General - page 1807

Dear Metaquotes, When backtesting a system that uses the information of two or more currency pairs, for example - putting an EA on the EUR/USD 30 min chart, and having it also read information from the USD/CHF - the backtester is way off. The reason for this is that when backtesting a system on...
  HMA indicator  (4)
Hello all Does any one has HMA indicator with alert when the colored change? Does any one has HMA expert advisor? Thank you and your help is greatly appreaciated.
Hello, I already run my own Expert Advisor ( not a good one ) on my PC, I know how to do it. But here something different : Upload my Expert Advisor and run it on my broker's computer, is it feasible ? Thanks, Pierre2006
  T_rex  (14   1 2)
I just foud it... t_rex.zip CHEER$ Raff
[Deleted]
I have turned MT4 off line and delete all period history files from its history directory and then imported the 1M data from http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php. I then use the period convert script to generate the 5min, 15min, 30min, 1hr, 4hrs and daily periods and then import them into...
Did anyone read that some guy on the yahoo groups site wants help making his indicator into an EA? Says it makes him thousands now, and he's more than willing to share the indicator as long as its to help the progress of making it an EA for us all to use. Anyone else see this?? B
Hello, Is it possible to install Metatrader 4 one time, then to use it with two or more demo accounts from two or more brokers. I dont want use two demo accounts from two brokers in the same time. I want to : Open MetaTrader 4 with the demo account from the broker A, use it, then close MetaTrader 4....
  CCI Trend/Direction Indicator  (50   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi, Anybody can direct to or post CCI basedindicator that shows up or down trend/direction in any form. See image attached. Thanks, euro pean
  Please help me..  (1)
Can anyone give me a clue what is refined elliott trade??
Anyone knows about Refined Elliott Trend?? I don't know how it works. I really dont have any idea about it
  Scripts Only  (5)
I have yet to see a script sharing thread. If there is one let me know. With all the indicators and EA's runing around I still beleive scripts have there place and own advantages. Scripts can give a edge of a few pips here and there so take a minute and share a few. I hope we can start with some...
why does this happen annd what does it mean, and how can i fix the problem?
  Control Points  (1)
Halo, can somebody write me how can i test EA`s forward & modeling by control points. THX 4 helping inwestorthc
Now, I know the truth hurts, but face up to it. Would you put your Mercedes on cruise control, put the seat back, and grab some snooze while going 100 kph down the Autobahn? Oh you would, eh? Figures. See, EA's are for lame slackerz who are to lazy to study and learn price action. They...
  Mql font size in help  (14   1 2)
Howdy, So when writing an object label or data, we have to specify the font. Other than Arial, are there any others MT4 will support? Thanks Mark
CAn anyone tell me why after loading 10 meta-trader platforms, the 11th platform doesn't work anymore. It wither freezes or "no connection". Something to do with bandwidth? Or perhaps that is the limit the Brokers set out... Thanks in advance
I don't know what happened, but suddenly it's nearly impossible to develop code under MT4, unless one has infinite patience. Why aren't indicators being reloaded and reinitialized when recompiled after being deinitialized due to an error? The only workaround seems to be to delete and re-add the...
When I run the tester in visual mode, the bar dissapears right after finishing it, only the close price stays on the chart. Is it on purpose, or an error?
Hi, Can you run MT4 on Windows Server 2003? If you can, does this give you any performance advantages over Windows XP Pro? Many thanks, Luke Sullivan
does anyone have a referral email address, or know anything about the details to this ******************.com site that I've been hearing things about?
  Integer portion  (2)
Hi everyone, codersguru, First post here. I am new to MQL4 but have a few years experience in VB, C# and some C++. I am trying to do a calculation that operates on the integer portion of a value. my line of code is : diff = anch - (int(anch/incr) * incr); but the compiler is complaining that I have...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006 "The Championship Report: Second Week" (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/49/) has been published. It gives brief results of the second competition week. The top three expert advisors have been fully replaced by others, leader of the...
  PriceOnDropped()  (2)
Hello, Has anyone been able to get the PriceOnDropped or TimeOnDropped function working? In my code, based on the code in the manual, I'm only able to return a zero value from each function. Thanks Matt
Hi can someone please tell me when is the best Trading Analysis Magazine? Thanks. QS.
  Simple V2  (2)
Guys, does anyone have this system (Simple V2)? Thank you in advance
I wish to have orders with default number of pips away from current price for limit/stop price, take profit, stop loss so i dont need to input every time. Is there anyway to do this? thanks much.
Does anybody have a good Trading System or good indicators for trading GBP/JPY very successfully (maybe on M15-M30 charts)? I hope someone to share his secrets
I have an EA that places buys and sells both, sometimes both types will exist together at the same time. Instead of manually counting both profits, I am trying to post a comment that shows each individual totals. Here is sample code I am using. I know it's not right, so maybe someone could assist...
[Deleted]
  Expert signals from a server  (11   1 2)
Hi Everyone, Could anyone tell me if I have developed an expert and want to share its signals with other people is there a way they can "connect" to my expert with me sending the .ex4 ? or can I in someway automatically send the trades to their MT4 terminal ? Does the DataCenter help with this ?...
I'm developping a EA based on Starc Bands and Hurst-StDev Bands, here is the back-testing results of 2006/10/13. I need a filter of Starc Bands and Hurst-StDev Bands, Anyone has good idea or indicator, Please PM or Send me, I think it will be it'll be profitable for us. H&S EA works on any time...