ONE indicator needed to complete 400-700+ pips/week system - page 2

EA for Alert Candle

Al Mo:
Hi everyone,

I came across this thread - the idea seems pretty promising at a glance. I created this indicator, hoping this might assist you with your system. I haven't created an EA for this to confirm , but I suspect your right over the long haul of this being quite profitable.

for lack of a better name - this one is called 'Alert Candle'

Its nothing special - just measures where the close is in relation to the entire bar. One setting for the level (default is 0.5). Alerts Up/Down arrow depending on where it is.

**edit....sorry folks, somehow I missed what was specifically need re: the Higher High vs body position.....I am fixing the code and will repost

***edit 2 - corrected code

Hi,

Tested your "Alert Candle" indicator I am very impressed with it and think that there is a good potential can you do a EA that include a time filter so that it can be turn off at a selected time. Thank you. U can email me at wiiplay03-guard@yahoo.com.sg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Files:
sidus-v.2.mq4  5 kb

Fantastic Indicator

ilias00001:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hi 00001,

Thank you so much for sharing your indicator. Please tell us how to use it. ie entry & exit strategy, best time frame & currency pair. Can you also place and alert in the indicator so we won't miss any signal. Thanks again, great job.

noskool319:
Hello all.

I have a system I am working on. It involves reading candlesticks and fractals.

Heres how it works:

- Trade only H1 charts.

- Trades only last for 1 Hour. Close it whether its in profit or not.

- Trade only big movers (G/J & E/J) [For now]

- For LONG entries: The candle has a LOWER LOW than the previous candle, and the "body" closes in the UPPER HALF of the bar.

- For SHORT entries: The candle has a HIGHER HIGH than the previous candle, and the "body" closes in the LOWER of the bar.

- If the previous or current candle has a HIGHER HIGH and a LOWER LOW, no trade is taken.

Now the debacle here is this:

I do not look at every single candlestick and place trades using the above rules. I look for a fractal to appear on the close of that candle, then use the strategy stated above. The problem I ran into (and I didn't know this at the time) is Fractals repaint, disappear, and severely lag. And let me tell you, if this weren't the case, this system would net you 400-700+ pips a week. EASILY.

So my goal now is to find a better (non-lagging, non-repainting, or non-disappearing, or whatever you wanna call it) fractal indicator, or similar indicator.

Now that I know how fractals work, or at least I think I now know, that finding a non-lagging fractal indicator is near impossible. From what I understand, having it not lag, defeats the purpose.

So here Is my proposition to you my good folks:

Lets try to find and share an indicator we can use to replace this fractal indicator. If we can find one that doesn't lag, etc... Then this could be one of the best systems in history to hit this forum.

Attached is a screenshot of what your chart should look like (with the fractal indicators attached).

PS: Don't mean to confuse anyone with the colors of the text and lines on the pic. Some are blue some are green, it doesn't matter. I just forgot to keep the colors the same as the text and lines! lol

Hello,

I got one indicator on this site and its gives me more than 200 pips daily and the name is BykovTrend_Sig_byRENAAT.mq4

It's a non repaint indictor

Bykov Trend Signal indicator, SilverTrend_Signal, AltrTrend_Signal, Asctrend signal - they are almost same indicators. - this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172965

and this one (as an example):

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249

ummm ye, me too

IGUMZ:
Hello,

I got one indicator on this site and its gives me more than 200 pips daily and the name is BykovTrend_Sig_byRENAAT.mq4

It's a non repaint indictor

found it, its crap

Alert Candle

Hi everyone,

I came across this thread - the idea seems pretty promising at a glance. I created this indicator, hoping this might assist you with your system. I haven't created an EA for this to confirm , but I suspect your right over the long haul of this being quite profitable.

Its nothing special - just measures where the close is in relation to the entire bar. One setting for the level (default is 0.5). Alerts Up/Down arrow depending on where it is.

**edit....sorry folks, somehow I missed what was specifically need re: the Higher High vs body position.....I am fixing the code and will repost

***edit 3 - corrected Painting issue - new code 5/18/2011

*** edit 4 - added option to alter For loop ( allowing for indicator to work on current bar, with a warning that this WILL cause repainting should price reverse) To get this to work on current bar, make the loop = 0; added 5/19/2011

Files:

Al Mo:
Hi everyone,

***edit 3 - corrected Painting issue - new code 5/18/2011

*** edit 4 - added option to alter For loop ( allowing for indicator to work on current bar, with a warning that this WILL cause repainting should price reverse) To get this to work on current bar, make the loop = 0; added 5/19/2011

One necessary thing is missing ... and that is time factor. When does this indicator plants signals ? Have you included any time zone settings to it ... for what I know from watching it ... it plants arrows on its own mysterious time unmindful of the date change on Terminal's server. Can you please fix that ?

Reason: