[Archive!] WRITING A COUNTRY TOGETHER!!! - page 27

on this one just to see how beautiful everything is...

ALex2008 >> :

We can try to break the "morning flat"... or just try to put your own flat... 20pp, 50pp... any (we put 2 pendants)... When one pendent triggers, put the reverse with doubling... Choose hours of operation... all should end up in the black... When profit is reached... for example 100usd we fix profit and close all orders...)

And if you write a function to close with meeting orders, it will be a beautiful story...)

Let's give it a try ;)

Where do we start?

I suggest to formulate a strategy first. Not in general terms, but clearly and concretely. In the process of forming something I will add, maybe someone else will...

Ermak >> :

I can offer you to write an EA for this strategy, in the Bookkeeper document. Everything else you need is also in the archive.

Believe me, this strategy has been programmed by more than a dozen programmers. I don't really want to add to their ranks. Maybe it works for some time interval, like all strategies. I prefer to write something of my own, rather than copy someone else's ideas

RomanS >> :

Let's give it a try ;)

Where do we start?

I suggest to first formulate the strategy itself. Not in general terms, but clearly and specifically. In the process of forming something I will add, may be somebody else...

Let's start..:

-Trading is only allowed from the beginning of the European session (the beginning of the volatility of the day)

-We set two opposite orders from the current price (one Sell order and one Buy order of equal lots). The distance between orders is determined by an external variable for convenient testing.

-When one of the orders triggers, we add to the opposite order with the doubling - thus when the opposite order triggers, we get a reverse order, etc. In other words, we obtain a flat zone for termination of a trade, we will come out of it whatever way we want, of course, there may be multiple reversals, but these are isolated cases and it all depends on the variable that defines the flat.

-We set it equal to this condition if(AccountBalance()==Profit) DellAllOrders(); We move Profit variable to external variables for testing convenience. Thus we simply wait for profit in any case

Basically, the entire idea is given. But we can improve it, for example:

-add a choice of hours of work for the Expert Advisor.

-Closing all orders to make overlapping orders

RomanS писал(а) >>

Believe me, this strategy has been programmed by more than a dozen programmers. I don't really want to add to their ranks. It may work for some time interval, in fact, like all strategies. I prefer to write something of my own, rather than copy someone else's ideas.

Can you give me a link to see the Expert Advisor.

ALex2008 >> :

Here we go..:

-Trading is only allowed from the beginning of the European session (the beginning of the volatility of the day)

-Two opposite orders are placed at the current price (one Sell order and one Buy order of equal lots). The distance between the orders is determined by an external variable for convenient testing

-When one of the orders triggers, we add to the opposite order with the doubling - thus when the opposite order triggers, we get a reverse order and so on. In other words, we obtain a flat zone for termination of a trade, we will come out of it whatever way we want, of course, there may be multiple reversals, but these are isolated cases and it all depends on the variable that defines the flat.

-We set it equal to this condition if(AccountBalance()==Profit) DellAllOrders(); We move Profit variable to external variables for testing convenience. Thus we simply wait for profit in any case

Basically, the entire idea is given. But we can improve it, for example:

-Add a choice of hours of work for the Expert Advisor

-To make all orders close with overlapped orders.

Great, let's try it...

There are questions:

Why open with double lot? What is the advantage of closing the loss and opening with the same lot in the opposite direction?

I just can't figure out what the benefit is...

Ermak >> :

Can you give me a link to see the advisor?

No, unfortunately... :(

But I do know that good strategies don't just lie around the internet. Usually they are strategies that nobody needs, but they used to work... Maybe someday they will work, but the author of the strategy is probably disappointed in it himself, so he posted it on the community, showing how great it worked before

By the way ALex, read carefully the strategy on page 20. It wouldn't be a bad idea to determine which pendants to place... stop loss? or limit?

That EA (page 20) on breakdown instead of buying did the opposite... It sold on a breakdown upwards (but not always).

So I wondered if I could somehow decide which orders to trade today... stop or limit?

Ermak >> :

Thanks for the clarification, but what you've discounted I'm far from it and don't know where to put it even.

Files:
xxx_1.mq4  23 kb

RomanS писал(а) >>

Sadly, no... :(

But I do know that good strategies don't just lie around the internet. Usually they are strategies that no one needs, but they used to work... Maybe someday they will work, but the author of the strategy is likely himself disappointed in it, and posted it on the community, showing how great it worked before

>> I see, thanks for the clarification.

Reason: