EA-Lyly G. Catherine 339%profit,95%win rate,4.2%drawdown - page 9

Thanks for the great work

SolomonZhang:
I'm terribly sorry, I didn't take 5 digit brokers into consideration when developing Lyly. :P

Changing the TP, SL, and Spread (3 of them only) would make Lyly trades. Just load the SET file 1st then change 26 into 260. However...

It will trade using different scenario. So sometimes you'll have more trades than expected.

I'll put this 5 digit broker into consideration on the next version. Sorry for that.

Thank you all for defending me

Well, a new day. Hope Lyly could makes winner trades again.

Regards,

Soloman, thank you for the great EA. I know how much work it takes to create one and also to support one! I loaded it and have started a test to see how she performs. The backtests look great, so I hope it has learned how to walk forward.

Backtest from 2004 to 2009 is not impressive

Only profit $4464 in 5 years from $10000 capital

Maximum drawdown 17.77%

Files:
lily.jpg  91 kb

Totally Agree.....

ChicagoRob:
It's all about respect of other peoples' property. Every now and then,

you run into parasites and leeches. My thanks to the site administrator

for banning the jerk.

I've got my platform ready for another week with Lyly. Looking forward

to some nice wins.

Rob

I totally agree! Just because you CAN do something does NOT always mean that you should !

"Nikolaus":
The pair is EURGBP, M30
"prolog":
He explicitly specified that it's only for EURUSD M30

Now, this is the problem. I'm assuming that you have opened all necessary TF for that pair. EG is a ranging pair. Lyly is a trending EA. Of course Lyly will fail.

Please read the manual.

I've stated that Lyly is a trending EA and although I only tested it on EU, Lyly may be (don't know for sure) working for other trending pair.

EG is a ranging pair. Not suitable.

"prolog":
Backtest from 2004 to 2009 is not impressive

I've attached the 2004 to 2009 bactest on the package. And i've also explained why the result is somewhat mixed. If you test from 2007 to 2009 Lyly is performing well.

The definition of "well" might also be different from people to people. Lyly is not a get-rich-quick-EA. If you are searching for a 50% profit in a month with Lyly, it won't happen. Lyly is for those somewhat long-term players.

If you have found an EA that is performing well from 2004 to 2009 for EU please tell me. I'm interested to know. Heck, if possible I'm really interested in EA that is performing well from 1999 till 2009, if any. The above statement is not sarcastic, it's my genuine curiosity for the improvement of my account size So please, if you have found great EA on EU then please tell me.

In the mean time, Lyly is considered a good EA for current time (from 2007 till 2009) coz the forex market is dynamic and keep changing and we need to keep abreast with current situation.

Please read the manual for more explanation.

Regards,

"ElectricSavant":
I am very respectable...I will PM you my email...

I don't really like self-proclaim person for serious matter.

"Nikolaus":
I think that someone who has posted 3346 times must have some scruples.

I've been on the forum quite long to know that even a person could have 5,000 posts that contain only nonsense.

"ElectricSavant":
I would like to encourage you to share your work in the Rent A signal service here in tsd....this would fulfill your motives perfectly...You can help many traders without posting the MQ4 file for numerous anonymous takers...You would not even need to reveal your EX4 file ...then you do not need to worry about folks that decompile....It's just impossible to develop this EA further without the mq4 file...or to trade it live...so It's not that I do not understand you....

Thanks for the suggestion. I mostly linger on EA or trading system threads so I don't even notice that we have that on tsd. Thanks for the info.

Regards,

This EA as some potential, and anyone making assumptions based on backtests is ignorant. Backtesting is only good for ONE thing, proof of concept. Forward testing is the only way you'll get an idea of how the EA actually performs. I would put this EA on multiple currency pairs and see how it goes in forward testing. Even if it was only meant for Eur\Usd, try it on other pairs, you might be surprised.

"jturns23":
This EA as some potential, and anyone making assumptions based on backtests is ignorant. Backtesting is only good for ONE thing, proof of concept. Forward testing is the only way you'll get an idea of how the EA actually performs. I would put this EA on multiple currency pairs and see how it goes in forward testing. Even if it was only meant for Eur\Usd, try it on other pairs, you might be surprised.

Indeed.

However, please remember 3 things:

- Put Lyly only on M30

- MUST open all M30 to D1 TF for EACH AND EVERY pair

- Lyly is a trending EA, I think it's useless to forward test on ranging pair such as EurGbp or EurChf.

Regards,

SolomonZhang:

I've stated that Lyly is a trending EA and although I only tested it on EU, Lyly may be (don't know for sure) working for other trending pair.

EG is a ranging pair. Not suitable.

Thanks for correction bro.

Could you give me examples of ranging pairs apart from EURUSD?

SolomonZhang:

- Lyly is a trending EA, I think it's useless to forward test on ranging pair such as EurGbp or EurChf.

Regards,

How do we know if a pair is trending or not?

EUR/GBP W1 is shown to be trending

EUR/CHF Monthly

hmmmm

i want run this expert my real account is micro and my balance is 50$ how can seting for use 0.01lot for all position????

SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH

Reason: