Indicator to EA conversion

Hi,

I've written an indicator that works pretty well when I need to trade and want to convert it to an EA.

Clearly, the indicator is using the OnCalculate event and the EA the OnTick event. 

However, when I convert my indicator to an EA it doesn't work as I the original indicator does and I was wondering what are the differences between OnCalculate and OnTick events and any other advice/ideas on how make the EA work as the indicator.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

You can look for a freelance programmer to do the work for you on this site (I am not one.) 

A lot of traders here are programmers so you can also post a screen shot of your indicator and some kind of indication of it making money, like a print screen capture of the history of trading and it could draw some interest from a programmer to work with you.

Cheers.

Please look at:

iCustom()

It will give you the abillity to use the indicator's output in your EA.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/indicators/icustom

Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iCustom
Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iCustom
  • www.mql5.com
Technical Indicators / iCustom - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Marco vd Heijden:

Please look at:

It will give you the abillity to use the indicator's output in your EA.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/indicators/icustom

Yes, thanks Marco. Unfortunately, I don't like using iCustom as I suspect there is a delay in loading and performing the calculation. I'll battle with it.

Thanks again 

Michael Maggi:

You can look for a freelance programmer to do the work for you on this site (I am not one.) 

A lot of traders here are programmers so you can also post a screen shot of your indicator and some kind of indication of it making money, like a print screen capture of the history of trading and it could draw some interest from a programmer to work with you.

Cheers.

Thanks but I am a programmer. I was just hoping for some technical details of differences and possible avenues to explore in converting my indicator.

Thanks again for responding though. 

imamushroom:

Hi,

I've written an indicator that works pretty well when I need to trade and want to convert it to an EA.

Clearly, the indicator is using the OnCalculate event and the EA the OnTick event. 

However, when I convert my indicator to an EA it doesn't work as I the original indicator does and I was wondering what are the differences between OnCalculate and OnTick events and any other advice/ideas on how make the EA work as the indicator.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

If you do not show your indicator code, we can not give an ideas or advice to you.

No. without giving any codes you have indicators in. You can detect which modes in iCustom could be used for your indicator with this EA.

There is no other way, unfortunately. You must use CopyBuffer(). There is no delay if you use EveryTick() function. Because, new data is created for every tick movement. So the indicator would buy/sell at the same moment using OnCalculate/OnTick. This is the way that I see your problem.

Hi i got a 90% accurate boom and crash mt5 indicator that gives you 1 candle per signal..  (20 signals per chart per day). trading it manually only taking 1 candle stick per signal is tedious, but if someone could turn it into an EA it would be amazing! *****

Valentino Elago:
Hi i got a 90% accurate boom and crash mt5 indicator that gives you 1 candle per signal..  (20 signals per chart per day). trading it manually only taking 1 candle stick per signal is tedious, but if someone could turn it into an EA it would be amazing! *****
Same here man and I've been searching the whole place for a way to convert it to an EA

Joshua Olayioye:
Same here man and I've been searching the whole place for a way to convert it to an EA
i will try it to change to ea
Reason: