The immorality of “Elite Leeches”

Good Day !

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172885

Ah, great example of a statement I made a few days ago on my statistics thread.

This is also a great reason why people SHOULD NOT help so called newbie’s or system developers or testers etc. on these kinds of forums.

This is also the main reason why since I started posting on forums about 7 years ago, I have NEVER EVER released a system, rule sets etc.

Why ? Because if I did so, I would put it here, just like all the other stuff I do and share, as a gift to everybody. I receive feedback from people etc. and in the end things get sorted out. But now and then, a thread would either start as a public thread and then get all the input it needs in order to sort itself out, and when it looks half decent, it gets sucked into the so called “elite section”. The other way is for so called “elite members” to actually leech ideas, concepts etc, from the public section and then continue their little secret research in private.

Technically there is not problem with this, but morally I think it is disgusting to say the very least, as the people who deliver inputs and contribute to the development and sharing of said concepts never ever get the benefit of their ideas.

I never ever want to be a member of such groups as I do not support their tactics and the immorality of their actions.

Just for those who noticed the thread earlier referenced here going missing from public viewing, the silly little indicator and concept they have there is older than the damn mountains themselves. It is highly correlated with a crap load of indicators for the simple reason which is that it displays volatility hence its high correlation to any volatility indicator, the reversal points are simple extreme readings which one can find without much ado. Its common general knowledge that reversals have a higher probability of taking place during periods of high volatility, pull up any volatility chart and see for yourself, I have posted simple samples of this before. This is just a good example dressing something old with new cloths and having a brain-fart about their new enlightenment.

This however is not the motivation for this post, the motivation is to underline the risk of spending time and effort to help people and then getting abused and ripped off (I had no input in the above thread, just using it as an example as it just happened). And here I refer to ripped off in the sense that you contribute and help out of the kindness of your soul under the impression you are doing good only to find out you have been feeding “elite leeches” with concepts. It could also be that the thread starter had ulterior motives which also would only start to surface as things start taking shape.

Some “elite leeches” would now and then throw some bones to the public forums in the form of an indicator or help with some coding etc. just to keep the people flocking to the forums in the hope that at least 1 out of say 1000 newbie’s actually unknowingly drop a great idea in their laps. How pathetic!!!

Anyway, it’s disgusting, it’s real, it’s happening, and I officially pledge my total disgust and opposition to this practice! For all I care, you can delete my membership right here, right now, I have nothing to contribute any further and hope that after reading this, people who try to help others thing twice about how it would end up !

Seasons Greetings,

FX Sniper

FX_Sniper is talking here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175823 about it.

Not me.

I just woke up in the morning 10 hors ago and saw many messages from the author of this system.

And those messages were not for the members. It was to me.

Just something from the thread I deleted:

I had receive complete manual from lesson 1 to 5 I will make a resume and will post a word document with the complete set of rules and pictures. Please giveme 1 or 2 days to read all. Partypips
Yes, I think it is. PartyPips, can you confirm this please?

FX_Sniper, you are not right.

Your posts are very emotional.

I only understand that you don't like me.

That's ok.

Hi FX_Sniper,

I got several messages.

Just one of them:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

This message is filled with copyright infringement! I am the seller simple4x on ebay and this thread and especially post #72 by party pips where he post my entire copyrighted material is illegal!

Please remove this post a.s.a.p

(name)

(email)

(telephone number)

The other one:

Hello,

I was informed by one of my customers that my copyrighted material was being shared on your forum. The thread is: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

I am the ebay seller Simple4x and this system is part of my forex course that I sell on ebay. Can you please remove this thread?

Some of you guys are selling something.

And the other people are posting something here.

And as a results i am gettings the messages that seems I did something bad!

I deleted this thread.

It was not moved to elite section.

The sellers are trying to make good profit before Christmas. Money.

The other people are posting sellers' systems hoping to make profit as well.

And I should speak with this seller, right? Why? Because he is sending the messages to me?

How should I care about his income before Christmas?

And profit from system some people expected?

I'd never sold anything. Never on ebay. Nowhere.

I woke up in the morning.

And do you know which kind of messages I am getting from the sellers? They are sending the messages to me as I am monkey but they are human beings. I think everybody knows that kind of messages.

Just some example of the messages.

One Russian sent this message to me many months ago (he was recognized as a scam later):

Dear NewDigital,

I know that on forum you publish products from us. The product is .... Maybe there are another products also published. The product is copyrighted. I could file a complain about your site to be closed as copyright violation is against the law.

Please contact me at (email) and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Fortunately, I do not have many messages like I posted above. Because i am trying to re-act. May be, too quickly as some members said.

That is why I do not like the sellers.

newdigital:
The other people are posting sellers' systems hoping to make profit as well.

WTF?! This was my post you deleted:

"So the system fx_geezer is describing is this same system? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Home-Business-...QQcmdZViewItem "

I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THE SELLER! My question was completely legitimate. I can't believe some of the bull*hit that mods get away with on these forums. Try backing up your claim.

FX_sniper, have you had a subscription to the Elite section, do you know what is in there?

My take:

Snipe's been a great contributor to this forum. Thanks, mate. However, what actually makes 'leeches' thrive are desperate folks who will pay for the dream. There will always be newbz who do this. They want to believe you can bottle lightning. I was one of them long time ago. Shutting down a forum that features the collective, generous wisdom of so many traders would be worse than the problem itself--by a far sight--IMHO.

Peace.

cockeyedcowboy:
newdigital

Iam sorry didnot mean to insigate anything here, I was going to pull the file down myself after reading the rest of the situation.

The CockeyedCowboy

:D no you have not caused any troubles, I'm naturally a pain in the but and always looking for a cause to defend

Seasons Greetings,

FX Sniper

Reason: