General - page 1812

Dear Metaquotes Development Team, I am in the process of building a dedicated server to run MT Client Terminal. Specifically, I was wondering if each expert when added to a chart runs as seperate thread within one MT4 Client executable? I would assume that the MT 4 Client terminal is written...
can I use more than one delimiter somehow when opening a csv file? eg: InCsvHandle=FileOpen(RawCsv,FILE_CSV|FILE_READ, ';' | '-'); I have a CSV file where two data are separated with a "-", this way: 1.2333;1.2335;12-14;MOD and it would be good to handle them as two different integer numbers...
Hi All, Somebody can help me: I'm looking for: Mt4 API integration with Currenex's API Thanks B.
for (int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); . . . } Whenever I issue an OrderSelect function, does MT4-client query the server each time this is called or does MT4-client looks it up at the local machine's &quot;Trade&quot; and &quot;Account...
Hi, I,am new here and I have read every one of "Codersguru" lessons. I have another type of charting software called SEISMO/ Sharechart. The data feed with 20 delay which I get at the moment costs an arm and a leg. It appears that the file for data download is a stc. file just as MQL 4 is for...
  Most volatile currency pair?  (21   1 2 3)
In your opinion, what is the most volatile currency pair? I'm trying to look at one thats not very trendy, if it is its very very choppy.. I'm looking for the market that is really ups and downs all day. I'm looking at USDJPY right now.. anyone else have any others that would like to share? they can...
How do you set an expiration date for an indicator; so that when that date is reached the indicator ceases to operate? I found this code; but all it does is create an alert. However, the indicator still works. if ((Day() >= 02) && (Month() >= 10) && (Year() >= 2006)) { Alert("Trial has ended. Please...
It sure would be helpful if it was possible to assign a hot key on the keyboard to the active trade window one has open, instead of using the mouse. Instead of clicking buy or sell...hit a keyboard hot key. Is this possible? I sure hope so. If not, please make this a function in your upgrades....
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the article "The Championship Started!" has been published. It officially declares the start of the Championship and describes changes made on the Championship website that are of effect since the 1st of October. Renat Fatkhullin, CEO of the...
Hey guys Which one of these designs do you like the most? I'm going to change the site's look and feel. You can also criticise, then i'll tell the designers to change if needed. #1 Home page: https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.designcanada.net/mockups/forex/revision/ Sub page: https://www.mql5...
  The Original Turtle System  (19   1 2)
Free ebook by the original authors of "The Turtle System". Enjoy, roger
  Need Standard MACD Indicator  (14   1 2)
Hello, Can someone help to write a quote on Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD) developed by Gerald Appel for Metatrader 4. Thank you
  Coding Guides  (3)
Yeah, I am entirely new to programming. I've been manual trading for a long time, and have been wanting to test out some ideas. If anyone can post links to good guides for writing code that'd be great. I don't even know what the code is called or anything, so any help would be great. Google has
Hey guys Steven had been with us for a year and been away more than a year now, so it's time he was dropped to normal registered user. He's dropped not only because he's been away too long, but also I think he doesn't like the forum and possibly us for some reason. Our community is going to live and...
Hi, I can do simple coding at best. I am trying to write an ea but I am getting "Invalid Lots" error. double LotsOptomised() { double prevMACD = iMACD(Symbol(), 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MAIN, 2); double curMACD = iMACD(Symbol(), 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MAIN, 1); double lots = 0; int...
I am new in using MT4 and I am currently backtesting some EAs. I have found something very interesting in which some of you might want to verify with your own EAs. I ran the same EA with the same presets on MT4 from metaquotes and MT4 from InterbankFX. Simulation dates etc all the same. I found that...
  Delta indicator  (6)
Hey Guys can somebody post the delta indicator here it's a great one i hope that i get some respond cheers
  Trace, Step  (1)
Hello everyone. I am reposting this topic. I tried looking for this information in the forums but I couldn't find it anywhere. I would like to know if there is an option in MetaTrader 4 which would allow me to step in to the code while running the script and also if I can trace the value of the...
I'm new to this code writing so there might be some things wrong with this code. However, what I'm trying to do is modify stop orders (long and shorts) that can move at the same time regardles of where price is going. As of right now on the open of the candle if will change both. But say, when it...
[Deleted]
  Programming Candlesticks  (17   1 2)
Has anyone tried or actually programmed japanese candlesticks in an EA?
Hello there i will appreciate if one of u guys can get me an indicator to determine the angle between the 3 emas accurate one will be gr8 3 emas are ema 13 ema 100 ema 162 and yes it's fibo % my system depends mainly on ema 100 as the trend direction indicator ema 13 crosses ema 162 means going...
i've looked through codersguru's lessons, and i didn't notice anything about using an include file, the concept is new to me, and i was wondering if anyone out there could explain anything that i might be doing wrong with the file, and how to use it. here's the work i've done, (with 110 errors?)...
Is it possible to create an expert adivisor to alert you when these four indicators reach a certain criteria at a certain price?
  Somone konw a good indicator!  (76   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
hello. any body know a good indicator forcasting reserval on 4hr TF would appreciat . thanks
Hi Everyone, I have two simple questions that for some odd reason I can't find the answers too 1. When using the strategy tester in MT4, what is considered to be a good Profit Factor percentage? 2. If I'm using an EA and I want to give it to someone without them having the source code, how do I...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the article "Registration: Final Report" has been published. It gives statistics on Participants of the Championship and their geography, as well as the data on accepted and rejected submissions. Stanislav Starikov, the Automated Trading...
Hi Programmers, I've attempt to program an indicator that would run in the background on main window that would use the IMACD as the alert signal and playsound as the alert. I need help since I haven't figured it out yet. Indicator criteria: IMACD (...) crosses (up) 0.00010 (for example) then
Hello, I wanted to custom a indicator, but it must to get the first bar's data. But I don't know how to get the data, can you help me? thx best regards!
Hi, i have idea why not metatrader could use pen pad ( device for drawings using pen ) for direct use, for instead for drawings line directly without clicking buttons. and another idea why not a physical dealing board ( device for make fast buy, sell and close position ) so it just press the...