HELP with price REQUOTE...there is something to do ?

Hello my name is Alex Markov,

i am developing an EA witch price precision is somewhat important...It is NOT quite a scalper since i am holding position usually for 4 -

8 minutes... BUT in my strategy the opening trade price is crucial . Therefore i did notice that often(very often) when i enter a position based on some parameter of my strategy, the EA actually enter like 10 market POINTS off what i wanted him to enter. Now, i am conscient that the delay between me and the broker can cause some pricing requote...

But my question, is there any way to enter a position with an ea IF the price since the execution of the command did not move more than "x" of the ACTUAL bid or ask price...Or maybe a way to control the "deny" or "accept" REQUOTE by any means ... Please help me...

Thanks you very much.

Alex.

dutch45612@hotmail.com

dutch45612 :

Hello my name is Alex Markov,

i am developing an EA witch price precision is somewhat important...It is NOT quite a scalper since i am holding position usually for 4 -

8 minutes... BUT in my strategy the opening trade price is crucial . Therefore i did notice that often(very often) when i enter a position based on some parameter of my strategy, the EA actually enter like 10 market POINTS off what i wanted him to enter. Now, i am conscient that the delay between me and the broker can cause some pricing requote...

But my question, is there any way to enter a position with an ea IF the price since the execution of the command did not move more than "x" of the ACTUAL bid or ask price...Or maybe a way to control the "deny" or "accept" REQUOTE by any means ... Please help me...

Thanks you very much.

Alex.

dutch45612@hotmail.com

Hi,

You can control the amount of slippage allowed on an order using the parameters in the Order() function. If you get a requote you could decide whether to re-submit the order or alternatively cancel it if the current Bid/Ask is out of the defined range. When the initial signal in generated you would simply store the entry price as a variable and then refer back to it in your order handling code. Make sense?

Reason: