Help make the robot profitable - page 6

George Merts:

Kind of a programmer.

Seems to have plenty of experience.

It seems to be a cakewalk to set the level by the fractal. The level is easily calculated and may be used.

Setting the channel by maximum/minimum seems to be no problem. The channel is easy to set, you may use it.

What's the problem? It's all easily programmable. How do these levels or channels differ from those created manually according to the fractal or highs/minimums? Their functionality is the same whether they are calculated manually or automatically. If a level rebound happens, it will not depend on whether it is set manually or by the Expert Advisor.

Do you know how to detect the beginning of the current trend? Where does the beginning of the trend start from?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Do you know how to determine the beginning of the current trend? Where does the beginning of the trend start from ?
Everything can be done, it just takes a little more time to do the impossible.
The task of identifying trends is not a programmer's task, it is a developer's task. In fact, a trend is a conditional concept. First of all, we have to find out what a trend is and if it needs to be defined at all. The programmer must convert everything into code according to a ready-made logic. Yes, the programmer and the developer can be one person but it is obvious that one must not start with writing the code.

Maxim Romanov:
Anything can be done, it just takes a little longer to do the impossible.
The task of identifying trends is not a programmer's task, it is a developer's task. In fact, a trend is a conditional concept. First of all, we have to find out what a trend is and if it should be determined at all. The programmer must convert everything into code according to a ready-made logic. Yes, a programmer and a developer can be one person, but one obviously must not start with writing the code.

You don't have to repeat what many people say. Trend lines including the current trend are very easy to define visually, but it is not possible to formalise it.

And so far I haven't seen anyone program it.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Don't repeat what many people say. Trend lines including the current trend are very easy to identify visually, but it is not possible to formalise it.

And I still haven't seen that anyone has programmed it.

I wonder how it isvery easy to determine visually? And, more importantly, when can it be determined visually?

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Do you know how to determine the beginning of the current trend? Where does the beginning of the trend come from?

I thought we were talking about levels, channels and trendlines...

If you mean trendline as part of the TS, then trendline starts from the top of a fractal. It is based on another peak of a newer fractal. And there are a number of rules for defining these very fractals. It lasts till the breakdown of the trendline by the price.

No "visuals" - everything is quite formalised.

It seems to me that you confuse the task of constructing a level, channel or trendline with the task of profitable trading using these elements. The construction is quite well automated, there are plenty of indicators for levels, trendlines and channels.

Here is the trendline indicator (all trendlines are fully automatic):

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/6731355/eurusd-d1-alpari-international-limited

График EURUSD, D1, 2017.03.14 04:46 UTC, Alpari International Limited, MetaTrader 4, Real
График EURUSD, D1, 2017.03.14 04:46 UTC, Alpari International Limited, MetaTrader 4, Real
  • www.mql5.com
Символ: EURUSD. Период графика: D1. Брокер: Alpari International Limited. Торговая платформа: MetaTrader 4. Режим торговли: Real. Дата: 2017.03.14 04:46 UTC.

Here is the PS level indicator, also fully automatic:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/6731366/eurusd-d1-alpari-international-limited

График EURUSD, D1, 2017.03.14 04:50 UTC, Alpari International Limited, MetaTrader 4, Real
График EURUSD, D1, 2017.03.14 04:50 UTC, Alpari International Limited, MetaTrader 4, Real
  • www.mql5.com
Символ: EURUSD. Период графика: D1. Брокер: Alpari International Limited. Торговая платформа: MetaTrader 4. Режим торговли: Real. Дата: 2017.03.14 04:50 UTC.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Don't repeat what many people say. Trend lines including the current trend are very easy to identify visually, but it is not possible to formalise it.

And I still haven't seen that anyone has programmed it.

If I had to, I would have figured out how to do it. And I have seen it. Everything is easily determined visually by history, but in real time it's another matter.

Maxim Romanov:

If I had to, I'd figure out how to do it. Yes, and I've seen it. It's easy to visualise everything from the history, real time is another matter.
This is the same question. No one needs those trend lines on history anymore. You can't pour it into a glass, you can't make a fur coat. For some reason it is associated with collecting empty bottles - ah, what cognac was there.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
This is the very question. No one needs these trend lines in history any more. You can't fill a glass, you can't make a fur coat. For some reason I associate it with collecting empty bottles - ah, what cognac was there.
That's what I mean too). The task turns out to be not in the lines, but in the entire trading algorithm.
Reason: