Scratch My Back I Scratch Yours

i REALLY NEED HELP.

i am looking for any indicator that is similar to the silvertrend indicator.

i need an indicator that has two lines, tha cross each other and depending on which one is above which it indicates which way the trend is.

but the indicator has to be :

1) on the price. not in seperate window

2) doesnt repaint.

OR

i need an indicator that will add the price to a seperate window. so its like having bars in a seperate indicator window BUT they have to show the close on each bar.

the reason i want this, is because i have similar indicators to silvertrend but they are in seperate window and they dont repaint.

IF SOMEONE HELPS ME AND I FIND WHAT I NEED I SHALL SHARE MY SYSTEM

While there may be a remote chance that there is a indicator as you wish, the truth is 98 - 99 percent of the indicators do repaint, which makes it very difficult to create a reliable EA. You will probably find that you have to use several indicators to confirm each other before you enter a position. The last 3 bars of the price is where most of the decision making will take place. Have fun in the process!

Dave

<<<

98-99% of indicators repaint?

To help a new forex person out, I have a large amount of indicators in a zip file - Takes up about 20 megabites. If your email can handle it, send me your email address and I will email the .zip file - Worth While! My email is ddiebold7@aol.com

Dave

<<<

nikolaou:
98-99% of indicators repaint?

Yes they do - Most dynamically change as new price data is added to the indicator.

Not true, most indicators actually don't repaint.

An indicator changing it's CURRENT signal during candle formation is not repainting.

An indicator changing it's historical signals (i.e. several bars ago) is what is known as repainting.

Dave137:
While there may be a remote chance that there is a indicator as you wish, the truth is 98 - 99 percent of the indicators do repaint, which makes it very difficult to create a reliable EA. You will probably find that you have to use several indicators to confirm each other before you enter a position. The last 3 bars of the price is where most of the decision making will take place. Have fun in the process!

Dave

<<<

What your refering too is not repainting if its on the current bar. If your looking a 1 hour bar then the current bar is not completed for that hour and can trigger a signal back and forth. On a 1 Minute bar then this occures just for that 1 minute time frame. You must create your indicators with that in mind. That is use the signal when the bar is closed.

If it repaints more then the last bar, then you will not be able to use that indicator in live trading and be successful.

Keit

forexmoments:
Not true, most indicators actually don't repaint.

An indicator changing it's CURRENT signal during candle formation is not repainting.

An indicator changing it's historical signals (i.e. several bars ago) is what is known as repainting.

This is the exact definition of repainting.

FerruFx

- Why we need indicators which are painting the past? Read this post and this one. How to trade "painting-the-past" indicators: live trading example with SHI_SilverTrendsig (trades and images): since page #2 till page #4.

- re-painting indicators: evaluation and fixing thread.

- SnapShotI indicator: this indicator makes screen shots of active chart at regular intervals. By default, one tick after beginning of a new bar. Some evaluation of some indicators using SnapShotI indicator is on this post.

Reason: