MetaTrader4 terminal

hmm.. so, right now if we want to use 4,5 accounts from different brokers (i.e. each one implementing different EAs) we need 4,5 pcs running simultaneously 24 hours a day ? Newdigital.. help

ufficgentil:
hmm.. so, right now if we want to use 4,5 accounts from different brokers (i.e. each one implementing different EAs) we need 4,5 pcs running simultaneously 24 hours a day ? Newdigital.. help

Just install Metatraders from different brokers and run. One pc is enough for 4 or 5 brokers. Not MultiTerminal. Normal one.

MultiTerminal is different.

newdigital:
Just install Metatraders from different brokers and run. One pc is enough for 4 or 5 brokers. Not MultiTerminal. Normal one. MultiTerminal is different.

You mean there can be 4-5 different sessions of metatrader running simultaneously and independently, each one associated to a different broker with no problem (as long as it is the mono terminal version?.. correct? Isn't there any problem in having different data feeds from different servers arriving at your pc?

To make an example.. it's like having 4-5 sessions of internet explorer running simultaneously..

Please correct me if I'm wrong

ufficgentil:
You mean there can be 4-5 different sessions of metatrader running simultaneously and independently, each one associated to a different broker with no problem (as long as it is the mono terminal version?.. correct? Isn't there any problem in having different data feeds from different servers arriving at your pc?

To make an example.. it's like having 4-5 sessions of internet explorer running simultaneously..

Please correct me if I'm wrong

It is the same as I am running IE to type this post, the other IE to see the news, the other window with IE to see something else and so on. Different installation. Different programs (MetaTrader) installed in different folders.

And you may test 4 or 5 EAs on the same broker using one Metatrader.

It is normal mono Metatrader.

Just only one problem: we can not open and use more than 20 or 30 copies of Metatrader.

newdigital:

And you may test 4 or 5 EAs on the same broker using one Metatrader.

It is normal mono Metatrader.

you mean, for each currency pair, we may use more than one EA simultaneously? I mean, in a real account, not only a demo

ufficgentil:
you mean, for each currency pair, we may use more than one EA simultaneously? I mean, in a real account, not only a demo

Yes.

I am talking about normal Metatrader.

MultiTerminal Metatrader is different.

Try to search https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.forex-tsd.src/search the forum with words "magic number" for example.

But quantity of EAs in one copy of MetaTrader is limited. That is why there are some library files which are managing all the EAs. And one EA which are managing all the EAs in one copy of MetaTrader is Portfolio Manager (one MM for all EAs because they are used in one account, switching on/off because of news, market condition, and so on). We will start to develop this Portfolio Manager in elite section soon.

It was normal Metatrader. You do not need MultiTerminal to do that. One account per one installed copy of Metatrader. If you have the other account so you will need the other copy of MetaTrader installed in computer.

As I undesrtand MultiTerminal Metatrader is allowing us to use many account with many brokers with one Metatrader. That is why it calls MultiTerminal. But I am not sure about how EAs will work in case of MultiTerminal.

newdigital:

But quantity of EAs in one copy of MetaTrader is limited..

What is the maximum quantity of EAs supported by one single copy of MT terminal? Is it a technical problem of CPU handling?

newdigital:
That is why there are some library files which are managing all the EAs. And one EA which are managing all the EAs in one copy of MetaTrader is Portfolio Manager (one MM for all EAs because they are used in one account, switching on/off because of news, market condition, and so on). We will start to develop this Portfolio Manager in elite section soon.

wow..sounds intersesting! Let me see if I'm clear with this: you mean let's say 3-4 EAs (for each currency pair) which, even if being in a single portfolio, run independently from one another.. and as long as there is balance left at that moment they open and close trades as if they were standalone? So that (assuming all the EAs allow each one only one lot at a time), supposing we consider EURUSD, there could be 3-4 trades going on at one particular moment (each one associated to a particular EA of the portfolio).. correct?

ufficgentil:
What is the maximum quantity of EAs supported by one single copy of MT terminal? Is it a technical problem of CPU handling? wow..sounds intersesting! Let me see if I'm clear with this: you mean let's say 3-4 EAs (for each currency pair) which, even if being in a single portfolio, run independently from one another.. and as long as there is balance left at that moment they open and close trades as if they were standalone? So that (assuming all the EAs allow each one only one lot at a time), supposing we consider EURUSD, there could be 3-4 trades going on at one particular moment (each one associated to a particular EA of the portfolio).. correct?

Not by CPU. It is limited by EAs themselves.

For example you open one M30 EURUSD chart and attach one EA with magic number. And you open the other M30 EURUSD chart and attach the other EA with different magic number. So EAs will trade independently from each other.

The only problem you will have is the following:

it is one copy of Metatrader and if one EA wants to open the other in the same time with the other one so this "other one" should wait, right? Because MetaTrader can not do many things simultaniously. MetaTrader can not do two things simultaniously even: open the order for one EA and modify the order for the other one in the same second. MetaTrader is doing everything by steps (step by step). So Portfolio manager should manage this subject.

Basicly if you are running more than 3 EAs in one copy of MetaTrader so it may be a problem: one EA will not open the order or will not modify it because this EA will not have time for that. 2 may be ok but depends on which kinds of EAs and timeframes as well.

If you attach on Firebird EA to 4 charts so it may be ok. But if you attach 3 Firebird versions to 4 chart each (12 charts) so it may be a problem.

Some people are trying to solve this problem.

For other example. There is some option in EAs which Igorad coded (SBS EA and TPE EA): how many seconds to wait or to try to open pending orders. For example 1 hour or 15 minutes. So EA will try to open pending order probable every minutes during the 15 minutes, or durong the 1 hour.

The other example is library files which manage EAs working in one Metatrader (they is giving the command to EA to wait or to try once again and so on). You may download those library files in Metaquotes website (Metaquotes codebase).

So, when I am talking about Portfolio Manager so it should be some tool which will manage all EA or orders opened in one Metatrader. We are started (or will start) to create this tool in elite section but it will take long time. Because we want for that tool to do the following:

- manage all EA in one copy of MetaTrader;

- giving trading signals according to some manual trading sstems;

- trading signals from some EAs;

- market condition analyzer;

- switch on/off some EAs according to the market condition;

- use one MM for all EAs or orders.

- give the reposts/analysis;

and so on.

I think it is not very difficult to create just simple Portfolio Manager because almost all library files were already posted in Metaquotes website. More difficult to connect them in one EA and to add everything which is necessary.

newdigital:
Not by CPU. It is limited by EAs themselves.

it is one copy of Metatrader and if one EA wants to open the other in the same time with the other one so this "other one" should wait, right? Because MetaTrader can not do many things simultaniously. MetaTrader can not do two things simultaniously even: open the order for one EA and modify the order for the other one in the same second. MetaTrader is doing everything by steps (step by step). So Portfolio manager should manage this subject.

interesting.. so, if one EA wants to open or modify a position and he finds the line busy can't he wait antil the other EA completes its operation?

Or maybe I make it simplier than it actually is

newdigital:

Basicly if you are running more than 3 EAs in one copy of MetaTrader so it may be a problem: one EA will not open the order or will not modify it because this EA will not have time for that. 2 may be ok but depends on which kinds of EAs and timeframes as well.

If you attach on Firebird EA to 4 charts so it may be ok. But if you attach 3 Firebird versions to 4 chart each (12 charts) so it may be a problem.

So that means that multitasking is allowed but only if it's done on different charts? i.e. one EA for each chart

newdigital:

Some people are trying to solve this problem.

For other example. There is some option in EAs which Igorad coded (SBS EA and TPE EA): how many seconds to wait or to try to open pending orders. For example 1 hour or 15 minutes. So EA will try to open pending order probable every minutes during the 15 minutes, or durong the 1 hour.

The other example is library files which manage EAs working in one Metatrader (they is giving the command to EA to wait or to try once again and so on). You may download those library files in Metaquotes website (Metaquotes codebase).

So, when I am talking about Portfolio Manager so it should be some tool which will manage all EA or orders opened in one Metatrader. We are started (or will start) to create this tool in elite section but it will take long time. Because we want for that tool to do the following:

- manage all EA in one copy of MetaTrader;

- giving trading signals according to some manual trading sstems;

- trading signals from some EAs;

- market condition analyzer;

- switch on/off some EAs according to the market condition;

- use one MM for all EAs or orders.

- give the reposts/analysis;

and so on.

I think it is not very difficult to create just simple Portfolio Manager because almost all library files were already posted in Metaquotes website. More difficult to connect them in one EA and to add everything which is necessary.

Well, I must compliment you guys on your work.. but in this case, wouldn't it be easier to have more copies of metatrader open each one wth only one or two EA per chart?

ufficgentil:
...line busy can't he wait antil the other EA completes its operation? ...

Sometimes yes, sometimes not. If not you will get some error or "trade context is busy" message for example. But the probability that two EA will want to open the orders in the same second is very small. But enyway to aviod this subject I am trying to use some very different EAs in one Metatrader: M5 timeframe and D1/H4 timeframe. And no more than 2 EAs in one MetaTrader (no more than 6 or 8 charts).

So that means that multitasking is allowed but only if it's done on different charts? i.e. one EA for each chart

It is easy on different charts. But the same charts are ok as well. If we use some "magic number" codes so Metatrader will recognize which order for which EA. But anyway it is limited.

For example, let's say, I have a dog. Just for example. And I may say to my dog: "Sit down Stend up!"

The dog will do "sit down" first and "stend up" as a second, right? He can not do it simultaniously.

So it is the same with Metatrader. May be Metatrader can do something simultaniously. Sorry I am not developer of this software. But according to my experience Metatrader can not do anything simultaniously. Of course it is easy if we are using different chats and different magic numbers.

Did you use "close_all" script to close all the orders? Just open 10 orders on demo account (anyone) and use this standard script to close the orders. And you will see how those orders will be closing: one by one and not simultaniously.

Because it is something related to the broker (sit down stend up) as well.

.. but in this case, wouldn't it be easier to have more copies of metatrader open each one wth only one or two EA per chart?

It is necessary to know EAs, how often they are trading and so on.

Besicly there are some professions:

- programmers;

- trading system developers;

- traders;

- testers.

So, testers are the same significant people as programmers for example. Because it is not easy to do. You may look at Brainwashing threads to understand how Sadaloma did it for example. Or at Goldwarrior threads.

Testers are testing many settings of the same EA with many brokers during the long period of time and their suggestions are very important/significant.

I know few testers only from different countries and they all are members of our forum (and elite section as well).

Reason: