General - page 1705

Dear Metaquotes Team, I would like to extend MT4 Mobile platform with a custom indicator. Can you please give me instructions on how to write a plugin to add a new indicator or replace one of the built-in indicators with one of mine? Perhaps you have an interface for this or can provide an entry...
I am a newbie and shall be very much thankful if someone advise me how to save the custom indicator properties changed by me. I use a set of custom indicators on different currencies and like changing the line width to 4 or 5 for better visibility but as soon as i switch the chart to different time...
[Deleted]
Need for help from good Coder to do it
Hi there, Time in the market watch window is displayed in the format hh:mm How does on get the time in the Market Watch window to display as hh:mm:ss Regards, Laurence.
Hi I opened this thread to write my analysis on majors before news release time specially before A class news.You can find some trade positions and set up your order before the news release time at your risk.And I explained the market moves and targets around that time.All analysis will be valid...
  Hi  (4)
I was searching for an average daily range calculator on yahoo when I stumbled on this great site. Quite a nice initiative for Metatrader user's Advantage. I hope you EA gurus are always ready to help See ya!
[Deleted]
  StoIK EA - Stoch\I-Trend  (19   1 2)
Hi all! After a little research on coding and starting from some others EA, i created one based on Stochastic and I-Trend cross. It Buy/Sell : when stochastic and I-Trend are positiv or negativ - I-trend level filter available. It close position: at next stochastic cross
I'm new to Forex trading . . . and really enjoying myself. I've got ZeroCode and am trying to fathom how to code logics. Is there a newbie guide anywhere? I keep getting "An exception occurred: Input string was not in a correct format." Thanks. ElfN
[Deleted]
I've found an old topic that mentions the same problem as mine - multiple timeframe indicator works correctly when put on a chart but in backtest it gives wrong values. I've checked the indicator values on a live chart and they are correct - indicator works fine. However, when I Print() indicator...
  EuroBlaster LOL  (88   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Could some one please run this EA through some tick data I have been playing around with various codes and indicators on this forum and others. and managed to get it to work. I freely admit I can't code very well so I have Copied the codes. If I have offended anyone I apologize. I have started...
First, I'm not sure what the thought about these kind of threads are so if it's frowned upon just delete it or say so and I will. Basically I just got done reading Tim Ferris's "Four Hour Work Week" and I loved it. It's basically all about a mobile lifestyle and I really like to apply his...
  WSS_Pyramid  (25   1 2 3)
Hi, in attach the WSS_Pyramid EA with a little modify (see winning-solution web site for details). This version not have a buy bias (as original WSS_Pyramid) but open new type order in according with trend. So if the last gain order is a buy order the new one is a buy again: if the last it's a sell...
I am looking for log files that usually reside (in Windows XP anyway) in the "c:\program files\metatrader 4\logs" directory on a computer running Windows Vista. In XP, I see a log file in this directory for each day that MT4 was opened, but in Vista I only see one old file from the initial...
Hey just figured I'd post here with my first foray into live trading. I am very novice and am training mostly just with HAMA PAD indicators. I'm also trying to learn how to trade the news on this live account. Now everyone says you should practice with a demo until you hit live. But everyone also...
Hi Traders To control risk One of the most important jobs as a day trader is to control your risk exposure. Sure, controlling risk is a concept you must use in any type of trading, however in day trading you must look at this issue from a different angle. Since your job is to capture various...
Hi to everyone in the forum, I'm a complete novice to Forex Trading so any first hand advice would be most appreciated. I'm a little turned around at this point with all the choices to be made with regards to software, brokers, courses, forums. It seems everywhere you turn for research or advice
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm programming mql for about an 1year and now i've seen for the first time a problem that i don't know how to solve whitch i think it's a metatrader problem, bug or whatever you want to call it. The problem is: I have an indicator which i coded which i tested with the tester and also...
  The London Open  (1888   1 2 3 4 5 ... 188 189)
Good morning I trust you are all well,,, I have decided to move charting packages recently to MT4 and i have to say what a package. I only use a Demo account here at the moment, as i trade elsewhere, but it is free and its worth a sneeky look. You can overlap longer term MA's and CCI's on...
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way that an expert load by himself new *.set files from a external source (ftp, internet). Since I need to load new *.set files each day, I also need the EA to be able to see if the *.set files is the correct one or not before loading it. Is this possible ?...
  Malcik's Journal  (5)
Hi all, I've been a member of this forum for some time now. However, it's been long since I stopped visiting because (1) I figured that daytrading e-mini futures contracts suits me better than daytrading Forex and (2) because I finally understood that the way that 99% of people on this and similar
  Need help !  (17   1 2)
Hi friends, I have got this problem. After loading the forex expert advisor and let it running for 24 to 36 hours, I feel like the computer is half dead. When I start the expert advisor, it runs realy good for 12-13 hours and then it starts dying down. Can anybody please guide me as how to fix this...
Hello friends, well, I should be tell all thanks for your forum this is very good, and I only speak english very little but I like this lenguage and I wish speak it very good.. And I am looking for exe file (MTReport4-1.8) or latest preferred.. Does anyone have it or can direct me to where I can get...
Hi, I am planning to buy HP 6515 which has a square screen 240x240 resolution. Does anybody know if MT4 mobile will support this resolution? I heard that softwere without support cut 80 lines in the bottom of the screen and you cannot scroll down to access this area. Therfore MT4 mobile will be...
I have not seen this question asked anywhere, so I'll ask. I see alot of references to backtesting and uses of the strategy tester. My question is simple, if one downloads and EA, how do you set up the backtester and strategy tester? Does anyone have a link to how to set these up? Any help...
I came across a number of trading systems that are designed to achieve high returns in a very short period of time but with large maxDD too. There are some fund allocators with, in my opinion, very stupid mentality of selecting traders using these systems with the belief of allowing some of their...
[Deleted]
Hi - could anyone code an indicator which either paints the bar a different colour or shows an arrow if the bar closes within x% of high or low. eg: if bar closes in top 33% (top third) show up arrow or paint bar colour or if bar closes in bottom 33% (bottom third) show down arrow or paint bar...
Apart from "Pop-up Prices" and adjusting font sizes, dpi, and screen resolution in Windows, is there a way to increase the size of the font in the Market Watch view of MetaTrader 4? Any feedback is much appreciated.
Will Meta Trader ever be upgraded to include more than just FX? Share your thoughts, I would like to know what everyone thinks.