Installation Crashes

I am in the process of switching brokers. I previously installed MT4 for other brokers and those installations of MT4 run fine. When I attempt to install MT4 into a different directory for a new broker, the installation crashes.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 and have 4GB of RAM. I have tried to install MT4 directly from the broker's (Forex.com) website and under the guidance of their tech support team I have manually downloaded and installed the executable. The error message is the same either way.

When the executable is initiated the following occurs: 1) Language dialogue comes up, I click next, 2) "Welcome to the MetaTrader 4..." setup screen comes up, I click next, 3) EULA screen comes up, I check the box and click next, 4) Installation folder dialogue comes up, I change the directory to a unique name (or leave it the same-doesn't matter), and click next, 5) "Select a Program Group..." dialogue comes up and I click next, 6) "You are now ready to install..." comes up and I click next, 7) "Please wait...installation in progress" comes up and files apparently begin to load. "All files" progresses to about the 45% mark. The installation hangs on copying "C:\Program files\MetaTrader(specified directory name)\links\homepage.url" and a red "X" Error box pops up saying, "Cannot install file "C:\Program files\MetaTrader(specified directory name)\links\homepage.url" - only possible selection is "OK", I click it, 8) "Installation aborted. All installed components were removed via the rollback feature." dialogue appears. I click OK.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Reason: