General - page 1818

I have a long test string that I want to display, but it cuts off at 64 in length, although the documentation says it can be up to 256. BTW, does anyone know the difference between OBJ_TEXT and OBJ_LABEL?
Hi, It would be great if MT4 expert advisers had a password feature to protect our expert advisors. This would allow our company to employ traders to execute our expert advsors but not let them copy or read our source MQL4 codes. MetaQuotes used to have this feature for DealSmart product (product...
[Deleted]
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? This part of the code works in backtesting but does not work properly in live testing. TH total = OrdersTotal(); for(int i = 0 ; i<total ; i++) { OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); ticket = OrderTicket(); //----BreakEven Code if (OrderType()==OP_BUY...
Does an EA need to have the indicator placed on the graph to reference the data from the indicator?? If the indicator is only showing under navigator>custom indicators but not placed on the graph - is this enough?? This is a question that has come up because a guy says his EA runs without the...
I was recently told about a strategy that has a 90% success rate and I'd like to see if someone could code an EA for it. Here are the rules... 1) This only works on the GBP/USD & only on the 15 minute charts. 2) Take the High & Low of these 3 candles - 08:15, 08:30, 08:45 (EST-NY time) 3) Buy when...
I just recently was told about a strategy that has a 90% success rate and I'd like to see if someone could code an EA for it. Here are the rules... 1) This only works on the GBP/USD & only on the 15 minute charts. 2) Take the High & Low of these 3 candles - 08:15, 08:30, 08:45 (EST-NY time) 3)...
1-id like a trailing stop like that: profit: 100 trailing: 5 so only after profit is 100 it starts to trailing 5 to 5: if market back to 95 close trade 2-maximum spread if spreads is greater than x (3 for example) then don't trade PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!...
Can any one tell me if I can use a expert advisor to run on demo accountut not back testing
Updated MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 195 has been published. In this version the visual mode for userfriendly tracing of expert advisor has been updated. It is the preliminary version before official build 196. What's new: 1. Comments (function Comment) are shown during tests. 2. Fixed the...
Here is what I want to do. Let's say I have a MA on H1 that for example change the bar colors if slope up or down (green up, red down). I have it working and all that but what I want is to put a dot on the price at the tick the price changes for the first time during a bar. I can put a dot on the MA
Not looking for a regular trailing stop but one that will trail based on equity. I place several orders through out the day all generated from same EA with same MagicNumber. Looking for something like if equity reaches +$300, then equity trail stop of +$100 kicks in and trails forward, or equity...
  Position Trading  (2)
Can anyone provide information for doing positional trading? And is there any free site that provides seasonality of currency pairs?
I'm curious if anyone has ever found success with scalping EAs that sell the ask and buy the bid. I came across an EA that does just that. The author won't let me share the entire code as he's selling it for quite a bit of money. This is actually a little snippet from the MQ4 that sheds some light...
if (UseHourTrade) { if(!(Hour()>=FromHourTrade1 && Hour()<=ToHourTrade1)) a=1; if(!(Hour()>=FromHourTrade2 && Hour()<=ToHourTrade2)) b=1; if(!(Hour()>=FromHourTrade3 && Hour()<=ToHourTrade3)) c=1; if(a==1 || b==1 || c==1) { Comment( "\n"," * SOLAR WIND EXPERT ADVISOR *", "\n", "\n", " -...
  NEWS EA Modify Request  (11   1 2)
Please i have this news EA and works with system from www.amazingforexsystem.com Im not sure if the ea works on LIVE accoun because i dont test it yet I use it only on demo and works great and is very easy But from what i hear i think we need to add spread because for example on northfinance if ea...
I wonder if someone on here can help me... I need to make a custom MT4 indicator that will do the following... 1) Plot a signal such as a dot or arrow when to MA's cross 2) Play an audio alert when the 2 MA's cross 3) Allow for the MA's to be edited (both the # and type - EMA, LWMA, SMA,...
I wonder if someone on here can help me... I need to make a custom MT4 indicator that will do the following... 1) Plot a signal such as a dot or arrow when to MA's cross 2) Play an audio alert when the 2 MA's cross 3) Allow for the MA's to be edited (both the # and type - EMA, LWMA, SMA, Smoothed...
Im looking ea what would close all open and pending orders in specific time. Example I want all orders close at 9 PM GMT???
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006 ("MQL4: automated forex trading"), an interview with Sergey Kovalyov known as SK has been published. Sergey imparts his views of Forex trading as a whole, as well as automated trading and the Championship particularly. Besides, he tells about...
I need to detect when the new bar for any timeframe commences and then put out an alert if a certain condition is met. I am new to this and just completed my first indicator but my alerts occur for every tick. Also, how do I return a specific bar's commencing server or local time. Does each bar have...
Hi all, Today as ussual I log in to my MT4 account...and I tried to check my MT4 connection to foreign host to see what kind of connection I have during my log on session .and I found this strange connection from my MT4 to outside server. bot.konspiracy.org:https established After logout from my acc...
  Simple system for beginners?  (31   1 2 3 4)
I am a newbie in Forex and am looking for a simple system to trade part time. I work during the day 6am to 4pm USA EST. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have aspirations of doing this full time eventually
  What the hell is this  (11   1 2)
I tried to close one of my orders manually (but also get it using EA) What is suppos? I cannot close an order when I want to?
  Forecasting  (45   1 2 3 4 5)
So I decided to try forecasting myself... I just played around with indicators etc and predicted the following to a guy I talked to on MSN: -Buy the USD/JPY on the 21st at 8:00 InterbankFX time. Set a take profit about 5 pips from the previous high. Set a stop loss at previous low. If he followed...
Hello all, "MQL4: SendFTP" The docs states that SendFTP will NOT work from custom indicators.... My request is that SendFTP can be used from a custom indicator... Thoughts Slawa? -charliev
Hi Guys I thought you might appreciate this site, I would like to point out that I am in no way affiliated with them Enjoy http://www.forexmadedifficult.com/
  Safe Zone Ind.  (5)
I find this usefull ind. at strategybuilder.com ,but does not work properly and has some changes when switch from one pair to other and come back to the first.also sometimes when chang the period and back to the first period.I think it has some error in program file .If any body know Meta4...
They will handle smooth market conditions but sharp shifts in price will leave them sitting like a blind person trying to follow michael jordan. There is only one answer I have found in foreign exchange. I have alluded to it here before. Price holding/penetrating key levels seen holding in prior...
How do you make a DRAW_ARROW Size bigger. I tried DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, 2 and that did not work?? Please advise!!!! Thanks in advance. Make My Day!Dave <<
I understand PSAR does not, but what other indicators to not redraw and distort themselves????????????