General - page 1708

Hi. I am trying to build an array in my EA, and I want to build it using variables. For example: int var1=1,var2=2,var3=3; int array[2] = {var1,var2,var3}; I believe that MQL4 starts its arrays with array[0], so it needs to be array[2] to define an array that has 3 values. The above example...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Alexander Pozdnishev (AlexSilver) (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/213) has been published. Alexander Pozdnishev better known as AlexSilver has large experience in working on financial markets. He fully participates...
Does anyone know of an EA that will move the stop after each candle formation ? I would like to have my stop moved to the low of the previous candle in a short position and to the high of the previous candle in a long position.
Hi, can someone tell me how many bars (or levels) does the attached indicator repaint?
Hi I search the code to receive each day by email the statement thank you erik
1. When using the Visual Mode in the Strategy Tester and playback speed set at max, my EA actual playback speed is very slow. Please advise what EA functions or programming techniques that are known that may have significant effect on playback speed. 2. During playback in Visual Mode, I can click...
hi i need this indicators but the bar not change thank you
How to close orders at defined time/hour(Every Friday at 22:00) indipendantly from EA strategy and prevent open orders till Monday 00:00 ? I use Metaquotes Moving Average Sample EA as base EA so if somebody can help please add code to this EA. Thank you in advance...
It is not clear to me if an EA can take signals on a timeframe in wich is not installed. Lets say i choose EA to be placed at 1H TF, but EA codding will take signals from 1H and 4H bars in same pair. Is this possible or is it against rules? Carllos
My ea changes the envelope ma of the indicator and the deviation of the envelope indicator for calculation purposes. Is there a way for the ea to adjust the indicator settings on the graph automatically versus me having to manually change the settings to match the changes in the ea???? Dave
I need the code for the stock moving average that comes with the trade platform - Can anyone provide this?? Dave
[Deleted]
Hi All I would like to sugest a couple of coding practises which may change the professionalism of the EAs being delivered. There are many good reasons for doing this, but the main one being that the people who may be able to make the best improvements to the EAs and therefore make them more...
Hello, I upgraded my RAM from 512MB to 1GB, but the time to comeplete a backtest did not change. Should the time to complete a backtest change due to upgrading RAM? Or, do I have to change some windows settings to speed up time taken to complete a backtest? Thanks in advance. Kind regards Rod
  Need Help To Edit This Great EA  (83   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Hi, I know there are a lot of EA's master here. My EA cannot run the Trailing Stop, if, Trailing Stop > Breakeven..? Somebody help me please, to activate the Trailing Stop eventhough Trailing Stop is bigger than Breakeven.... Thx a lot. NB: This EA got it's best on GBPUSD, H1.
  Beginner  (5)
Hello everyone, I am very new to this and very interested. I have a friend at work who has been trading a little for the past year.I have got some insight from him.I have been reading up on all this for about 4 months. I was wanting to know what would be your guys top advice at what I really need...
  Sharing method of trading  (13   1 2)
Hi all, Im going to share my method of trading Here goes First i place my moving average indicators on my gbpusd chart Then i see if the daily chart is downtrend or up trend in this case its downtrend Then i goto my 4hr chart and only trade when the 4 hr chart is in a down trend as well the way i...
Hello. I am looking for someone with experience writing programs to do strategy testing of EAs outside of metatrader, and I figured that the best way to find them would be to find the authors of any programs that can do strategy testing outside of metatrader. So, has anyone seen a program that can...
in all tutorials about strategy tester people say to not connect to server. but even after download custom data, import in history, converting with period converter i can't test untill i connect to server. in other words i can't use my custom data. how can i force metatrader to find the data that i...
Anyone have an idea for this problem and why it happens and how to fix it? I right click on my chart to pull up the INDICATOR LIST for the indicators that are on the charts. When I do, the platform locks up and I can not do anything. Have to use the TASK MANAGER to even shut it down. I can get the...
Hi All I was hopeing somebody could code this indicator. I tried metatrader tools but it seems he cant do it as he never got back to me. Its a larry williams indicator. Its like a bollinger band but different. Top band: MovingAvg(close,3)+1*(movingStdDev(close,3)+AvgTrueRange(3))/2 Bottom band:...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I'm looking for simple indi that will show me text on the chart with the angle of the trend according to X bars/hours i choose. i think this can be made with MA if i'm not wrong or if you got better idea i'm always interested to hear. anyone know such indi? Thanks -M-
  soybean !!!  (25   1 2 3)
as it look's to me,there is an opportunity .the past month was one big correction (zig-zag). and in the chart atached we can see that w:4 ended in 16.8.07 at 789 points. and the up move is the beginning of w:1 of 5 so,we can assume that the bullish market is on !! only a break bellow 789 will...
When using 'Ordersend' to place orders, MT will often when opening for example, order #231, open #231 then immediately open order #232, reporting this ticket number to the calling subroutine. Note that while order #231 is visible in the 'Results' window, it is not displayed on the chart if in...
I got this spam email and I don't have an account with NF, notice the site is not for NF but the name is very close to foo trader, please be careful Note the links at end of the email are real but in the middle is the link for the scam site don't click the links of the scam site they will try to...
Hi, I'm currently working on an Expert Advisor. But my code is verry sloooow so i don't want metatrader from updating every tick from server. I want it to read every 30 seconds. I have put this line but whenever metatrader updates its data it automatically refreshes screen data.. Metatrader is...
Hello, I've just this idea when I see this thread Here's a system based on SAR color bar on Timeframe H4 I join my mq4 and a little backtest Do you want to test it ? Michel
I have a question about Trading terms, point 4: "The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0.1 lot for each order." My question is: - How many trades of 5 lots can i open (if my account allow it) ? - What does it mean "step of 0.1 lot for each order" ? Is it...
my xp is simplified chinese version. and mt4 can 't display russian language normally , could anyone help me ? thank you.