Cannot Get MetaTrader To Work Right

Hello, I am new to this forum as well as trading and I have been playing with metatrader 4 now for a couple days, but I cannot get custom EA's to work right. I have been following the FifthElement's thread about his Blessing EA and I love what I have read so far.

Here is my problem.

I load this EA into its proper Experts folder, then compile it in Metaeditor so I get an .ex4 file which I know it needs, but after I load it into another chart on the program and backtest it....it does nothing. I see other peoples charts with arros, lines and all kinds of stuff all over the place, but I cant even get a simple line chart to come up (the one in the tester window, graph)...am I doing something wrong here? please help as I would greatly appreciate it!!

01realestate:
Hello, I am new to this forum as well as trading and I have been playing with metatrader 4 now for a couple days, but I cannot get custom EA's to work right. I have been following the FifthElement's thread about his Blessing EA and I love what I have read so far.

Here is my problem.

I load this EA into its proper Experts folder, then compile it in Metaeditor so I get an .ex4 file which I know it needs, but after I load it into another chart on the program and backtest it....it does nothing. I see other peoples charts with arros, lines and all kinds of stuff all over the place, but I cant even get a simple line chart to come up (the one in the tester window, graph)...am I doing something wrong here? please help as I would greatly appreciate it!!

change the lots size from 0.01 to 0.1

BTW you better ask the question in the blessing EA thread

forgive me for asking but, how do you change the lot size? do you mean on the EA or the program itself?

I have this problem with other EA's as well not just that one, seems the only ones I dont have problems with are the EA's that came with the program.

I must be doing something wrong here, really wrong

thanks for the help!!

01realestate:
forgive me for asking but, how do you change the lot size? do you mean on the EA or the program itself?

I have this problem with other EA's as well not just that one, seems the only ones I dont have problems with are the EA's that came with the program.

I must be doing something wrong here, really wrong

thanks for the help!!

click on the smile face on the top right corner

go to inputs tap

where it says lot 0.01 make it 0.1

thank you

that worked perfectly!! I appreciate the help!!

Reason: