Writing an effective advisor - page 2

MrBrooklin creating an EA based on indicators is a waste of time. This is my personal opinion and it may not coincide with other opinions at all. However, there is a simple truth - an indicator reflects the price movement but the price moves after the indicator.

Regards, Vladimir.

And what should be used in the technical analysis? What will the price follow?

So, we have grasped the basic idea of the trading system: we trade along the trend line. Now we need to formulate the logic of opening, maintaining and closing positions.

Let's begin with the last one. Logic of closing positions. The trend is over - trade should stop. This is logical. Therefore: 1) on a rising trend, as soon as the EA detects on the first tick of the zero candle that the first candle closing price is below the trend line (the trend has been broken down), or 2) on a falling trend, as soon as the EA detects on the first tick of the zero candle that the first candle closing price is above the trend line, all orders are closed and the trading stops.

We have an option of closing all previous positions as soon as the counter-trend candle appears. I think we should not do this because the trend has not yet broken through, and it is quite possible that we have stumbled upon a pullback, and the positions that we would close now will continue to profit in the near future.

The logic of opening positions.

I see several options here: 1) we open on each new candle; 2) we open on each trend candle; 3) we open only if we have a pre-defined combination of candles - for example the last two are trend candles - we open along the trend; 4) open on a breakout/rebound from certain levels (I want the required level to be indicated manually by the trader, for example, by a segment (a trend line that has the "Ray" option unchecked in the settings); if there is a line, we catch the breakout, otherwise, we do not)

In the Expert Advisor, we can separately describe each method of opening positions and use the opening of positions both separately and in combinations. For example, we can open positions at each trend candle + opening positions upon the breakdown of levels.

Accompanying positions.

We do not want to use any indicators but if we are going to trap levels and trawl by fractals, we will have to use the fractal indicator. Well, it would be easier with that. By the way, I once made a fractal indicator myself. At that time I did not like the fractal indicator built in the terminal - either I detected some overrendering or I traced some omissions, in short, I made a fractal indicator and it does not have those glitches. I will place the indicator here as it will be useful for my Expert Advisor.

So, the variants of position management: 1) ordinary trailing stop; 2) trailing stop by fractals; 3) do not trawl anything;

Lot management.

The lot for a starting order is minimal. With this approach, we won't be able to use lot resets, but we will be able to increase the lot size of coming orders.

The lot size of each order = Start order * 2. Here we can already reset half of the lots at a given level.

For each new order the same lot will be used.

// --------------------------------------------------------

So, we are going to write a starting Expert Advisor.

Let us take the simplest variant. The trend line, the minimum lot, opening of a position at each candle (regardless of its colour). There is no stop loss (TakeProfit, StopLoss).

We hope that at the end of the trend the whole group of orders will be closed in the plus. Then we wait for the new trend, change the position of the trend line and get a new trade on the new trend. And so the cycle goes on.

Since the trend line positioning is a purely individual case, the Expert Advisor cannot be considered as a mythical grail.

Nikolay Ivanov #:

and what should be used as part of technical analysis? What will the price follow?

Good evening, Nikolay! I do not use technical analysis as such. There are some traces of a long-term trend, which market makers leave, and that is how I orient myself. As an example, I make my forecast of 27.10.2021.

In answer to your question "What will the price follow?", I will answer simply - it will follow our money.

With respect, Vladimir.

khorosh #:

And you can remove the extra noise (no offence to the pipers) and get a chart where you can clearly see the wave structure.

I do not want to upset you, but it is not a "wave structure", it is a stock chart. And to "remove the noise", it is enough to have a watch (at least on credit).

MrBrooklin creating an EA based on indicators is a waste of time. This is my personal opinion and it may not coincide with other opinions at all. However, there is a simple truth - an indicator reflects the price movement but the price moves after the indicator.

Regards, Vladimir.

An indicator is just a separate function that has visualization. If we display any number in a profitable nonindicator EA in the visualization, the strategy will not become unprofitable because of it

Aliaksandr Hryshyn #:

The indicator is simply a separate function with a visualisation.

There is no objection to this statement, Alexander!

Aliaksandr Hryshyn #:

If we display any number in a profitable nonindicator EA on visualization in such a way, the strategy won't become unprofitable because of it

And here I cannot agree with you, because price movements are as unpredictable as movements of all traders in the Forex market. No number can describe their behaviour. What worked yesterday does not mean that it will work today and in the future. In this kind of Expert Advisor, you will always have to try to reoptimize the indicator to stay in the trend.

Regards, Vladimir.

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

I hate to break it to you, but it's not a "wave structure", it's a stock timetable. And in order to "clean up the noise" it is enough to get a watch (at least on loan).

Be logical then, if my chart already has a stock chart , why do I need a watch. Besides, as you know, happy people do not watch watches. I do not go to work, I want to sleep - I sleep, I want to eat - I eat. So tell me, why do I need a watch?)

You probably don't need it at all...you have it on the chart :-)

"I look in a book and see a fig" (c) popular wisdom

MrBrooklin #:

Good evening, Nikolay! I do not use technical analysis as such. There are traces of a long-term trend, which market makers leave, and that is how I orient myself. As an example, I make my Forecast of 27.10.2021.

Sincerely, Vladimir.

Aren't the tracesthat market makers leave behind a technical analysis?

To your question "What will the price follow?", I'll answer simply - it will follow our money.

You and I don't have enough money for the price to notice us...

Nikolay Ivanov #:

Aren't the tracesthat market makers leave behind technical analysis?

You and I don't have enough money for price to notice us.

Price is affectionate and does not skimp on anyone and does not skimp on any money, even small money).

Reason: