General - page 1805

Can I use the same EA for different symbols with different parameters ? Can I have a 20 Moving Average for a symbol, and a 50 Moving Average in another? Thanks for help
  Indicator Requests for EA.  (20   1 2)
I have a profitable system but it's manual at this point. I am very willing and able to automate it, but need a bit of help on the indicators and thought it might just be easiest to ask. I am in need of the following indicators: Accumulation Swing Index. Calculation SI (i) = 50 * (CLOSE (i - 1) -...
i made EA with simple strategy but it not work it dont open position and i dont know why its strategy works well with most pairs and time frames (not more H4) please help me
I'm having a problem with one of my MT4 indicators: it's the Two_Colour_MA When you press the home key to go further back on the chart the indicator goes crazy. Then when you go back to the current time on the chart it's still going crazy. Any tips on how to solve this or is this? Is it programming...
[Deleted]
I'm having a problem with one of my indicators: it's the Two_Colour_MA When you press the home key to go further back on the chart the indicator goes crazy. Then when you go back to the current time on the chart it's still going crazy. Any tips on how to solve this or is this? Is it programming...
  $x per month.  (14   1 2)
Hi, I'm thinking of selling my strategy. Ive backtested it with 90% modelling quality and gives return of 350% without compounding and the equity curve is a very smooth one. Now I want to charge $x per month for its use. I would like to know what code do I put in the expert so that it will stop...
[Deleted]
Ok, I think you can see what I'm trying to do here.... I want to record to the journal when a trade loses.... So I pop this little function in just before the order closes... RecordLongOutcomes(); OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid ,SlipPage,Violet); // We close the order return(0);[/PHP]...
This function should return number of opened trades per symbol. It's ok except on the last pair on the chart. IF there (on the last pair) are no opened trades this function always returns -1. Here is the function: int subTotalTrade() { int cnt, total = 0;...
  Debugging  (3)
Anyone got any input on how to debug scripts ? I have been starting to try to convert some Easy Language code to MQL4 and am still trying to understand how the plotting of indicator values works. This snippet below is from an indicator I found on this board, but when I apply it my system locks up....
  hotkey problem?  (2)
Hi, I just wrote a very simple indicator, which includes 4 MAs. I assigned a hotkey to it: ALT-Z But I must press ALT-Z several times, 5 or 8, untill this indicator shows up. Is this a bug? And I also notice that hotkey can not switch off the indicator. Thanks. wyf
  2 charts  (4)
i want make a superimpose of two graph on mt4 Or join a graph of gbpusd and graph of eurusd Like the i can on netdania Please look the anex for a example of netdania
  Build 198 bug  (1)
Hello, When a TakeProfit is reached and the background color of the cell is ivory, it happens very often that the broker (mine is MIG) does not allow the order to be triggered. If at this instant, when the quote is stable for many seconds, I try to close the order manually, there are two bugs
Hi, I have a simple question i guess. I have moving average indicator with two lines. First is moving average (10) and second is moving averages (SMA(20)). I would like to get those values , but i don't know how. Can somebody give me a hint? THanks, Dejan
I am new to automated trading so I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question. I have been reading the various threads and systems on this site and have noticed that a lot of systems and ea's are based on break-out strategies of one sort or another. They are then backtested via MetaTrader to...
  Boolinger_starc bands  (26   1 2 3)
hello can someone make this indicator to look like boolinger sqeeze below the chart we have boolinger bands and starc bands,when BB is inside SB - no trade, when BB interacts SB from inside it is possible signal for entry in other direction of interaction, look the chart i tryed to modify bbsqeeze...
Hi, I'm looking to see if you can evaluate dynamically created variables in MT4. Here's an example. Suppose that I have 3 external variables that should create 3 different trades. I want to be able to dynamically create the variables I use to generate the orders. Example: extern string...
Hi, The attached indicator has a visual alert, I was hoping someone may have or know how to also have a Audio alert as well.....would appreciate any help... regards, Leighton
Is there a way to set a trailing stop to trail by a percentage of the profit? For example, I don't want to set a TakeProfit but I want to activate a Trailing Stop to kick in when my profit hits 30 pips and then trail by 20% of the profit (instead of at market value)...so if the profit goes to 50...
Have someone can help with this indicator? I need to have the possibility to draw the sma...or not... Thanks Here's Tradestation Code: {Corrected Average (CA), A.Uhl, Oct. 25, 2005} vars: CA(0),SA(0),n(0), v1(0),v2(0),K(0); inputs: Price(Close),length(35); if CurrentBar=1 then CA=Price else begin if...
Dear Boaders, Does anyone have any idea how to mask the user input string to '******' while typing. I've code like this. Please help. Thank you. extern string Please_Enter_Password="0";
[Deleted]
1. Is there a way to check if an expert actually works, meaning that it can open/close positions (trade). The thing is that it happened a lot to me that, like, I put an expert on a graph, see a smiley face, but the expert never trades. Is there a way to check if it works properly? 2. Also, I've...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Lingyu Jiang (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/58/) has been published. Jiang gave a brief account of forex trading in Japan and China and described his Expert Advisor: My Expert Advisor tries to catch the main...
Is it possible to make this EA work? (see the attached image) So, here we have a H1 chart, Moving Average(10) -yellow line, and Bollinger Band (20) -red lines. Lets focus on the middle BB line and MA line: - When yellow MA crosses the middle BB from BELOW, then we have bullish trend and the graph...
Hi Metaquotes, Quite a number of times each day, I'm getting orders rejected by the trading server with an "[Invalid S/L or T/P]" error, only to have the order accepted if I try it again. The section of log below shows this for a USDCAD trade... 10:30:00 '457682': instant order sell 12.50 USDCAD...
  Color change  (2)
Hi all Can someone please make an indicator that is adjustable and can be used for the diifirent ma 's (smooth or exp or simple or linear) that changes its color when it changers its direction (like green for up and red for down) thank a lot I posted this somrwhere else too
Hi I came across this link: https://fxnet.efixonline.com/webpl/public/register.aspx?type=pta&lang=English&SID=37016 Can anyone tell me something about this? I understand that traders can sign an agreement with this broker for insuring their losses. It says: "You may pay a premium of 100 USD to 1,000...
Hi All, On Market Execution with ECN feed, I can open a trade manually with +1,+2,…-3,-4,0, etc. I closed one open position on +2, I saw this price, but in Account History this trade appear as –3. It is possible to create an Expert Advisor that will open only on positive prices and close...
Hi everyone, I have a problem, I have historical forex TICK data from GAIN capital and I would like to convert it to OHLC time frame kind of data so I can use it for historical testing in Wealth Lab. Does anyone have a good idea how to solve the problem ? Maybe a program like CSV splitter that...
hello guys, i am looking for one of W.D Gann's books. it called : How to make profits in commodities. i found in emule spanish/italian version of this wonderful book but unforunatly i cant read these languages. i'll be hugely thankful if someone help me with an english version . thanks !
  Time line  (1)
I find there is a big problem with the time in MT. For example, if I wish to update my indicator exactly every 5 minutes on a 1 minutes chart, it seems simple, but I found it is actually quite difficult to realise. The problem lies which time reference to use: LocalTime( ), CurTime( ), or Time[0]....