General - page 1371

Here’s how stocks, bonds, commodities and dollar may react he main question hanging over financial markets right now is when and how the Federal Open Market Committee will scale back its bond purchases, seen as one of the biggest drivers for investment moves this year. After a two-day meeting, the...
Hello, what brokers support MT5 and 60-second binary options trading?
EURUSD : With EUR seen trading slightly above the 1.3400 level, a convincing break and hold above that level is expected. A follow through higher above here will turn focus to the 1.3450 level with a breach setting the stage for more gains towards the 1.3500 level. Its daily RSI is bullish and
Do you have a computer? Good. Now you can be a quant trader. For years, complex algorithmic trading has been a major profit generator for Wall Street banks and hedge funds. It has also been a source of employment for programming prodigies — and a source of stress for regulators. But thanks to the...
The cost of living in the U.S. rose less than forecast in May, restrained by the first drop in food prices in almost four years and signaling inflation remains under control. The consumer price index was up 0.1 percent after falling 0.4 percent in April, the Labor Department reported today in...
Beginning construction of new U.S. homes increased in May and permits to build single-family houses rose to a five-year high, extending a rebound that is helping shore up the expansion. Housing starts climbed 6.8 percent, less than forecast, to a 914,000 annualized rate after a revised 856,000 pace...
Has anyone else lost the OpenCL facility since 803 build? Ever since the update the terminal say "OpenCL not found" I have updated to the latest drivers but no success. It worked before the 803 build and still works if I run the pre-803 MT version, so it seems that some comparability has been...
hi i have a very simple ea code. logic is like this (done at strategytune.com ) i have a manually opened trade and then wish to attach a ea to it by the ticket no of order. from there once a ma x takes place the order will auto close. see attachment. only thing is mine does'nt work. any ideas as to...
President Barack Obama hinted in an interview aired on Monday that he may be looking for a new chief of the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank, saying current Chairman Ben Bernanke has stayed a lot longer than he had originally planned. Obama, speaking to Charlie Rose, host of a PBS interview program,...
hi coding expert friends, Please help to advice : How to code in order to "limiting the license to certain account number only'? i want to share a custome indi with my friend. I want to limit only working on his ACCOUNt Number. I dont want him to sell it. Please help. Thank you, Anton
As we explained earlier, this week's Fed meeting is one of the most hotly anticipated Fed meetings in a long time. The recent increase in interest rates and growing talk about the Fed "tapering" its pace of bond purchases has everyone eager to parse every word in the Fed statement, and Bernanke's...
  Translating pips to money  (12   1 2)
Hi, can someone explain to me how I translate pips into real "money" when trading with MetaTrader 5. Example: - I have bougt 1.00 unit (volume) of EUR/CHF for 1.23158 -.I have sould this 1.00 unit of EUR/CHF for 1.23132 - The resulting profit is EUR -21.12 How do I calculate this profit, i...
please give me ideas or any links for such programming in MQL5
The probe of Libor manipulation is proving to be the tip of the iceberg as inquiries into assets from derivatives to foreign exchange show that if there’s a chance to rig benchmark rates in world markets, someone is usually willing to try. Singapore’s monetary authority last week censured 20 banks...
USDCAD: With s second week of decline seeing USDCAD weakening the past week and seen reversing its Friday recovery gains, further bearishness is expected in the new week. This will leave the pair targeting further downside towards the 1.0100/81 levels. Further down, support stands at the 1.0000
News that UK regulators are investigating alleged manipulation in FX benchmarks has hit the headlines, but can it be compared to the Libor scandal? Anybody with even a cursory knowledge of the FX markets knows that the 4pm London fix is likely to generate a spike in the movement of currency rates....
I hired a programmer, he did a bad job, a moderator said I had to pay and hill work, my question is? where I can rate this programmer? please tell me.
  Any thoughts?  (9)
Setting Stop Loss to tight I know everyone has a different approach, strategy and preference when it comes to stop loss orders. I have come across several forum posts or blog posts where traders set a stop loss order less than 10 pips away from their entry. I know scalpers keep them tight. I am just...
  Are you addicted to trading?  (57   1 2 3 4 5 6)
I have met a few traders who appeared to be addicted to trading and even though they were not professional traders they tended to make their daily decisions based on their trading and often cancelled or rescheduled planed events during the week due to trading. I think they did that because they were...
Central banks and their decisions usually move their respective currencies and associated currency crosses. It is important to watch out for their meetings and more important their press conferences as well as minutes as traders will react and adjust their positions which is why volume as well as...
Hi, I want to configure my MT5 such that with each new long/short order a stop loss is automatically set that is 2*ATR(20) [indicator average true range for 20 days] below/above my order. How can I implement this automatic S/L setting? Thank you. Regards, Chirs
A reversal of the yen carry trade has also upset markets Stock investors can’t stop thinking about the Federal Reserve these days, and the pressure is on policymakers to come clean about their plans after a turbulent few weeks of trading. Yet even if the Federal Reserve clarifies its intentions...
Stock investors eager to hear from the Federal Reserve about its plans for continuing economic stimulus may get some soothing words from the U.S. central bank next week. The Fed is unlikely to tip its hand about when it may begin to scale back its bond-buying program, but policymakers still may be...
EURUSD: Further bullishness saw the pair extending its gains the past week and opening the door for more upside in the new week. While holding firmly above the 1.3242 level, additional strength is expected towards the 1.3400 level and then the 1.3450 level. A cut through here will expose the 1.3500
I would like to explore the continuation of the article It is enough that has read Article sucks on the soap's website Bought a library that would be used to their custom, and the experts as not rummage in programming I would like to explore the continuation of the article and would have bought...
Jack Bogle, the outspoken godfather of index funds and passive investing strategies, didn't approve of a recent Wall Street Journal article defending hedge funds. In particular, he took issue with the author's reference to Benjamin Graham, the legendary Columbia finance professor who literally wrote...
U.S. stocks were able to evade the rout in Asia, but gold wasn't so lucky. In fact, the precious metal has been one of the most jittery asset classes this year. Gold prices plunged to a two-year low in April on worries about slowing growth in China. Investors also shunned gold in favor of stocks,...
  Meta Trader 5 Build 814  (51   1 2 3 4 5 6)
The current version of MT5 is Build 814, but I didn't find list of change for this build in the topic "List of changes in MetaTrader..". And in this build I can't use a statically allocated buffer for copy of a specified buffer of an indicator, I must use dynamic array for this current build 814. Is
A year ago, Edward Yang claimed Bitcoin was not decentralized because the only non-disruptive plan he could think of to replace it was centralized. He added that it was inevitable that Bitcoin would need to be replaced in the future, and that the decentralized means of replacing it, letting the...
That’s the end of QE tapering talk then? Not quite, but it should die down somewhat, give U.S. Fed Reserve conduit Jon Hilsenrath’s latest kiss-and-tell article in The Wall Street Journal. Thankfully, it might also stop all the blather about the U.S. and global economies recovering (they’re not) and...