Question about EA working on VPS

Hey guys. Im starting working with EA's and I noticed something today that I don't fully understand.

Checking the Experts logs on my VPS it said that on 05:39:31 the EA was loaded.

Then, at 05:43:57 it was loaded again.

At 05:44:12 again.

And then at 05:45:49. All of them in the same day. 

So I have a few questions about this:

1.- If I set the VPS yesterday with the EA supposedly active. Why is it loading again and again? Does that mean that it wasn't functioning when I migrated everything to the VPS?

2.- There are no unloading logs. Does that mean that there are muliple instances of the EA running on the VPS?

3.- Does this affects the trading results?

I thought that the EA would be active always but it seems that there are some fluctuations on the functionality. It would be great if someone could explain me a little more about EA's working on VPS or point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

Leo Cuéllar:

Hey guys. Im starting working with EA's and I noticed something today that I don't fully understand.

Checking the Experts logs on my VPS it said that on 05:39:31 the EA was loaded.

Then, at 05:43:57 it was loaded again.

At 05:44:12 again.

And then at 05:45:49. All of them in the same day. 

So I have a few questions about this:

1.- If I set the VPS yesterday with the EA supposedly active. Why is it loading again and again? Does that mean that it wasn't functioning when I migrated everything to the VPS?

2.- There are no unloading logs. Does that mean that there are muliple instances of the EA running on the VPS?

3.- Does this affects the trading results?

I thought that the EA would be active always but it seems that there are some fluctuations on the functionality. It would be great if someone could explain me a little more about EA's working on VPS or point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

The EA can be loaded again when a VPS operating system update occurs, but not so often as you describe here, unless you performed some repeated synchronizations/migrations if its MQL5 VPS you are talking about, or you clicked on and off the Auto Trading button a few times, if its some other VPS.

In any case there aren't multiple instances running, because every new EA load comes after an EA removal a few seconds before, unless of course you've loaded the same EA on multiple charts.

If these reloads happen often you should check the EA with the author/seller for any mulfunctions or incompatibility with the VPS you are using.

Eleni Anna Branou: The EA can be loaded again when a VPS operating system update occurs,

Or on a HW failure, the EA is loaded on another node.

William Roeder:

Good point William, I didn't know that.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The EA can be loaded again when a VPS operating system update occurs, but not so often as you describe here, unless you performed some repeated synchronizations/migrations if its MQL5 VPS you are talking about, or you clicked on and off the Auto Trading button a few times, if its some other VPS.

In any case there aren't multiple instances running, because every new EA load comes after an EA removal a few seconds before, unless of course you've loaded the same EA on multiple charts.

If these reloads happen often you should check the EA with the author/seller for any mulfunctions or incompatibility with the VPS you are using.

Thanks a lot. You're right, I did some repeated migrations the day before. Do you think that's the cause?

Also you mentioned clicking on and off the auto trading button. But I have a question... If I turn ON Auto trading and then migrate to VPS, then the VPS should have running my EA, right? And if then I turn OFF Auto Trading, the EA should keep running on the VPS unless I migrate again. Is that correct? Or does the VPS updates everytime I click the Auto Trade button?

William Roeder:

Oh ok I see. Thanks so much William.

Leo Cuéllar:

Thanks a lot. You're right, I did some repeated migrations the day before. Do you think that's the cause?

Also you mentioned clicking on and off the auto trading button. But I have a question... If I turn ON Auto trading and then migrate to VPS, then the VPS should have running my EA, right? And if then I turn OFF Auto Trading, the EA should keep running on the VPS unless I migrate again. Is that correct? Or does the VPS updates everytime I click the Auto Trade button?

Yes, MQL5 VPS remembers and acts on the last migrated settings, so if you migrate and then you turn off Auto Trading locally in your computer (which is turned off anyway after migration), your EA will continue running on the VPS.

Your MQL5 VPS settings are only updated after a new migration.

Reason: