General - page 1797

How do you go about using price to determine when to enter or exit positions? I can use indicators all day long but my system requires price based entry in certian conditions. . . . Here is waht I need to do... extern bool Stepper =false; extern bool OpenBuy =false; extern int...
Hi, I've been using Alpari account to trade and to read news especially currency news. However, I just got the non-English display last week and it also happened in another friend of mine (who has exactly the same setup as me). I'm using the latest version of MT4 built 200, IBM Thinkpat notebook...
look where thes Indicators
Hi, what's the best MA Cross Indicator with Alerts? by best, I mean reliable. I just need it for 2 MAs crossing. Also are there any MA cross indicator w/Alerts that let you specify the type (SMA, EMA, etc.) of each MA?
  RapidRSI  (2)
About RapidRSI
hi,all I'd like to know how to define a static var in MT3.86 please mail to liy@dhc.com.cn thx sorry for my English
Slawa, I am having problem connecting to Live Update Server after I get live update window and click on start. I get message "no connection" However, I was able to update MetaTrader demo account but Interbank demo or real accounts would not connect. How can I update. Interbank told me that the...
Why is auto-update still not working? The forums are full of people complaining about "no connection" errors. Will this be fixed soon?
First, let me say I'm very new to this. I know what the leverage is, I've read different things on the subject, but decided I wanted to see how it works for my self, risk vs reward and what not. I opened a couple different demo accounts with North Finance at different leverages, the standard 1:100...
has anyone compiled a chart that shows the best SL, TP or TS for pairs? i am a newbie, and i think chart like this would be usefull for any system.. does anyone made one? or can we all collect it from the pro and experince trader here..
  New EA  (1)
I found nice indicator, it's very well work on any TF. Can somebody make EA from him.
I am looking for an indicator that would show three ma crosses. I know there are a bunch of ea's, but i just need an indicator. For example, the slowest ma would be plotted on the graph, the fast and middle ones cross will be shown as a dot, and than when they cross the slowest on it would show as...
Would anyone here be interested in setting up a server to run our EA's on ? I thought that it might be nice to have a server that we could all access to foward test our EA's too. It would also be cool to set up a "HomePage" with a spreadsheet that ranks all of the testing EA's this way we do not
  Start capital for my forex project  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
can somebody give me 5,000 USD?
Hello everybody, I am a new member here and Iam asking for your help, I need the Indicator known with scott jones indicator I dont know if this is its real name but here is an attached picture for this indicator, if anyone has it or knows where can i find it please tell me and I will be very...
Does anyone have or does anyone know how to code the following.... I need an indicator that lets me know what markets are open and when they are overlapping See attached picture.....
If I run the following code I get various results. These functions return the y co-ordinates of the main chart with no sub indicator windows, so if there is one or more indicator window(s) open then these functions return erroneous results. Also with version 199 & 200 if the period is changed the...
As an indicator of overbuying/overselling Commodity Channel Index usually varies in the range of ±100. Values above +100 inform about overbuying state (and about a probability of correcting decay), and the values below 100 inform about the overselling state (and about a probability of correcting...
I run a lot of instances of MT4 on my old notebook from various brokers and recently I've noticed that they seem to be constantly chewing up more and more of my precious memory. I have 2GB of memory on the machine and after leaving the MT4's running for over 24 hours, then my memory consumption...
Hi slawa, I have two adjacent time interval : [t1,t2] and [t2,t3] (for sample september and october) Backtest result on [t1,t2] = A Backtest result on [t2,t3] = B Backtest result on [t1,t3] = C All with 90% quality. The problem is that A+B != C, and not a little difference : a huge difference ! In...
There is detail symbols description in the "symbols" popup window in "Market Watch" window, and the list is organize in tree view , when a broker provide too manny symbols, it should be more clear to user, so , I think it will be fine to add an entry for the "symbols" window in the menu "view"
  RSI indicator  (3)
hi guys, i want to add 5ema, 8ema and 13 ema on RSI indicator window. Can anybody help me please?
Hi all, My plan is, I want to forward test with any EA for 1 month, the question is, can I restart of my pc? while running EA? Should I keep my computer life for 1 month? to forward test of EA? Thank You in advance
  Fractal ZigZag  (9)
It also seems good but I'm not able to test with 90%
  MagicRSI  (79   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
This EA seems to go well but I like to implement a trailing stop. Is there anybody who can place a trailing stop in this EA? tanks
[Deleted]
Hi guys. Does the MT4 Strategy tester take the spread into account when it trades? I.e. if I show a trade that won $20.00 on an pair with a 2 pip spread, in real life would it have won $0.00? Thanks. Daniel
Can anybody updae us on current progress? Is it gonna work on just Windows Mobile or on Symbian too? Also can somebody post current list of PDA's that can run MetaTrader. I am sure it can help some people that are not familliar with the subject. cheers
Hi Guys, can someone please point out what am I doing wrong here //////////// Logic for determinate Momentum Break \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ P = (LastHigh + LastLow + Close) / 3; // Logic for determinating pivot B1 = P + 20*Point; // Logic to determinate Buy Area (Can be change as you analize) J1 = P -
  EA idea
I'm looking for a EA that can open a pending position at a specific price. Lets say if the price is now 1.500. But I want to open a sell position at 1.525 when the price has reched 1.535. You can do it manually only when the price has reached 1.535 not before. It would be wonderful if there are...