General - page 1640

Hello, Can someone point me to using a read buffer? Here is some code that I need convereted to MT4: char msgBodyBuf[1024];memset(msgBodyBuf, 0, 1024); Thank you. -charliev
How can I set auto take-profits?
  A rookies guide  (14   1 2)
Hi all, This is my first post and i am an extreme rookie with the forex, so i apologize in advance if my ignorance is glowing. However, i have a strong desire to become an extremely successful trader. I was hoping to get a few responses with from successful traders who could hopefully save me...
Hello, I have a need to pass a string INTO MetaTrader and would like to accomplish this through a .DLL. Can someone point me to a .DLL example that shows how to read a string value that is passed through the .DLL? Thank you. -charlie
  This is my Little Ripper EA  (12   1 2)
Gidday Attached is a scalping EA recommend 4HR plus TF entries if open > previous bar close = long if open < previous bar close = short exits reversal 1ema trailing stop 2% TP Enjoy
There is a strange difference between MT4 build 200 running the IBFX version compared to the Alpari build 200 version. Checking CCI values for 2008.10.28 12:00 on th EURUSD 1H History On an historic EURUSD 1H the Commodity Channel Index indicator with HLC/3 gives the value 114.54 for IBFX and 107...
There is a strange difference between MT4 build 200 running the IBFX version compared to the Alpari build 200 version. Checking CCI values for 2008.10.28 12:00 on th EURUSD 1H History On an historic EURUSD 1H the Commodity Channel Index indicator with HLC/3 gives the value 114.54 for IBFX and 107.57...
A friend sent me this analysis. If he is right, and his argument looks sound, which currencies should we consider moving to if/when the dollar starts to crash? << That's the main reason I'm following all of this crap. I want to know what the dollar will do. The dollar has been in slide for years -...
Hi all, I am wondering what the figures on the calander mean? For example the columns: Actual, Forecast, and Previous. Some figures quote numbers such as +5 or -2. While some figures quote percentages such as +10% or -8%. What do these figures mean? And how do we interpret them to be...
Hello, Does anyone have or can anyone code an MACD indicator , preferrably with sound and email, that alerts when MACD line crosses 0? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
  EA's
Just curious as i have been using an expert advisor that i have reversed added new functions and added a new indicator from the original ea i had , would u class this as modified version of the original or would you class this as a new EA just curious because i hear of people rearranging code of a...
Thanks, How can i get this version?
Hello i would like to create a personal stock portofolio for end of day analysis with metatrader, and i would like to know how to change the list of cross with a list of my favourite stocks. I'm a c# programmer and i have no problem to manage the hst files. Thanks ttd01
I just created a simple neural network based custom indicator and advisor, and it shows astronomical profits for EUR/USD for H1 and M30 periods in the strategy tester. Can you guys try it out and tell me what you think? Is MetaTrader just pulling my leg? Here is the custom indicator...
[Deleted]
I am looking for a ea that would put a hedge trade on when your first trade moves against you x number of pips
  !xmeter
Has anyone seen or have the !xmeter for MT4? Thank you, Rup
Is there any hidden option that will send MT to taskbar when closed (instead of closing for real) and doesn't take space in program toolbar ?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008, an article Reporting the Sixth Week (3 - 10 November) has been published. The sixth week did not influence much the Participants of the top ten. Once again we see Gorez on the first place, though in the struggle for this top he lost more...
  Error 4054  (1)
I'm testing my own EA, on demo accounts it works, on live account it does not. Error code : 4054 What's wrong ? Thanks
Does anyone know how i can get the "equity" figure DDE'd across into excel? Please advise.
USD/CHF Volatility Breakout on the HorizonPressure building up in the USD/CHF horizontal channel between the near support of 1.1710 and the multiple top resistance level of 1.1804. Recent upmove is also contained within the larger upward sloping channel displayed in the chart. Momentum still in...
Hello some help on how to increase font size? in chart horizantile and vertical line Regards S Naidu
Hello, I have a weird problem lately. I have demo account with Alpari and every time I open charts on my laptop (lets say, between night and morning), I see gaps. Is this happenning to others too? Please let me know how to fix if it is a known issue. Your help is appreciated.
Now, MT4 build 218, it's FXT Head changed? How can i get the version 405!?
My greatest request to the developers of MetaTrader platform is to add a button for shorter timeframe: every tick or 1second at least. It would be perfect to add even more buttons for shorter timeframes such 5seconds, 15seconds and 30seconds. But every tick or 1second timeframe chart is a must for...
Hi, I'd like to know if there is a methodology where I can use scripts (Windows's batch scripts, etc) to run MetaTrader4 from the command prompt and start various strategy tests for Expert Advisors (EAs)? I have several EAs that I would like to test using various parameters and settings, while...
Hello, I'm new at this forum, so I don't know if I can ask favors.I will do it anyway. I need a StochRSI indicator for MT4 with just one variable. I'm looking for it now for almost 3 weeks and nothing. HELP me, please. I'm getting all the time Ind. wich are compile from at least 3 variables;RSI
Start from the third one "This is perhaps the best explanation yet about the money system.After watching it becomes so clear why we have a financial crisis in US and why government so desperately tries to patch the system through $700 billion handout which is against the will of the people. I had no...
Please see the attached picture for clarity: I can always only see the Chart Tab of the chart, that is currentlyvisible as Chart. All the other charts that are opened in thebackground are not visible by chart tabs. I.e. I have 7 charts opened,but I only see the chart tab of the one I am viewing...