General - page 1702

[Deleted]
hi, i'm Flavio...i'm new in this forum! excuse me for my bad english because i'm writing from italy. i hope you understand my request about expert advisor i'd like to create an expert advisor but i don't know metatrader language therefore i ask you if someone qualified can make it... this is idea:...
Hi traders, My first post, and I can say a awesome place to go for assistance and learning from others. Can someone code this indicator with a sound alert. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot..
  Trader456's trading ideas  (467   1 2 3 4 5 ... 46 47)
New working order: AUD/USD climbed after the U.S. Federal Reserve gave no indication when it will begin raising interest rates after leaving them unchanged yesterday. AUD/USD rose to the highest in more than two weeks and New Zealand's dollar gained a second day as traders pared bets the Fed will...
On the website of MQL4.community, we have published article "How to Become a Participant of Automated Trading Championship 2008?" that explains the process of registration - http://articles.mql4.com/667. The articles also describes infringements that may result in disqualification of Participants....
  Forex Market Barometer  (51   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hello Folks, I developed a "Market Barometer" indicator to help me with my manual trading systems. It measures 56 currency pairs in real-time to determine the "relative strength" of each individual currency. I thought it might help some of you with your trading. The indicator is a monster. It takes...
this indicator looks good, please share it..
I am looking for an indicator that will plot the (open - low)if the low is closest to the open....and the (high-open) if the high is closest to the open. I would also like to be able to plot a 10 period average of each of these..example: a 10 SMA of open -low...only open minus the low when the open...
Hi, Can somebody pls. explain why my Pivots lines are showing as compressed on the charts. This prob. has been happening off-late. Im' pretty sure it's not ind. problem, but a Mt4 issue. Thanks - stef
Everything was working fine, I was able to save statement.htm and detailestatement.htm. Then, I decided to change the folder and it quit working. It has never worked again. I looked into ...config/terminal.ini and the original path name is there. I change it to something simple, C:\, and that...
I've done some tests and found that the slippage parameter simply doesn't work -- any requote will cause the operation to fail even if the requote is well within the parameter's range. If this is a known issue, can support provide an estimate of the time a build that fixes this will be out? And...
Hello, What are the best time frames to use when trading forex options and which pairs are suitable for the best time frames? Which are the best forex options brokerages,with minimum tradable quantity and amount? earthy8
Hello friends, June21,08. I have read many posts and data on the time periods for entry/exit in forex trading,but would like to get a better picture of the exact time frames to trade in with pair specificity. i.e...on the standard mt4 platform,the times frames shown are:- M1,M5,M15,M30,H1,H4,D1,W1...
[Deleted]
  A CCI indicator  (1)
Hi! I am looking for a way to program an Indicator, not an expert. I am interested in the CCI. It should draw 10 little squares or diamonds of the current period and two periods around it. The CCI I am interested is in Period 14. It should appear in the lower left of the screen preferably and not in
I have been using the mql4 iSAR() function to produce SAR values. There appears to be a bug in this; on the first spot of a reversal (according to the graph) the API gives a value which indicates the trend has not reversed - it is only on the 2nd spot of the reversal that I am given a value...
If you are interested in MT4 API ....please PM me I may be of help with source files.
Last weekend at the G8 meeting in Japan, officials gave a rhetorical boost to the U.S. dollar, with both U.S. and French finance officials speaking out in favor of a stronger dollar. Recently, Bernanke had an epiphany, and linked the weak dollar to a rise in U.S. import inflation. All this buzz has...
Hi I'm newbie to forex, just started practicing on demo account, I live in india, platform shows timestamp in charts & order history & Open trades in Brokers time (US Time), is there any way in MT to configure to show all these (Chart, Order History, Open position) in my local time?. Your reply is...
Hi, Can anyone tell me what this means? I've successfully run my EA, but after I changed the values of my iMACD default settings to 5,21,5, this "Volume Limit 2055" error just started happening and no trades will take place!! MacdCurrent=iMACD(NULL,0,5,21,5,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0);...
Hello together, i am a new meta trader 4 user and mostly trading with free hand simple trend lines !!! I think to myself should i am opening a new account and i think i will do this by ALPARI UK in the next few days !!! But right here right now i am testing the demo version ... My easy silly...
  Trading Ranges  (4)
Greetings all. I'm fairly new to the Forex, and want to find somewhere a list (or simple way to see/calculate) the Average Daily Trading Range for any given pair. Something that covers a variety of time-frames would be great (like, the last 24 hours or the last 12 months). Anyone know of anything...
The optimization status is 113/10496 (1030301) genetic algorithm is ON It has been 19 hours 45 minutes so far (after this it says 1799 days) Exactly how much longer is this likely to take? I haven't used genetic algorithm before, I thought it was meant to speed up as it progresses
I was wondering if there is anyway to set up moving average alarms based on a certain time frame and once the alarm was triggered it would send an email and a text message. If you know of anything, please let me know. I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time and consideration, Mike
Hi there, 1. When one is writing their own init(), start() or deinit() function for an expert, script or indicator is there any significance in the return() value one uses? Does it really matter if one uses return(0) or say return (-1) in the context of how the MT4 terminal treats the return code of...
  My final year project  (12   1 2)
I'm a final year student of computer science i want my project area to be related to forex (Specifically Expert advisors). i;m really thinking of a suitalble topic can anybody suggest one for me? 'lf you have any idea pls drop it here or PM me thanks
  Great EA for free!!!  (16   1 2)
I found this amazing strategy on the board: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178366 (Explanation at comment #24 on the page) I am trading this strategy for a couple of weeks now and had many good trades. The Exit is also working fine for me. (no big losses until now!) I just finnished learning MQL and...
Van Tharp's free test: once you've done the test and read about your Type and your 'Trading Strengths/Challenges', you can also read the about the other 12 Types
Hi, I downloaded this Bogie-NN-V88 EA and configured to default settings mentioned in document. It opened a trade few hours after starting this EA, it bought USDEUR 2.5 Mini lot (250$ worth of investment), it was progressing with good profit showing 20 $, then power got shut down, I restarted MT...
I want to say hello to the forum.I come from germany and I wanted to looking in this forum threads. But my english is teribble.
Are there any "Take Profit" EAs that close a trade when a certain profit level is reached rather than when a pip value is reached? I would like to be able to set the EA to close open trades when a "target" dollar value profit is achieved. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Hi, If you shift a SMA of 100 periods half a cycle to the left (-50), you get a great picture, which other type of MA comes close to this curve? I've tested a lot of things already and it seems that a JMA comes the closest. What do you guys think?