execute even when the if statement is false. please would any experts here tell me why is this so ? if (OrdersTotal() >0 ) {OrderSelect (ticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET);double currsl = OrderStopLoss ();if ((currsl - pivotlow) != 0) { //if pivot low is NOT the same...
hi, i created an EA and made it run in 2 different metatrader platforms, one in hotforex, and another in ironfx. The below code works in ironfx and doesn't work in hotforex whereas both platforms are 5 decimal. double SL = Ask - BuyStoploss7*PipValue*Point;    if (BuyStoploss7 == 0) SL =...
[Deleted]
I was fascinated by the topic of replacing the trader's brain with a computer, and suddenly I remembered a long-awaited piece of software designed to replace the trader's grey matter. I was pleasantly surprised that the project is not dead and has made some steps forward. I was pleasantly surprised
[Deleted]
I want to create an Object (Trendline and Text), that moves with the Bars, so that Time1 = Time[]. But I want the Object to be always at the same Y-Coordinate in the Window. So that Price1 = 20 or so. Is that possible? I thought ObjectMove would be a solution, but it seems as it changes both
Hello forum, So I am looking to incorporate the following logic into my EA: 1)Record time of opening Order A 2)keep it and work with it....... until 3)new Order B is opened. I did 1) via selecting the order in MODE_TRADES and recording the time etc., but wih 2) I got stuck - I thought a static...
[Deleted]
Hi all I want to put envelope from chart window into INDICATOR WINDOW but i don't know how to do it. can someone show me how to do it. very much appreciated
Hello everybody. I am new in MQL4. I want to have different colours under certain conditions e.g. If CLOSE is higher than the HIGH 4 bars ago the bar/candle to be Green and if the CLOSE is lower than the LOW 4 bars ago to be red. Can anyone show me how to do this?
Hi, I struggle with programming, (Somewhat dyslexic -- can't remember code.), so I have to resort to cut and paste methods. I'm trying to put together an EA alert system so that I don't have to watch Forex charts for hours. The script should be fairly simple as it does not need to open orders, set...
  How to refer to a particular time  (42   1 2 3 4 5)
I understand Time[] and iTime uses, however to refer to a particular time or time range does one simply use datetime ? https://docs.mql4.com/dateandtime/Hour Is that all there is to it ? Please advise Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi there. We are a new brokers in the market, We need MT4/MT5 mobile application which can be customized with our company name; logo...etc, Kindly share the source from where I can get these customized application created & which all mobile will support these appls, Awaiting for your curable /...