Don't let your emotions ruined your strategy. - page 3

When I was in my early years, I couldn't sleep if I had an open position. And if it went against me, I'd be mad at the market and open a position in the other direction. You can guess the end result. Emotional intelligence can and must be learned if you want to succeed in trading.

arigoldman:
When I was in my early years, I couldn't sleep if I had an open position. And if it went against me, I'd be mad at the market and open a position in the other direction. You can guess the end result. Emotional intelligence can and must be learned if you want to succeed in trading.

I sleep tight now even with open positions

But it took me a couple of years to reach that

The hardest battle traders have when trying to think and be at ease with uncertainty is that they have had a lifetime of conditioning teaching them to think the opposite.Professionals have learned that to be comfortable in the markets is to be comfortable with uncertainty. They don’t try to fight it or block it out. Instead, they live with it and think in probabilities.simply stop taking too much risk and follow the money management rules. here's my trading setup while trading with my account, 2% risk per trade

Reason: