From theory to practice - page 1809

The pound has a correlation to spot gold) Many have probably noticed) Inverse) Have you noticed? Not always, but very often it works.

I basically trade these two instruments now. gbpusd xauusd

Either forex or other drugs, these patterns are everywhere. They work well for a couple of days, then not. You can even draw them in your notebook, or the ones you understand better. If you can't remember it that way. But I do everything by hand. I do not know, you have only programmers here))) Robots are working)). How do you trade?

I take it we have a different approach) Or is it just night already...?)

I'm an intraday in short. Although some people say that there is no intraday in forex)

jori77:

By the way, correlations, like patterns, I, for example, notice often. They appear, then disappear. They don't work in the end. I'm only on the low 1m 5m. Well 15m when I hold it long (a couple of days).

And for loading equity, for the idea and for the risk. And I don't always take it out.

Like the story about the chicken and the traders))

The chicken sits on the keyboard of the trader who is away from his computer and eats millet from his keyboard.)

Two traders next to it are looking at the chicken and one of them says: "John, this chicken is making the best trades in the market right now")))

Correlations don't work well on low TF's. To be more precise, only with very strong movements when everything is already clear without it.

I mean the delay there and it makes the correlation wrong on M1/M5 or it has to be calculated differently, not using Pearson's lobes.

A simple application of the correlation - look at xxxUSD - as soon as they start to go to 1 it means"something has happened" :-) The bx is about to rush somewhere and we have to choose the weakest link

It also happens on the pound or gold, someone gets squeezed and turns around. These instruments are "fast". And after a squeeze, usually a long one, the "trend" can go on for a long time, with "drop-offs"... You can hold. But I'm not a fan of long poses.

jori77:

The pound has a correlation to spot gold) Many have probably noticed) Inverse) Have you noticed? Not always, but very often it works.

I basically trade these two instruments now. gbpusd xauusd

Gold correlates with price

Maxim Kuznetsov:

correlations do not work well at low TF. More accurately, only at very strong movements, when everything is already clear without it.

There is also a delay and it causes correlation to appear wrong on M1/M5 or it should be calculated differently, not Pearson's head-on.

A simple application of the correlation - look at xxxUSD - as soon as they start to go to 1 it means"something has happened" :-) The quid is about to fall somewhere and it is time to choose the weakest link

If you notice a correlation on an older timeframe it will be enough. I'm not complicating it, I'm simplifying it.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Gold correlates with the price

Yes, but not always at all) And by the way, no one can or will say so clearly - where does the spotting come from in the first place? Maybe you can help).

jori77:

Yes, but not always at all) And by the way, no one can or will say so clearly - where does the spotting come from in the first place? Maybe you can help).

I meant with the yen) the phone is glitchy
Reason: