Writing an effective advisor - page 23

Lilita Bogachkova #:

The principle is based on the fact that orders are only opened if the trend continues in the original direction. The aim is to prevent too many open orders, especially at the same price. The strategy is not for me, I just offer a concrete solution.

Too primitive for random processes

spiderman8811 #:
Too primitive for random processes

In my opinion, the whole idea behind this EA is primitive. My suggestion is to fight against excessive order opening. That is all.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

In my opinion, the whole idea behind this EA is primitive. My suggestion is to fight against over-opening of orders. That is all.

That's right. Some traders do it that way. Frequent trades will decrease the mathematical expectation. It's not even really about strategy.

The robustness of the strategy can only be compared by a tester's stats at least.
So far, there has not been a single state

Renat Akhtyamov #:
The robustness of the strategy can only be compared to the state of the tester, at least.
Not a single state so far

full site of stats...

We should ask the success story: whether another mega-trader is drinking beer in St. Tropez for example...or whether the profits are enough for a Doshirak

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

a website full of stats...

you have to ask the success story: whether another mega-trader drinks beer in St. Tropez, for example...or whether the profits are enough for a Doshirak

they should have enough for tea.

start ....

zvezdocheet #:

Suddenly thought that being a trader is a shitty profession. You make money, that's all. The simplest carpenter is in a better position. He can always show the results of his work. "Look, I made this stool ten years ago, and it's as good as new!" The trader has nothing to show for it.

Imagine that instead of a trader, a robot trades, controlled by a trendline. This trendline is controlled by ... (who?) - the trader himself. This is a 3d perversion.

Trader ---> trendline ---> robot ---> trade. And there's a script for some reason. Who watched, why the script? There's something here that's obviously unnecessary...

The idea of a robot drawing a "trend line" based on incomplete information of the current symbol (and even less of one timeframe), without taking into account new factors and all neighbouring instruments/markets is doomed to failure initially and by definition.

More or less and for a short time, the direction and strength of the "trend" can be determined by the trader.

But that is what a trader does, to stew in this compote and to absorb tons of numbers and letters from available sources.

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

The idea of a robot constructing a "trend line" based on little information of the current symbol (and even less of one timeframe), without taking into account new factors and all related instruments/markets, is doomed to failure from the very beginning and by definition.

More or less and for a short time, the direction and strength of the "trend" can be determined by the trader.

But that is what a trader does, to stew in this compote and to absorb tons of numbers and letters from available sources.

This is not true. There are clear criteria for trend lines and the methodology of their drawing. For example, the pattern "1-2-3".

Georgiy Merts #:

This is not the case. There are quite clear criteria for trend lines and the methodology of their construction. Well, for example, the 1-2-3 pattern.

Demonstrate

Vladimir Baskakov #:
Demonstrate

a punch in the gut :-) cruel and unfair

Reason: