Writing an effective advisor - page 25

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

How is it not drawn ??? there are more than 3 (!!) reference points. And the line in general is drawn on 2

and maxima have been exceeded several times, there is a zigzag, and every new extremum is higher than the previous one (as Dow bequeathed, and even steeper - both maxima and minima go up)...

All the problem of graph-constructions, they are beautifully demonstrated in the history, and exactly up to the moments of counter-profits.

It all depends on the order in which the maximum is defined. A classic fractal is five bars, the middle one is higher (lower) than the others. But, in this picture the highs are not drawn by fractals.

Now I will take the current chart with classic fractals and draw a line. Hang on a bit.

Here. The current chart of the Eurodollar, the watch. If we mark highs and lows with fractals, there are two trend lines in the chart, both have already been broken through; the moment of their construction is marked with arrows. At the moment of penetration the lines break off. A third, descending line will be drawn through yesterday' s 8 o'clock and 18 o'clock fractals. It should be drawn as soon as price drops below the 15 hour low.

EURUSD chart, H1, 2021.11.20 16:04 UTC, Alpari, MetaTrader 5, Demo

Georgiy Merts #:

I told you - "pattern 1-2-3" is the simplest, very clear scheme.

We take the usual fractals. (You can also take other patterns of lows and highs. If the last fractals are as follows: minimum-maximum-minimum, and the second minimum is greater than the first one, then as soon as the price exceeds the maximum, a line is drawn through the two minimums. It is lengthened with every new bar and drawn until the next close is below it. This will be an uptrend. For a downtrend it is the opposite.

Do you think there are no such indicators? Or are there some non-obvious points?

Well, in this picture the trend line is drawn at the moment when the quotes rise sharply between the second and the third minimum. That is where the first maximum will be exceeded. And then, it exists until the close is below its continuation.

Zhora, come to your senses, you are building a trend line on three extrema;) your wife did not leave you for nothing

Vladimir Baskakov #:
Zhora, come to your senses, you are building a trend line at three extrema;) it is not for nothing that your wife left you

Three what?

I said an uptrend line is drawn on two lows between which there is a maximum, and the second low must be higher than the first. The line is drawn the moment the current price exceeds the low. The line stops as soon as the close is lower. Two such lines can be drawn on the current Eurodollar chart, and I did. Another one is looming.

This is one possible way of formalising trend lines.

What's not clear to you, clown?

Georgiy Merts #:

Three what?

I said an uptrend line is drawn on two lows between which there is a maximum, and the second low must be higher than the first. The line is drawn the moment the current price exceeds the low. The line stops as soon as the close is lower. Two such lines can be drawn on the current Eurodollar chart, and I did. Another one is looming.

This is one possible way of formalising trend lines.

What's not clear to you, clown?

Change your pills:)

Georgiy Merts #:

It all depends on the order in which the maximum is defined. A classic fractal is five bars, with the middle one above (below) the others. But, in this picture the highs are not drawn according to fractals.

Now I will take the current chart with classic fractals and draw a line. Hang on a bit.

Here. The current chart of the Eurodollar, the watch. If we mark highs and lows with fractals, there are two trend lines on the chart, both have already been broken through; the moment of their construction is marked with arrows. At the moment of penetration the lines break off. A third, descending line will be drawn through yesterday' s 8 o'clock and 18 o'clock fractals. It should be drawn as soon as price drops below the 15-hour low.

Here's the algorithm to build a trend

Unfortunately, I didn't come up with it. I can't boast.

Files:
9e960g_s0ct.jpg  67 kb

Renat Akhtyamov #:

Here's the algorithm to build a trend.

Unfortunately, it wasn't my idea. I can't boast.

I don't understand how a trend is built using this picture. But in any case, when the rules are clear, there are no special problems in automatic trendlines construction.

Georgiy Merts #:

I don't understand how a trendline is built from this figure. But in any case, when the rules are clear, there are no special problems in automatic trendlines construction.

Take a closer look. I have only one drawing, which I found in Internet myself, because it seemed to me interesting, but I have made an indicator. It works. I will not give it to you.
I didn't want to show it to anyone, but I think it's too much to torment my favourite microprocessor technique with a lot of Expert Advisors for years ;)

And for a less effective councillor, as a third-rate non-default, it might also work

Renat Akhtyamov #:
And for a less efficient advisor, as a third sort - not a marriage, it might also work
Here's a super-secret trend-building scheme
Files:

Vladimir Baskakov #:
Here's the super-secret trending scheme

It's happened before.

on the forum.

I think the codebase has such indulgences

Reason: