General - page 1668

With support from MetaQuotes Software Corp., the first textbook on programming in MQL4 is now ready. You can read the book from the website free of charge. The book is intended for high readership interested in developing of automated trading programs for MetaTrader 4 Clent Terminal. At the same...
In Trade tab I can see only a currency (i.e. $) result of trading. I need to see how many pips I am doing during the trade and than in the Trade History. Is it possible. Maybe there are some custom indicators that can do this for me? I'll appreciate any help or advise. Thanks! Greg
Hi, I'm trying to use an EA on offline chart (for example such as created by period_converter). They don't recive ticks which needs to use while() loop inside. However, after few minutes the offline charts shows "Waitnig for update" and is not updated anymore. I suspect it is a kind of deadlock,...
  OILFXPRO oil breakout system  (60   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hi Gals This strategy produced 1891 cents profit from 1/1/2007 to 16/2/2007 , for 50 trades ,with a drawdown of 200 cents,and average average profit per trade of 37.82 cents....................1750 cents net after spreads over 35 working days = 50 cents per working day Determine the 10.00 CET – 14...
I need a pretty simple MA crossing audio alert. Needs to be user selectable as to type of MA; AND MOST IMPORTANT -parameters of MA-i.e. based on close, hi, lo, Median, typical, weighted close,etc. Idea is to filter chop of basic MA crossings. Another simple indicator that i have not found is a CCI
i make a indicator for plot P&F Charts (XO)... when i draw object in chart window all rigth but if i put in separate windows not work fine... figure 1 : #property indicator_chart_window (work fine) figure 2 : #property indicator_separate_window (where are the circles?) NOTE: this bug appear only in
  Prc
Pls, do anyone have probability ratio calculator by Mark Rae. I have the ebook but cant get my hand on the PRC
Hello, I want to create an indicator that would keep me out of choppy markets. I only want the indicator to help me enter trades that have moved at least 1 pip per 1 minute during a certain (variable input) time frame. I want the indicator to record the price ('benchmark price') immediately after...
function require: press ENTER, H8 to open 8 hour period chart, etc.
If I open two trading accounts at InterbankFX and Alpari respectively, would the metatraders downloaded from these two companies conflict with each other during the installation? Will they mess up the registry keys and dll?
HI ALL, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY MT4 PLATFORM: I`M NOT ABLE TO SAVE A DETAILED REPORT, AND I CAN`T UNDERSTAND WHY. WHEN I LOOKED IN THE JOURNAL, THEY TOLD ME THAT SAVING THE FILE HAS FAILED. BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CHANGED , BUT I DIDN`T MODIFY THE ACCOUNT, I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR 3 MONTHS. DO...
Hi there, I need to execute 3 currency pairs almost at the same time in entry and liquidate positions with EA. Anyone can assist? Most appreciate. Lionel99
Is there a way to reopen the alert window after it has been closed, or do I always need to wait until the next alert to see it again? Thanks,
  iCustom issue?  (1)
Has anyone seen a problem with iCustom where it unloads and reloads the indicator for every call? Normally iCustom loads the indicator once and keeps it in memory. However with one indicator I'm working on for a client, the call to iCustom reloads the indicator everytime, making startup very slow....
Hi Slawa, Is there a way to display an indicator arrow above the buffer's actual value? If I have an arrow whose value is the high of a bar, can I cause the indicator arrow to draw 5 pips above the actual buffer value? This would be like making an indicator display the way that the native fractals
I have had this problem a couple of times. I leave and EA running on metatrader 4.0 build 215 and it locks down and stops processing orders. In order for it to restart i have to close down the platform and open it again and it resumes activities. What could be causing this problem or is it a bug on...
I have an idea for an indicator/EA and was wondering if I could get some help coding it. It would work on any time frame, probably hour The basic guidelines are these: 1. If the order is long then it will stay long until the price drops below 50% of the previous bar. Ex. from hour 0-1 the price...
Hi there - I have a simple problem and figured this was the bast place to turn to for some helpful advice. I have a very simple ea I put together from the following website: Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4 I'm not a programmer, and thought this was the best place to put my ideas to work...
Hi Traders We are tired with all trading gurus telling us that we need to predict future price behavior to survive in the market .... I think that's not a true ... Fact is, we don't need to predict anything. To succeed, we simply need to identify the current trend and jump into that trend with...
[Deleted]
hi.. I've modified the default script (trade.mq4) in metatrader platform to execute martingle based trade.. the condition is like below: Starting lot: 0.1 Multiple: 2 Pips: 8 TP: 10 Max trade: 5 and here's the code.. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Do you want to close the FxOpen thread ?
I have an EA that seems to only work on alpari (but does real well on my demo account there). The problem is that my live account is with interbankfx, and when I try using it there, I don't get any trades. So I was wondering if I could make my account with interbankfx make the same trades as my...
[Deleted]
  Help  (2)
Hi Every Body, I Am New In The Forum, I Hope We Can Share The Best,, I Have Some Questions On The Calendar 1. So I Enter The Market 30 Minutes Before The News Are Release? 2. Any History From Jan, Feb And March On The Results On All The Entries? 3. Can You Explain To Me Please How Does The Straddle...
  Save space..........  (12   1 2)
I have a problem...................how to add different setting of stoch in a window? example:I want to use stoch(5,3,3)and(20,10,20)when I add the indicator,,,,stoch (5,3,3)in window2 and stoch(20,10,20)on window3.....
saw this on another forum: Van K Tharp's new free test: What type of trader are you?
I need help please, I am trying to close orders from different currency pairs ( long and short ) but with the same magic number when the profit reach define target " lets say 15 pips" without touching the other orders with different magic number so I wrote this code to check open trades and count...
Hi, I got a very interesting question in my mind that will probably have very interesting results and I hope the discussion will help in inventing new methods for mechanical trading. So the question is.. If you must trade so that you couldn't see price at all, just a selected bunch of indicators
Where can i get the 214 version. I need it as fast as humanly possible