Writing an effective advisor - page 8

And it's easy to find someone here who can convert MQ4 to MQ5. So, whoever needs it, will do it. I do not want to use the fifth terminal at all because of the impossibility of opening counter positions

Vitaly Murlenko #:

Please test it to see what minimum deposit is needed for the minimum lot. I don't have that information. I now need to transfer money to a forex account, and I can't do much. If you have such information, you will not only me, you will do a big favor to many newbies.

That's where the big problem arises right away. The thing is that my account is opened at a Russian forex dealer, and he provides only MT5 terminal. I cannot test your Expert Advisor, which I regretted in my message. Until I get a code for MT5, I will not be able to help you.

Regards Vladimir.

Vitaly Murlenko #:
I don't want to use the fifth terminal at all because of the impossibility of opening counter positions

This is not true at all. The MT5 terminal has been using hedging for a long time (I don't remember exactly since what year).

Regards, Vladimir.

Georgiy Merts #:

Clearly rare exceptions that can easily be turned into general platform-independent functions. Is there anything more serious?

Agree that the ordering of trade queries is significantly different. And the difference in trimming blanks is a trifle which doesn't even have to be "wrapped", you can easily do with conditional compilation.

ArrayMinimum() and ArrayMaximum() are put into exceptions too?

Vitaly Murlenko #:
And it's easy to find someone here who can convert MQ4 to MQ5. So, whoever needs it, will do it. I don't want to use the fifth terminal at all because of the impossibility of opening counter positions
It depends on the type of account, there is nej and netting.

MrBrooklin #:

This is not true at all. The MT5 terminal has been using hedging for a long time (I don't remember exactly since what year).

Regards, Vladimir.

Do you want the topicstarter, instead of presenting his strategy and thinking about it, to switch to learning a programming language?

;)

Georgiy Merts #:

It's all right to think. Such radical transitions are always associated with such inconsistencies. Moreover, the string processing functions are just a clear "design flaw" - they were apparently written in parallel in MQL4 and MQL5 and the interface has not been coordinated a bit. The majority of general and string functions have a completely identical interface.

The differences in trade requests and data access... Fxsaber wrote a compatibility library... and it worked quite well.

But to be brutally honest, back in 2011, when MQL5 started supporting objects and conditional compilation, I definitely switched to portable code based on virtual interfaces. Since then I have not encountered any problems.

What is stopping you from rewriting the code in MQL5?

You should put your EA in your League ;)

PapaYozh #:

Do you want the topicstarter to switch to learning a programming language instead of stating his strategy and thinking about it?

;)

No, I don't. I just gave Vitaly some information, which may change his attitude to MQL5. Vitaly will decide whether to study MQL5 or not.

Best regards, Vladimir.

Dear members of this thread!

Can someone translate the Expert Advisor code into MQL5?

Regards, Vladimir

Ihor Herasko #:

Do we put ArrayMinimum() and ArrayMaximum() into exceptions too?

There is still some unfinished work here. A small part of functions differs in the number of input parameters and return, which leads to impossibility of simple substitution. But these functions are not related to the trading environment and environment of bars and ticks accounting. Therefore, it is quite easy to cross-platform the trading part and the drawing part, but to rewrite the functions with different number of input parameters and with different return. (well, classes of different execution for these functions, this is how to rewrite)

Reason: