General - page 1819

I realize that it has a way to go, but I would like an explaination as to how the Optimization parameters within the Testing Tab is intended to function. For instance, when we select "Profit Factor" and click the Genetic algorithm box, is the backtesting running a genetic algorithm that optimizes...
I have two MT4 running on different Systems. MT4 on Pocket PC and MT4 on Desktop PC. When I place a trade via the Pocket PC it turns up on the screen of the Desktop PC, great. So if I activate a trailing stop via Pocket PC will it be activated on my Desktop PC, and vica versa ? Please advise ?
How do you run an EA only on a new bar? I've been running below but after reading the documentation, it obviously won't work. if (Volume[0]) { return; } // since EA has already acted on this bar.
My problem is when I attach my indicator to main chart it does not cycle. It is successful when I compile it. I don't know why it is. Can you help me? thank you very much Jia Xiangxing
[Deleted]
Hi there, I have two opened 1-hr charts and each chart is attached with a diferent EA. One EA moves the stoploss to breakeven when the price has moved into profit by 20 pips. The other EA moves the stoploss to breakeven when the price has moved into profit by 100pips. Both of these are running on
My problem is when I attach my indicator to a chart it does not display I have to complie it and then when I change an input parameter it does not display I have to compile it again before the indicator displays. now when I remove the iMaOnArray Functions it displays all the time. Here is my init...
Hi, I'm having trouble creating a script that will change the stop loss of my orders. I keep getting error number 4109. Here is the part of the script that is giving me trouble. for (i = 0; i < ordersTotal; i++) { //select the order if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,...
Hi all, I am looking for a EA that will work on a live account and produce good returns while limiting risk. I am totally confused with all that is out there. All suggestions welcome. Also, does anyone use a simple MACD 3 pointed with a simple stop loss and profit target? if not, can someone make...
How to deal with MT4 Platform to get execution of orders??? This is from Crown MT4 Journal trading with EA: 2006.09.13 11:29:43 '14254': instant order sell 1.00 GBPUSD at 1.8759 sl: 1.8819 tp: 0.0000 2006.09.13 11:30:22 Old tick GBPUSD1 1.8758/1.8759 2006.09.13 11:30:22 Old tick GBPUSD1 1.8756/1...
Hi Slawa, Does "LiveUpdate" feature download updated files from MetaQuotes server or Broker's server? Thank you for your reply answer. Regards RJF
Hi All, I'm quite new to the whole forex biz. My friend's traded live with Oanda and had some success (he got me into this), but I found manual trading to be too emotional. The idea of expert advisors fascinated me, so I wrote a few of my own. The one included is the one that works the best so...
  High/Low value?  (1)
Hi all, I use zigzag to find Highs and Lows. How I put every high value to a variable and put every low value to another variable? What kind of function must I use? The idea is I want to connect every High to High and every Low to Low with a line. So to connect them, I need to get the values marked...
What could be the problem with opening new position: Strategy tester "open" position but in real trade no? For sure I used your Metaquotes "Moving Average" EA just changed parameters.EA runs at 1 min. chart. Strategy tester is tested at open price only.The EA is absolutely simple.No indicator at...
MetaTrader 4 build 197 has been released. What’s new: 1. Fixed error of switching the period for the charts with attached expert. 2. Fixed charts bar switching. 3. Fixed error of trade context emptying after timeout. 4. MQL4: Fixed error of the code optimizer. New terminal can be downloaded...
after upgrade to 196 from 195, when I change the chart period, then a crash occure... There has been a critical error Time : 2006.09.08 11:11 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 196, 07 Sep 2006) Owner : MetaQuotes Software Corp. (MetaTrader) OS :...
Please i need help making an EA
Hello, MetaTrader 4. If I choose a daily periodicity, MT4 creates a bar corresponding at the last hour of Sunday. I think MT4 creates this bar because of the time shift of France. I have the feeling that distort my daily graphs. How to manage this problem? Thank you. Tintin92
Slawa, If I comment Print("test") line than loop "for" will not work. Why? It was working a OK on 195; I have Build 196; 7, September 2006 Substituting Print("test") call with a call to dummy() function will work too. void dummy() { }...
Does anybody know anything about this indicator FOR MT4? Especially where can I find it
Hey guys Lenar the president of MQ asked me to join Automated Trading Championship 2006 and to give interview about automated trading. He did search participants database and told me he hadn't found me. It's kinda exciting first, but I am not going to join that contest because of privacy reasons....
  Indicator help  (3)
hello, i want to create a custom indicator but dont know how to do this. I want to create a simple box over certin candle patterns. and to be able to choose what color of a box is over each pattern. theese are the following patterns i want to have boxed. Dark cloud cover, piercing line pattern,both...
[Deleted]
I am wondering what's the difference between sending a stop order than comparing with the current price and sending a market order in EA. Will the latter get less chance to be filled? Does anyone here know the answer? Thanks!
I get trade signals via, email, sms, and website. Is there anyway that to get these trade signals to execute in MT4?
Does anyone know of an indicator using the MACD and SAR. I'm looking to use it th same way as Newdigital's ASCTrend method. What are the chances that anyone has an indicator that gives you and alert/signal that the Parabolic SAR and the MACD MAs are crossing at same time or within in 5 minutes? If I
  Need help  (1)
how to write the code for Buylimit and selllimit @ a MA cross . I am trying to use it for counter trend .... if anyone can modify the codes below for buylimit and selllimit orders. //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------// void CheckOpen(){ bool Buy,...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, an interview with Andrey Khatimlyanskyy using the nickname of komposter has been published. Andrey has written dozens of useful articles devoted to Expert Advisors development and use, and developed a variety of MQL4 programs. Andrey...
Hello! Im developing a automated trading platform and right now im trying to make some simple indicators. I tryied to make a simple stochastic using a %K and %D lines, and using the following formula for the %K: ( ( Today's Close - Lowest Low in %K Periods ) / ( Highest High in %K Periods - Lowest...