How Strategy Tester works? Is it even worth?

Hey. Just like in subject I want to know how Strategy Tester works.

I know more or less how it works on my side, but I have no idea how it is on the other side.
That's why I have a few questions about selling CPU processing power.

1) How agents are chosen? This happens automatically, or clients themselves can choose from who buy computing power?

I think I have pretty fast CPU for a personal computer. (8x 4Ghz, 4.4Ghz boost) My computer is turned on 10-20 hours a day, of which 90% of the time cpu load does not exceed 3-10%, even for the 10% of the time when I play I have about 40-50% of free cpu.
I use this app all week and I thought I could get through it a few cents, but I guess I was wrong. During the week I have accumulated only 20 minutes, and I guess I have to divide it by 8 (the number of agents).

2) What can I do to make this application to use the potential my cpu?

I have a laptop, there is 3x slower than my PC, and it is on approximately 4-10 hours a day, idle 90% of the time like the PC.
Unfortunately, it looks like is not used at all. Of course, all ports of agents are properly redirected, so the network is not the cause.

3) Is agents with greater computing power have a higher priority? It is even worth using this application on computers with cpu weaker than the i7?
4) And maybe even i7 is too weak?

And last...
5) Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :/

I would be grateful for answers to my questions, I would like to continue to use this application but at the moment I do not see any sense. :)

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Alain Verleyen, 2013.08.20 19:47

A must ! Before using it or asking any question : please read the Online Help  (Also accessible by F1 on your MT5 platform)

Strategy Tester

For Traders

For Programmers

Optimization

Cloud

Announce of the launch : MQL5 Cloud Network launched.

As Users

Some useful topic about usage of the Cloud :

As Providers (agents)

Work in progress, stay tuned !

Statistics - MQL5 Cloud Network
Statistics - MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Amount of produced work, agents distribution by countries, RAM, CPU and OS bit count

Alain Verleyen:

Thanks. From what I read, it seems that the number of agents strongly exceeds the need for computing power, and having one / two computers you will be lucky to earn anything.
I'm right?
Or maybe am I wrong?

CcarderR:
Thanks. From what I read, it seems that the number of agents strongly exceeds the need for computing power, and having one / two computers you will be lucky to earn anything.
I'm right?
Or maybe am I wrong?
Right.
Reason: