General - page 1816

Hi guys, A friend and I have identified a formation on the daily charts that seems to have a very high probability of identifying reversals. The visual backtests are pretty difficult due to the nature of trying to pinpoint the formation much less being able to trade it. So anyways, I know that this...
I have two questions here, hoping MetaQuotes knowhows can help. 1. Is that true that all ticks were recorded and stored in history database sequencially? Since I have found that simulated transactions using tick data produce different result from being tested online. 2. Is there any kind of...
Hi All, I would like some help in programming a script or indicator that would plot automatically when applied to a chart, various support and resistance (based on various periods) plotted on the 1 time period. I.E. I use a 15M chart but would like the previous days High/low, prev week high/low,...
Read the following email from bottom to top. ______________________________________________________ Hello, Shahin There is really problem. We will fix it. Thank You very much for your discover. Best regards, Stanislav Starikov MetaQuotes Software Corp. www.metaquotes.net ----- Original Message -----...
  MACD With colors  (20   1 2)
Anyone has the standard MACD (no modifications!) colored so once below zero= red and above=green. Also without the two signal lines, only the histogram is needed.
Hello, Do I have to register twice ? One time at http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/ and a other at http://forum.mql4.com/ ? Regards, Tintin92
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 197 of the 19th of September 2006 is now available with the following changes: 1. Fixed sort and search for access points of the trade server. 2. Fixed error that occurs at closing the testing visualization window. 3. Fixed error that occurs at initialization of...
  Knowledge  (2)
Reference : http://www.migfx.ch/en/learn-forex/profitloss-calculation/index.html Consider margin calcs based on USD account MT4 100:1 PAIRS starting with USD Factor = 1 So each contract is $1000 uSD PAIRS ending with USD Factor = SPot ie AUDUSD , spot would be .7550 So each AUDUSD margin...
Hi, I set up Data Center on my PC. According to the journal it connects to the server. The problem is the terminal doesn't connect to the Data Center. It only connects to the server as before. I tried to use both auto and manual configuration in the options. What is wrong? 2 comments: 1) The...
Does anyone make a PAMM (percent allocation management module) for MT4 to manage client sub accounts?
I am writing an Indicator and wanted it to display ONLY on specific Period. So I used the Period() function. However, I found it much much easier with the Visualization Option. How do I write my Indicator such that the options in this Visualization are permanently set? ie, I dont have to go over...
How do I get the price chart between a specified timeframe? ie, I'd like to know the M1 chart of EURUSD between 8:00EST and 9:00EST Jan 31, 2006 Surely I cant use the PageUP/PageDown to scroll all the way from September 2006 to Jan 2006; it would be idiotic to do that on an M1 chart. Currently I...
I have a newbie question. I downloaded script named "10points3" for testing purposes. But the problem is that this script is not working automaticly. In order to put a trade, I must (everytime) click 'Execute on chart'. So what's the deal? Any suggestions? Thx, Dejan
Has anyone else received this error while doing backtesting? TestGenerator: error reading file for 'EURUSD30' Its only happening for my EURUSD30 file, and it just started happening recently.
[Deleted]
I seek the indicators %b, bandwidth and %b(RSI). Thank you
Hi , Can someone please make an EA for Fisher_Yur4ik... Thanks Babar
Hi, At some point there was a problem with the Hull mA that it would repaint itself. Then I remember that Igorad had a look into this problem. The Hull Ma that is revised by Igorad still has the problem of now and then repaiting itself. As you can see on the image, there are 2 light blue arrows....
[Deleted]
A few months ago, I had participated in a discussion on the SBFX forum regarding a trading idea based on entering the markets on the breakouts of the previous few hours. I posted an EA there hoping that people will post their findings, but I did not see any results being reported. I will make...
Hi, Does anyone have any code/know how to make calls to VB/VC api either dlls or exes from MT4. Any help will be appreciated Thanks
I need help, this is a very basic question, but... I'm not a coder, but I'm trying to code an EA for the first time, So, I need to know how to close all trades based on MagicNumber variable... I want to put an order but before close all open trades of that EA. Is this possible? Thanks!
  MT4 Magic Number  (2)
Can someone point me to a thread that explains the function of the EA magic number and how/why it is used in detail? Thanks
Hiho all members! Do you know broker that offers Indexes(S&P500, DOW JONES) with spread lower than 5pips ? Thanks in advance, P7
Hello Don't know if it could be useful, maybe..... http://forex.xcd.ru/mpips138.zip Program makes it possible to reflect the tick graphs of all accessible into QuoteRoom currencies. Obtaining data proceeds on the interface DDE from the program Of quoteRoom. There is a possibility of retaining/the...
If I have something like this: if (a > 0 && b > 0 && c > 0 && OrderSend(.....) > 0) {} will it execute the OrderSend even if a=0, b=0, c=0? ie, does MT4 knows when to quit early?
i was wondering if there is a list of brokers that support metatrader 4. can any1 help? thanks ben
I am still trying to find an EA that someone has the confidence to say to me will work? I am looking to get sensible returns with minimal risks. It does not seem a lot to ask from all you EA wizzards.
I'm a live trader on MT4 Build 197. As my EA is executing trades, they are showing double entries. My journal tab only shows one entry, yet a duplicate entry is being executed. Is that a broker problem or MT4?