Help make the robot profitable - page 3

Yury Kirillov:

Let's mention that it will be delayed - it will show what happened after it happened...

correct - any kind of averaging is always late

Even if you take the previous bar, you are already late, as a rule. And on the Ma-bar, it is hard to imagine how late the entry is.

Therefore, I believe that the MA is not an aid to trading, but the opposite

Евгений Панин:

Looking for a good person to help me make my automatic trading system profitable.

Not technically, but in terms of strategy.

I know MQL4/5, I wrote my robot, but it goes in the red for more than 3 months, no matter what I do.

I'll thank you as much as I can for your help.

Eugene

Sorry for the intrusion .... But it's not clear to me - why should I automate an idea or a non-profitable strategy?
After all, the creation of an Expert Advisor is the last step in automating an already profitable system.
I think you have to start with the development of a trading strategy first (you can do it here, in this thread), and only then start automating/programming/backtesting/coding ... If it's the other way round, you'll just end up with a fitting EA to an acceptable backtest.

Yury Kirillov:

Let's mention that lagging would be showing what happened, after the fact...

It's already been said in the thread, but I'll say it again: MA girls are never, ever late

they're just misread and misinterpreted.
90% for some reason think they are a current trend line and are very upset that they are not :-)

Maxim Kuznetsov:

It's already been said in the thread, but I'll say it again: MA girls are never, ever late

They're just misread and misinterpreted.
90% think they are a current trendline for some reason and are very upset that they are not :-)

How do you interpret it correctly?

Sergey Golubev:

I'm sorry to barge in ... But I do not understand - why would you want to automate an idea or a non-profitable strategy?
After all, creating an Expert Advisor is the last step in automating an already profitable system.
I think you have to start with the development of a trading strategy (you can do it here, in this thread), and only then start automating/programming/backtesting/coding ... If it's the other way round, you'll just end up with a fitting EA to an acceptable backtest.

Sergey,

What do you mean by developing a trading strategy?

Евгений Панин:

Sergey,

What do you mean by development of a trading strategy?

You wrote in the first post:"Not in technical terms, but in terms of strategy. "

B here is good advice:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Help make my robot profitable

Vladimir Karputov, 2017.03.10 14:27

So post it here - let's discuss it in relation to MQL5.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Help make your robot profitable

Vladimir Karputov, 2017.03.10 15:11

Start with:

Screenshots of problem places (with buy/sell icons, with indicators). Problem places are determined by means/balance chart of the tester.

Евгений Панин:

Sergey,

What do you mean by developing a trading strategy?

You've got the wrong idea about trading robots. If a trading strategy uses a certain indicator, and it does not give the right result, it does not mean that the indicator is used incorrectly.

Let me give you one example. If we use a thermometer to measure our body temperature, we know for sure that the norm is 36.6 +-something. The same cannot be said about indicators in forex.

Because no one will be able to give a clear answer at what readings, what to do. And in vain you are looking for someone who will be able to make you a profitable Expert Advisor.

Unless, of course, you think there are magicians sitting here.

For example, go to one of the leading English forex forums - there development starts with indicators, charts and rules. And then it all goes not only into advice, but also into Expert Advisors in the branches, etc. Branches sometimes have 1 thousand sheets, and every 10th sheet you can download something new from the branch.

-----------------

As I did here ...

For example this strategy:PriceChannel Parabolic system

1. Posted indicators on the chart (and in the first post).

Defined the trading rules. 2.

3. i traded hands on demo to tweak rules and check possible profitability of the strategy (and maybe to improve or tweak it.

For example:

Metaquotes demo

GoMarkets broker, initial demo deposit 1,000

Alpari UK broker, initial demo deposit1,000

RoboForexbroker, initial demo deposit1,000

PriceChannel Parabolic system
  • www.mql5.com
So I decided to create some simple trading system with re-enter based on indicator's arrow on the chart.

And all this with charts, with the entry and exit points marked, by day and each day, etc. It must have taken a week to do that (just one week).

And then?
Then I did some separate posts on how to trade this system (on the rules of trading this system, timeframes, etc.).
And that's all before coding.

And then I made the first variant of EA by this system(here). How many pages are there in your branch? I will soon have the fourth page ... But the source code of my Expert Advisor has been posted on the sixth page. And its second variant is on the 9th page here with corrected indicators here and here.

• www.mql5.com
So I decided to create some simple trading system with re-enter based on indicator's arrow on the chart.

If anyone thinks that what they do with their hands will be able to program them, they are deeply mistaken.

So far, no one knows how to programmatically identify things like current support/resistance levels and the current trend or channel.

Without them, it is impossible to make a consistently profitable robot.

Reason: