General - page 1567

Currently I am trying to place a "time management" on an EA. To be more precise, I want to close an open order with a take profit of 7 pips. After 5 minutes if the Take Profit is not achieved I close the position. Can anyone help me?Thanks.
This journal is for trades that were taken based on Volume Spread Analysis. The system I use is one that I have coded and for more information on it you can go to my website. I will usually post the trades after they have closed as I don't want this to get mixed up with signals. I will post charts
Our EA has several Indicators and the EA needed to run. When the MetaTrader4 platform installs it is not rebuilding the executable code using the most recently installed EA and Indicators. We have had to create "New Chart", install our EA and the additional Indicators, and crate a "template"...
Hi, I re-wrote a script from procedural to object oriented. I noticed that a dll function call from the script (the import in the global scope)  is much faster (about 5 seconds per call) than when calling the same function (less than a second) from a class (the import is in the class global scope)....
Hello, What could be the cause for the Market Watch rates to differ from the rates on the chart? How can this be corrected? If for instance the EURUSD in the Market Watch shows a 2 pip spread (standard account conditions), and the chart itself shows 3 pip spread (mini account conditions). The broker
In the journal of MetaTrader Manager, there is an error code "unknown command [truder]". I don't know what it is although I have found it in search engine. However, I think it is very important. Could any people answer me as soon as possible? Thanks
Is there any real difference between downloading mt4 from metaquotes and then adding my own account details and downloading it direct from my broker ? The reason I ask is I had some problems with mt4 freezing up when I downloaded it from my broker which didnt appear to happen when I downloaded it...
This account will focus primarily on the GBP/USD, EUR/USD and EUR/JPY but will trade all major pairs with a high probability setup and a tolerable scalping spread. The strategy is a scalping strategy based on technical analysis and price action. The goal is to keep losses, drawdowns, floating losses...
I have an existing MT4 on one broker with all the chart set ups, etc. I would like to be able to just 'carry' everything over to a new brokers MT4. Is that possible? Tks
Hi. A while ago you promised to consider alternative platforms for MT5: http://www.metatrader4.com/ I wonder what's the status on this, Android in particular. I'm about to buy an Android device myself and would love to use MetaTrader on it. I know there's http://metatraderandroid.com/ out there but...
is it able to display the market as no movement for saturadays and sundays? is it possible, please advise
  =rajasha 5d=  (1)
RAS ID : 31393 =RAJASHA 5D = ( 5 Digit Brokers ) hxxp://xxx.myfxbook.com/members/Prasono/arief-25/32012 Statistics (last calculation on 2010-06-01 07:00:01) Start trading since 2010-05-26 05:35:19 Total # of weeks 1 This week pips 171 Total pips 171 Average pips per week 171 This week USD 7588.89...
Hi, is there the possibility to run a printable version for the articles section, like on mql4.com? It could be very useful! Thanks a lot
  Fundamental Analysis  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I'm having a problem in my hedge EA and would like someone to help me. When a request arrives SELLSTOP or BUYSTOP (hedge), EA has to remove the Take Profit of first order, but does not remove! Someone please help me in code base: NAL_NONE 0 #define SIGNAL_BUY 1 #define SIGNAL_SELL 2 #define...
hello i'm quite new with metatrader. i moved from ninjatrader and i miss a very nice feature: drag & drop support of an existing stop loss or not filled buy/sell order. for those your do not know ninjatrader: a line with a (X) symbol including size of contract/lot will be printed. then you can...
When I switch between my accounts, when the "New" account comes up, it has the charts from the previous account showing with "Waiting for Update" showing on each chart. This does not seem to ever update. What I would like to do is run different EAs in different demo accounts to see how well they...
Hi guys, after searching different forums and each thread I can´t find an EA that starts a buy and a sell order at a given time. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Simple News Trading EA.mq4 | //|...
As you may know, the Automated Trading Championship 2010 will be conducted soon. Currently preparations are underway for the upcoming contest. However, this year the Championship is conducted only for MQL5 Expert Advisors written for the new MetaTrader 5 terminal. Probably, some of the developers...
1. HOW TO USE THE EMAIL FUNCTION? THERE IS A FUNCTION ABOUT "EMAIL SENDING" IN MT4 ADMINISTRATOR, SHOULD ANY KIND PERSON TELL ME HOW TO USE IT? 2. OFFLINE CANNOT RECEIVED NEWS ON CLINET SIDE THE CLIENT TERMINAL CAN RECEIVE NEWS ONLY ONLINE, BUT OFFLINE CANNOT RECEIVE THAT, SO HOW IT WORK OR...
I wanted to backtest a strategy that I thoght and I was told that I can do it with mt4. My strategy is when the trend of the daily chart is down, I'll take the daily pivot point and when the price cross it I will get in 10 pips below and when the price pullbacks to it I will also short 10 pips...
  Pattern Rocognition Indicator (s)  (70   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
In the Indicators thread is the ZUP indicator. This thread is for analysis of pattern recognition with emphasis on the ZUP indicator. Again, I am a novice at this but encourage input, questions, and examples from all. Let me start with a little background. H.M. Gartley was credited with discovering...
Hi all, This is my first contributory post, but hopefully it will not be the last. This thread is about grid trading and about my grid EAs. I know that many of you abhor grid trading and see it as a red herring; I understand your perspective but I ask you to please keep pessimistic comments like...
I have several EAs, and I will post them all, but for now here is my most recent one. This EA is basically an adaptation of the Pattern_Recognition_Master_v3 indicator, which detects and displays a bunch of the more common candlestick reversal patterns. Although the pattern recognition is unmodified...
hello all trader ! I will you to gave every day a Prev-High and Low for GPB-USD .
w w w.rentasignal.com/signal/view/31429 BROW - best robot of world | Rent a Signal Any question Here. Thanks.
  1.#INF Error  (4)
Hi, I have the following simple code: double open[], close[], midpoint=0.0; int handle_1, handle_2;   ArrayResize(open,2); ArrayResize(close,2);   handle_1 = CopyOpen(_Symbol,_Period,shift,2,open); handle_2 = CopyClose(_Symbol,_Period,shift,2...
Could one of you great coders help me create a few tools/ indicators? I have 2 I need created. Here is the first: I want a MTF indicator that shows the previous 'x' period open/close in the current period represented by a rectangle to show a zone.... I would like the rectangle to be the length of...
Let's have a free expression on opinion high volatility is very tempting how to have a good strategy[ I don't believe in strategy much, otherwise, I am heading to EA direction , but maybe we need a strategy to expose to profit while limiting our possible Loss] for highly volatile pairs with a...
Hello everyone, got a new signal going up that has made $1,500 since April 21. It is running on a lot size of 0.10 and a beginning balance of $100,000.00 (demo act.). Stephen's Signal | Rent a Signal I'm not familiar with all the terms of trading but I know how to do it and was able to get this ea...