General - page 1799

[Deleted]
in mql4 script, how does one anchor an object on the right side of the screen? by anchor i mean that it will stay in teh same place no matter how you scroll,
Hi I have built EA's and usually utilize a parabolic for trailing but a new EA I have requires 'instant response' trailing. I cant seem to get my head around it and every attempt has failed. Best I can do results in only one calculation per one minute candle and for example if it were a BUY then the
  Brokers list  (3)
Hello, Can you publish on your web page list of brokers with MT platform? In your news page you writen that you have 100 brokers with mt plaform, but when i use google i find very small procent of them. I mean that this can help a lot of people, you have great platform but finding good trading...
Dear Boaders, Does anyone have any idea how to code the EA to access to Excel file to stop trading during news time. Something like DDE . My idea is to access news time from an excel file for all the news time.
Here is the result of a test of my first Expert Advisor, which runs on the EUR/USD hourly chart. This EA takes only one trade at a time, and for this test, the trade size was fixed at 3 mini lots per trade. This backtest spans less than two years, from January 3, 2005 to November 14, 2006. A total...
  Tester in MT4 Build 200  (35   1 2 3 4)
I ran two tests. One with build 198 with and Alpari Data. The other with build 200. Dates 2005/01/03 thru 2006/09/30. GBP/USD Both results with 90% quality. Results are posted below. Alpari data first.
  MultipleCloseBy  (2)
Hello ! Is the function MultipleCloseBy() accessible from an EA ? I do not see it anywhere. Thanks for your answer, Michel
When will MT4 take advantage of the new Core Duo chips?
Would you link where can I download M1 data history from, and it must be from real server not from demo, so I can guarantee very good model-quality. It must be at least from 2003 up to today. I know one option http://www.metatrader.info/node/67 , but download-file is yet removed, look at it. Please...
New MetaTrader 4 build 200 has been released. What’s new: 1. Removed Multilanguage Pack, the distributive size decreased to 3 MByte; 2. Added feature to manage bookmarks of charts bar; 3. Tester: Reduced limitations on the amount of passes in genetic optimization (minimum 200 passes); 4. Tester...
HI Guys , I wonder if someone can please explain what does this code mean... /---- for(i = limit; i >= 0; i--) { if(High > LastHigh) LastHigh = High; //---- if(Low < LastLow) LastLow=Low; if(TimeDay(Time) != TimeDay(Time)) { Print(DoubleToStr(Close, Digits)); Print(DoubleToStr(High[0], Digits));...
  Phorex Phreak System #2  (32   1 2 3 4)
hey guys, dont know if this idea has been brought up but i've seen somebody else use a variation of this with a lot of success, i was up late until 5 in the morning thinking about this and maybe someone can help me code it, its pretty simple to code by the sounds of it, it works best on RANGE bound...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the recent news has been published: "One Server Outage" (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/73/). One of the servers, on which the client terminals and Expert Advisors of the Championship Participants are working, failed last Saturday....
Folks, Is it possible to create candlestick like chart in the seperate indicator window? I want to draw candlestick price in a seperate indicator window for a currency. Thanks, Kash
  EA question  (1)
Hi all ! I have a quite simple question (I think...) Suppose I have a EA that opens several trades - all with sepecific TP. Now, I want that this EA will close all the other open trades, once one of the open trades will hit it's TP. I want that this will happend also if the EA was stopped from some...
Hi guys, I was wondering how can we make an EA based onthe pivot points or murray math, support and resistance or trendline indicators...I mean how can we define the price at the support and resistancein the EA.... Thanks
Can you have the same expert running on several different charts, with different external variables on each chart? thanks Nicholas
I'm thinking on a new system, but I need an appreciation indicator like the image attach anyone know where to find it? many thanks roger
  An Alert For Indicator??  (17   1 2)
Could someone make an alert for this indicator. Basically whenever an arrow, weather it's a buy or sell, comes up on the chart I would like it to sound an alert. Many thanks in advance!!! -Forexdude
I wonder if I can start 2 terminal sessions at the same time? i.e., one for demo, one for real. Since I know that this can be done using different windows login names, is it also possible to be done under one login name only?
Hello. For the moderator. The new software update seems to have caused a problem when "restore down" a window/chart. For example, if the window/chart is "maximized" (i.e. full size window - refering to the tabs at the top right corner) and then you "restore down" the window/chart (thus a smaller...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Sixth Week" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/71/). Six weeks of the competition are behind us now. The Automated Trading Championship 2006 is the half way through. There are continuous...
  Reciprocal  (4)
I am not the greatest mathematician but I have some functions I am converting from easy language that use the reciprocal of a number to provide a multiplyer in another function. double method (int pwr) { double frac=0; frac=1/pwr; dootherstuffwith frac } However when I Print this the expression...
Hi Slawa, Can these be possible?: 1) "Lock" a chart. If an EA is on the chart and I "lock" the chart, then I cannot change the currency pair or the periodicity without "unlocking" first. Why? My EAs use unique magic# based on currency and periodicity. If I accidentally change chart, EA will...
  Plotting dots  (2)
I have an indicator that generates discrete values for each bar and I want to be able to plot them as rows of dots. The only options I can see in the SetIndexStyle method are DRAW_LINE and DRAW_SECTION, and I am passing STYLE_DOT as the 3rd argument. I want to draw discrete dots, not a dotted line....
Hi I've got this weird problem where I'll use my strategy tester to test a strategy with $100 and it will test all the way through the testing dates, and I'll have maybe 15 trades. But if I raise the start amount to 500 or 1000, then the tester stops making trades halfway into the test, and I only...
I was wondering, how do you think "the perfect trader" should be like? What qualities, what atitude you think a "perfect trader" would have? In other words, what type of man you'll have to be in order to have the most chances as a trader?
Is it possible to make an indicator wich send a new post in forum at every new trade? It has to indicate, time, enter price, eventually stop & profit levels etc.. Thank you
[Deleted]
The newest version of Metaquotes has not made an official release yet, but it is still available. One of the new features is the ability to download history in the terminal. Click "Tools", "History Center", click a currency pair, double click M1, "Download". The data starts 1999.01.04 and should be...