Info & Bug in MT4 Program - page 3

All I know is that my broker still did not upgrade to that build

The whole situation is becoming a bit ridiculous - it reminds to a metatrader 5 situation : what was supposed to become a fast standard is not accepted the way it was anticipated and the old version (metatrader 4) is treated by metaquotes as bastard. I am not sure that the decisions were taking into consideration every important (users) part, but were made just to show changes when they were not needed at all

Anyway, in a couple of next years, it will clarify (hopefully)

techmac:
As they describe it, one of the BIG changes in last builds is "publishing screenshots of charts" to their site. What the hell does that have to do with trading? How could I live without that in the past? :):)

Finally my broker decided to upgrade too, and already on the first step I got "surprised"

First of all, the format of pictures is changed to png (instead of gif, as it was before).. That would not be a problem so much if the picture saved by terminal is something what terminal "thinks" it should save instead of what is actually on chart. Upper is what terminal saved (active chart checked, as it should), and lower is what actually is on chart

If they continue this way (one step forward, three steps back) soon we will have to pay to metaquotes for posting pictures to their site (which is the default setting, so un-check the "post the image to mql5 chart ..." if you do not wish that your charts are used without your knowledge

With such a start experience, I can hardly wait for other "surprises" to show their ugly heads

Files:
eurusd_2.gif  39 kb
eurusddaily.png  97 kb

99% of "signals" running on demo accounts ... they should get serious - that is no signal, that is a game for kids

To my biggest surprise, so far not experiencing new "surprises" but it is still a short time of testing

The "one click trading" as a result in journal tab:

Since it goes like that all the time (and no order opened at all), no need to comment at all - all is told by the picture

Files:
off_quotes.gif  28 kb

PS: on another broker it (one click trading) works. It seems to be highly broker dependent and in some cases it even does not place an order but opens a usual open order dialog box (without additional information how to activate the "one click trading").

It seems that it needs optimization since in this form it is not a very predictable tool for different brokers (I am testing multiple brokers in order to see what happens, but so far results are all but consistent)

It has been a almost a couple of weeks since they told that "it is fixed, wait for update" (the picture problem, for example). No update yet. Does that mean that there is more to be fixed?

Having problems with some stuff. Does that mean that now all I can do is wait?

It is not professional from metatrader at all. After all we all are risking our own money and for what - for them not being able to do the job as they are promising. Time to rethink the metarader usage

More than a month passed that metatrader issued a statement that the noticed bugs in build 482 are fixed and will be solved very soon with next upgrade. Still waiting for that upgrade that will fix those errors. The conclusion is that either they (the bugs) were never fixed at the time when the statement was issued, or the problems run deeper than we are told. In any case this is a rather funny situation we are finding ourselves now ...

There is a preliminary announcement of build 491

Reason: