Info & Bug in MT4 Program - page 2

PS: that is a "preliminary announcement" (whatever that means, but we can expect that the version when it actually gets released is going to change from that 480 too)

Since I am guessing that it is still a "work in progress" maybe (based on past experience) it is better to disallow update till an official release is out (specially if you are live trading). If someone is interested, info about build 480 "preliminary announcement" can be found here : Preliminary Announcement of the New MetaTrader 4 Build 480

mladen:
Today they announced metatrader 4 build 480 (so not even 479 but 480) As I supposed it, the majority of changes is considering signal service and one that might be interesting. According to announcement "it means that it is almost impossible to receive "Trade context is busy" error code in normal conditions.". I hope it will be so

I hope too... This is IMPORTANT Issue for MT4 Program

Many countries have experiencing an unstable Connection, make obstacles in executing Trade.

My Country the Ones. Too much People busy access Connection for Game Online, Chatting, etc

My broker still did not upgrade to build 480 and they are releasing build 482. Among other things in the build 482 one of the reported bugs goes like this "now xauusd is 1577.xx but one click trading panel is 577.xx"

For now the recommendation is to avoid newer version download till these new builds are stable and usable (and it seems that my broker knows that too)

mladen:
My broker still did not upgrade to build 480 and they are releasing build 482. Among other things in the build 482 one of the reported bugs goes like this "now xauusd is 1577.xx but one click trading panel is 577.xx" For now the recommendation is to avoid newer version download till these new builds are stable and usable (and it seems that my broker knows that too)

Just Download in Less One Hour.

Got New UPDATE... MT4 Version 4.00 Build 482 (8 Mar 2013)

NOTE :

It's same Broker, I send INFO the Name Broker for you in Post#3

Now be careful - one of the novelties :

Redesigned LiveUpdate mechanism - when a new version is updated, the terminal downloads it in the background. Update up to the downloaded version is performed during the next launch of the terminal.

Which means that you can not choose if you wish your terminal to be updated or not - so, from now on you are going to work with version they want you to work with not the one that you choose (after all we are just users, why should we have a choice of what do we want to do ?)

Tsar:
Just Download in Less One Hour.

Got New UPDATE... MT4 Version 4.00 Build 482 (8 Mar 2013)

NOTE :

It's same Broker, I send INFO the Name Broker for you in Post#3

mladen:
Now be careful - one of the novelties : Which means that you can not choose if you wish your terminal to be updated or not - so, from now on you are going to work with version they want you to work with not the one that you choose (after all we are just users, why should we have a choice of what do we want to do ?)

Thank's for remind me...

I didn't find Auto Updates in these Version & Old version than Build 482 too.

And another Broker (used Old version than Build 482), they Not installed Auto Updates again. It's must use MANUAL Install for the New Build version...

Why Broker didn't send notifications INFO while MT4 Program will Updates (via my e-mail or another) ???

:)

Regarding that "automatic update" I can say that when I asked how can in metatrader 5 that update be disabled the question was ignored. So they do not have plans to allow us a choice to have that "automatic update" or not. Why? I can guess a couple of reasons but better not to talk about it : in the end I will be accused that I am inventing something.

But do I like what they did with update now? Not at the least.

Each and every professional trading platform allows you a choice if you wish or you do not wish to upgrade. This step made by metaquotes is more a step of desperance and non-professionalism as far as how are they treating users of the platform (and I am not talking about brokers who are the buyers of the platform(s)). Along with less than enthusiastic acceptance of the drummed about metatrdaer 5, we all can imagine what are they doing and why are they doing the things they do

Tsar:
Thank's for remind me...

I didn't find Auto Updates in these Version & Old version than Build 482 too.

And another Broker (used Old version than Build 482), they Not installed Auto Updates again. It's must use MANUAL Install for the New Build version...

Why Broker didn't send notifications INFO while MT4 Program will Updates (via my e-mail or another) ???

My broker is still keeping build 451, so this is just one post from metaquotes site since I do not have a first hand experience with build 482

I did update new ver.

but execution time is very slow.

over 10 sec.

so i did complain to my broker(my broker is exness)

they said,

new ver.`s problem.

My broker (Alpari) still with build 451. Obviously they are not rushing with this build (thanks god)

As they describe it, one of the BIG changes in last builds is "publishing screenshots of charts" to their site. What the hell does that have to do with trading? How could I live without that in the past? :):)

Reason: