General - page 1705

New MetaTrader 4 Mobile SE build 212 is released. In new version the terminal freezing at the attempt to register a demo account is fixed. Downloads: http://files.metatrader4.com/mt4mobilesetup.se.exe - Windows Installer for MetaTrader 4 Mobile SE; http://www.metaquotes.net/files/mt4mobilesetup...
Hello, I want to add a filter in an EA that if it signals, to check the High/Low of the candle against the spread and if the candle is smaller than the currency spread then pass on the trade. The code below probably is wrong so if some knows what I'm talking about can you please give me the correct
  DLL issues  (1)
I realize there are quite a few posts regarding importing dll's and 250 characters)" class="linkator"error 126, but I am hoping someone has some input on this. I have created a DLL and am having an error 126 problem. I am calling some functions in my DLL from another DLL. I have made sure all the...
  request x Slowa  (3)
Hi Slowa I have a question for you. I know in offline mode I can create charts with different timeframes (360 min for exemple) from 1 min bars. how can i create and use these timeframes in the online mode, to use my strategies not with the standard timeframes? Thank you
This thread is for posts related with "I WANT A FOREX JOB". I want to work for a forex broker..., I want to move to work to London Financial district..., I have an Economics degree and I'm looking for..., I heave been financial analyst during last 20 years..., I was portfolio manager from XYZ...
A working expert advisor based on the Volatility Quality Index. Volatility Quality EA
MetaQuotes Software Corp. announces placing a downloadable version of Sergey Kovalyov’s book Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4 on the website of MQL4.community. The book is published in the Windows Help File (CHM) format, and it can be downloaded to be studied offline. As its title suggests,...
My entry technique: I intend to enter long or short when the current price bar closes above or below a Donchian Channel (50 day market high or low) ...... double DonchianLowerEntry = iCustom(NULL,0,"DonchianChannel2",2400,3,-2,0,100,0,0); // Entry for Lower Donchian Channel - 50 days,...
Hello, everyone Thanks for the great forum! I am from Ar. USA and new to forex I have been doing alot of reading and Trading demo accounts and think it is time to open a live account. I am looking at FXCM and Interbankfx as my broker, but I am not sure which one to use. I know that I have alot more...
  Crude Oil Prices  (8)
Here is another very interesting article i found on crude. Crude Oil Prices
Big New Shock at the Pump Forecast by Two Analysts By DAN DORFMAN, Special to the Sun | April 28, 2008 Get ready for another economic shock of major proportions — a virtual doubling of prices at the gas pump to as much as $10 a gallon That’s the message from a couple of analytical energy industry...
Hi all! Is there a 1-2-3 pattern recognizer expert advisor for MT4? I mean the .mq4 file, since I would like to start from there and add my changes... Many thanks in advance.
Forex scam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Quote: "If 15% of daytraders are profitable, I'd be suprized" Drew Niv, CEO of FXCM.
In the alert editor window I have 5 pull down options: Symbol, Condition, Sound, Timeout, max iterations. All the pull downs give me options to select. However, the "Sound" pulldown is blank. There are no options in the pulldown. Could you advise if I am missing a setting that blocks the...
My entry technique: I intend to enter long or short when the current price bar closes above or below a Donchian Channel (50 day market high or low) ...... double DonchianLowerEntry = iCustom(NULL,0,"DonchianChannel2",2400,3,-2,0,100,0,0); // Entry for Lower Donchian Channel - 50 days, 2400 double
  New member  (1)
Hi fellow members, I am new to this forum site and wish to learn more to improve my forex trading . I started forex trading more than 6 months ago on a full lot account and have not being successful and now switch to trading the mini account until I can be profitable before switching back to trading
  MT4 screen capture  (16   1 2)
Here's a small tool I just coded for my personal use. I didn't reinvented the wheel. It may exist already in some other versions. It saves a screen shot of your current chart in the /experts/files/ folder every starting bar. Example on a 1hr chart, a pic will be saved every hour. Copy it in the...
For the people who did not have time to follow many threads. So, something new for this week in public and elite section (just for this week ony - next week will be the other week): - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178661 and, just to compare - many other versions https://www.mql5...
Anyone please help, Issue: My expert doesn't automate the trading. Observation: I have run my expert on strategy tester and it ran fine and showed open/close trades even until the current dates. However, I have been running my expert on my live account chart for few weeks and it didn't open any...
By "visualizer" I mean the visual mode playback of an EA backtest. I just wanted to make a quick ask for increased usability in the visualizer in the MT5 client...like I would love to seen a finer granularity of control on the playback so that I could slow down more precisely at critical times in...
I have a question about using Expert Advisors at FX Pro. FX Pro has 5 digits after the comma, this causes the hat the Metatrader displays f. i. 2 pips, like you have only 4 or less dgits. Instead it displays 20 pips. Ao my question is, does this influence the Expert Advisors in the wrong way? Is...
  Free News Trading Room  (53   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hey All, If I host a Free news Trading Room, Who would want to join? Post here or shoot me a PM or e-mail. Im just thinking about it but i was just looking to see who would interested. thanks & take care, Bear-
Dear Metaquotes Team, I would like to extend MT4 Mobile platform with a custom indicator. Can you please give me instructions on how to write a plugin to add a new indicator or replace one of the built-in indicators with one of mine? Perhaps you have an interface for this or can provide an entry...
I am a newbie and shall be very much thankful if someone advise me how to save the custom indicator properties changed by me. I use a set of custom indicators on different currencies and like changing the line width to 4 or 5 for better visibility but as soon as i switch the chart to different time...
[Deleted]
Need for help from good Coder to do it
Hi there, Time in the market watch window is displayed in the format hh:mm How does on get the time in the Market Watch window to display as hh:mm:ss Regards, Laurence.