Arcturus FX - Only for Alpari UK - page 2

Looks like a very interesting EA but why is it only trading one hour per day?

It doesn't trade only one hour per day. It trades:

-from 20 to 23 for EURCHF

-from 21 to 22 for EURGBP

-from 22 to 23 for USDCAD

I made that choice in order to keep a strong success rate.

I can modify it if you want to try other hours, but you will see that it doesn't give so good success.

The reason that you're seeing a difference in results between your live and demo accounts is because Alpari demo accounts get their spreads from the Direct Pro price feed - just look at the Alpari account-type comparison chart and you'll see why your live results are worse.

Neo

Yes I already know this.

I'm not trying to understand why results are worst between demo and live account. I'm trying to find a way to improve this EA so that the 5% bad trades are not placed (or are reduced)

I want to test it on a small live account to see how it behaves. Lot sizes are a little big for that. I am afraid it would wipe out the account immediately. Is there a way to reduce them?

Dear Joe,

I use this EA for more than 6 months with no problem.

But if you want to reduce lot size, just indicate the Maximum_Lots. For example, if you want a maximum of 0.01, just put Maximum_Lots = 0.01

About the Risk parameter will trade a percentage risk, but the calculation is not real (I never really improved this point). In fact, Risk=100 represent about 30% of the account.

30% of the account?

that's just ridiculous, sorry.

hey Asite, you can't say all brokers are liars and cheats. Come on, just because you had a couple of bad experiences doesn't now mean every broker in the world is terrible. This is not the case.

For example, I am with fxopen, and believe me, they are not liars, and they are not cheats. I have taken money from them often, and haven't ever had a problem.

qwertymyfx:
hey Asite, you can't say all brokers are liars and cheats. Come on, just because you had a couple of bad experiences doesn't now mean every broker in the world is terrible. This is not the case. For example, I am with fxopen, and believe me, they are not liars, and they are not cheats. I have taken money from them often, and haven't ever had a problem.

hey i agree with you that not every broker is a cheat.. also all the complains which are on forums / internet is from newbies which doesn't even know how platform works or what is an "EA"? or they loose money by betting a whole account and then find excuses to a broker that something happened .. lol internet is full of it... they say 90% loose money . from this 90% i say genuinely 30% which really try but still loose the rest 70% are those who have no idea what they are doing and complain on brokers or other things..

-guyver

Reason: