Help make the robot profitable

Looking for a good person to help me make my automatic trading system profitable.

Not technically, but in terms of strategy.

I know MQL4/5, I wrote my robot, but it is losing on interval more than 3 months, no matter what I do.

I'll thank you as much as I can for your help.

Eugene

Евгений Панин:

Looking for a good person to help me make my automatic trading system profitable.

Not technically, but in terms of strategy.

I know MQL4/5, I wrote my robot, but it is losing on interval more than 3 months, no matter what I do.

I'll thank you as much as I can for your help.

Eugene

If you have any questions, please discuss them in MQL5.

Vladimir Karputov:

Then post it here - we will discuss it in relation to MQL5.

OK, what exactly should I post?

I make the robot in Wizard MQL5.

The main signal is Larry Williams volatility breakout, when the distance from High to Close changes sharply up or down.

The problem is sideways. I try to sift them out, they do not work.

I added filter by averages - to buy when fast is higher than slow and vice versa. It did not help.

I added an ADX filter - to buy/sell when ADX is rising - did not help.

I still get long losing series.

I am sure there is a way to fix this - I would like to know it.

Евгений Панин:

Ok, what exactly should I post?

I make the robot in Wizard MQL5.

The main signal is Larry Williams volatility breakout, when the distance from High to Close changes sharply up or down.

The problem is sideways. I try to sift them out, they do not work.

I added filter by averages - to buy when fast is higher than slow and vice versa. It did not help.

I added an ADX filter - to buy/sell when ADX is rising - did not help.

I still get long losing series.

I am sure there is a way to fix it - I would like to know it.

Start with:

Screenshots of problem places (with buy/sell icons, with indicators). Problem spots are identified by the funds/balance tester chart.

Vladimir Karputov:

Start with:

screenshots of problem areas (with buy/sell icons, with indicators). Problem places are identified by means/balance chart of the tester.

This is a huge amount of work. It is easier to show the screen

Vladimir Karputov:

Start with:

screenshots of problem areas (with buy/sell icons, with indicators). Problem places are identified by means/balance chart of the tester.

Posting, of course, but if it's possible to see the screen, that would be very cool

Евгений Панин:

This is a huge amount of work. It's easier to show the screen

No. You take the first losing piece from the tester (means/balance chart). Remember the start and end dates. Look on the chart (which is left after the run) for that slice. See what's wrong.

Vladimir Karputov:

No. You take the first losing piece from the tester (means/balance chart). Remember the start and end dates. Look for this piece on the chart (which is left after the run). See what's wrong.

So that's the problem, I've done it before, but figuring out what's wrong is the hardest part.

Everything works clearly according to the algorithm.

The question is exactly what is wrong in terms of strategy.

Евгений Панин:

So that's the problem, I've done it before, but figuring out what's wrong is the hardest part.

Everything works clearly according to the algorithm.

I will post screenshots of the problem areas later in the evening.

Евгений Панин:

I will post screenshots of the problem areas later in the evening.

I highly doubt that this topic will make your EA profitable. And the error is that you should not start building your TS by coding MQL, but by modeling and working out the strategy, for example in Excel.

From my experience I can say that such modeling of a new strategy takes about 3 months (not from morning till night, of course, and not even every day). It is accompanied by construction of a bunch of tables, charts, diagrams, review and analysis of deals, strategy adjustments - and so many times in a circle.

Do you honestly believe that someone will do this work for you? And abstract advice will hardly help.

Евгений Панин:

It's very likely that the TS is originally unprofitable, if it were profitable you wouldn't have started a thread on the forum)
Reason: