I don't understand folders MT5 on Windows 7

In the terminal window, navigator, when I click on Expert Advisors, I see nothing. I right click and select 'Create'. I create a simple one, and compile it and it gets written to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts\.

However, I still don't see it in the navigator. Where is the navigator looking for Expert Advisors?

-Jerry

netconuk posted  :

In the terminal window, navigator, when I click on Expert Advisors, I see nothing. I right click and select 'Create'. I create a simple one, and compile it and it gets written to C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Experts\.

However, I still don't see it in the navigator. Where is the navigator looking for Expert Advisors?

-Jerry

Same happens to me (already reported it -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/560). Maybe a bug?

After further investigation I have a theory.

It's to do with the UAC on Windows 7. The security is such that, by default, you can't write data in the Program Files folder and below. Once I reduced the UAC to zero, everything worked OK. The recomendation seems to be that Windows 7 ratified software be made UAC aware, and all data should be held in the user area. 

-Jerry

Reason: