Has anyone created a successful automated trading system? What is your advice? - page 27

Vladimir Baskakov #:

I see, bro.

I had no doubt you were one of them - the cat knows whose sour cream she's eaten. But if you're going to clown around like you always do, what else can you do but cry to the moderators? I'm not afraid of restrictions...

Georgiy Merts #:

I had no doubt you were one of them - the cat knows whose sour cream she's eaten. But if you keep clowning around like you always do, what else can you do but cry to the moderators? I'm not afraid of restrictions...

That's what Vitya thought.

Vladimir Baskakov #:
That's what Vitya thought.

So? Did it hurt him? Everyone can see perfectly well all your clownish shenanigans. I'm not selling anything, and I'm not losing anything by getting banned.

Georgiy Merts #:

So? Did it hurt him? Everyone can see perfectly well all your clownish shenanigans. I'm not selling anything, and I'm not losing anything by getting banned.

What clown act?

I could be wrong as I don't use indicators, but don't all indicators imply an operator? Usually an indicator has zero statistical and predictive value, and creates something like a simple mathematical summary for its line of work, in order to make it clearer for a person to analyse? Or is it not?

LenaTrap #:
Usually the indicator has zero statistical and predictive value

Why? The indicator readings are very likely to indicate that it will continue to show more or less the same thing.

All popular indicators - Mashki, Stochastic, ATR - give quite stable readings.

Another thing is that firstly, one indicator is not enough for the whole system. Secondly - market participants are constantly changing their behavior, and, accordingly, the market is changing, and we can rely on the indicator readings only for a short, not very long time. After that a revision is needed.

Georgiy Merts #:

Why? The indicator readings are very likely to indicate that it will continue to show more or less the same thing.

Another thing is that firstly, one indicator is not enough for the whole system. Secondly - market participants are constantly changing their behavior, and, accordingly, the market is changing, and we can rely on the indicator readings only for a short, not very long time. After that a revision is needed.

Revision of what? And why, for a system, if I'm trading the same pair

Georgiy Merts #:

I'm sorry, I don't understand, it's like you're contradicting yourself. They give stable readings and yet you can't navigate for a long time? So you can only navigate in some short periods of time, but not in others? Is that what you would call persistence?

LenaTrap #:
I'm sorry, I don't understand, it's like you're contradicting yourself. They give stable readings and you can't navigate for a long time? So you can only orientate in some short periods of time and not in others? Is that what you would call persistence?

and he doesn't believe it.

You're actually right on the money.

LenaTrap #:
Sorry I don't understand, it's like you're contradicting yourself. They give steady readings and at the same time you cannot navigate for a long time? So you can orientate only in some short periods of time and not in others? Is that what you would call persistence?

What's so strange about it? The readings are stable. This means that they vary within certain, fairly stable limits.

It is not possible to navigate for a long time. It means that the price movements change their character rather quickly.

It is the indicator readings that are stable. And the use of the indicator - the longer it is, the less reliable it is. There is no contradiction here.

Throwing a coin - you will steadily get about half of the "eagles". But, you can only make money on a coin toss by accident.

Reason: