APAMI: measure coincident trend lines automatically (no lag)

One of the most amazing price action trend measurement indicators to be available for mt4 is now available for mt5 . The no nonsense APAMI indicator is identical in operation to the mt4 version. So there is no learning curve to make the switch or use alongside the mt4 version.

- non lagging, non predictive, non repainting

- consistent, autonomous measurement of trend lines (length and direction)

- conclusive "price action" movement, regardless of timeframe or type of chart.

- very stable, even with volatile market conditions (keep the max bars in chart count < 5000)

The mt5 version was actually created as a "just in case mt4 is retired" backup, but it seems metaquotes will be keeping mt4 for some time due to the overwhelming popularity. Make sure to use the correct version (32 bit vs 64 bit), depending on your mt5 installation.

Feedback is appreciated. Just imagine if an entire expert advisor could be created around something like this . This video will show you some of the reasons why APAMI can help improve your trading.

Edit: mt4 version available in this thread.

Best tick-by-tick auto trendometer (no lag or repainting)

The Awesome Price Action Movement Indicator or APAMI is finally ready for mt4. If you are tired of trying to predict the current market direction, or smooth out prior price action, then APAMI may be worth further investigation.

Imagine you had the ability to define what extend the market was allowed to make a higher high or lower low between two points. You could literally measure 50, 100, or xxx pips movement as a means to define trend direction and possibly strength. Each trend would be validated with the exact same rules every time, without regard to any particular time frame.

This tool has the ability to greatly reduce "indicator overload", where a trader often places many indicators on a 1 chart in an attempt to predict future price movement.

The zip file contains the ex4 and dll files required to run the indicator. The pdf instruction manual explains the inputs more in-depth.

Edit: There is also an mt5 version of the indicator. They are identical in operation.

This video will help explain how APAMI works.

does anyoene have the pro version with the sound alerts

What does the "non predictive" in this part mean :

- non lagging, non predictive, non repainting

- consistent, autonomous measurement of trend lines (length and direction)

- conclusive "price action" movement, regardless of timeframe or type of chart.

- very stable, even with volatile market conditions (keep the max bars in chart count < 5000)

Isn't that the oposite of what the intention of indicators is?

kennanoate:
does anyoene have the pro version with the sound alerts

There are no sound alerts included in pro version, although I think mt4 has the ability to produce a sound alert when the popup alert is activated.

checkin:
What does the "non predictive" in this part mean : Isn't that the oposite of what the intention of indicators is?

I suppose I can understand some of the confusion there in that phrase. The 'non-predictive' nature of APAMI was to stress that it simply indicates or guages a precise market condition. How you interpret it is really up to you, although I do share with clients and in the video the methods I found best to trade after the move is complete. This is using Apami as a Signal, which is what most speculative traders are ultimately after.

The mindset of many newer and some experienced retail traders is that an indicator has some sort of mystical ability to reveal something about the market other than what the indicator function was programmed to calculate and display.

There are no sound alerts included in pro version, although I think mt4 has the ability to produce a sound alert when the popup alert is activated.

could you please post the mq4 for the free version

and the for the pro version

site for the pro version please

what is the difference between the free one and pro version

4EverMaAT:

could you please post the mq4 for the free version

and the for the pro version

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/182184 . It is 1 ex4 + dll + instruction manual + whitepaper. You must use mt4 build 509 or lower (use a separate install folder to be safe). We are currently working on a fix for builds 600+. Thank metaquotes for the sudden, forced updates.

kennanoate:
site for the pro version please what is the difference between the free one and pro version

There are actually 3 versions:

Free version - indicator as described.

Pro version - same as free, plus email, popup alerts, and the possibility for push notifications when moveComplete.

Pro Plus - Everything in pro, plus analysis on using a special length/tick count volatility indicator to auto-increase the pending moveComplete. This is an advanced technique that allows the user to keep the Moves small initially for quiet periods, and make the move longer for more volatile periods, in real time (no lag, repainting, or smoothing).

The site is http://www.AwarenessForex.com/apami.html . But it is not up yet....but people find a way to still contact me to pre-order.

I'm preparing a lot of video and material now for the launch. We are proud to be the only practical, coincident indicator out there and I thank everyone for their continued patience.

Hello,

Really interesting.

One question, how do you choose the ''move complete'' factor.

Through ATR ?

rosalieone:
Hello,

Really interesting.

One question, how do you choose the ''move complete'' factor.

Through ATR ?

The moveComplete is completely up to the user. I use it for counter-trend trading, so I use a length that is long enough to get a sufficient pullback after the spread is considered.

4EverMaAT:
The moveComplete is completely up to the user. I use it for counter-trend trading, so I use a length that is long enough to get a sufficient pullback after the spread is considered.

Thank for the reply.

20 seems to be your number. Is it only for eurusd ?

Which time frame suit you best ?

Reason: