Avalanche - page 364

khorosh:

You don't have to wait for 5-10 reversals to exit the cycle with profit.

Please, on the interval from 01.05.2010 to 10.06.2010 my Expert Advisor exited the cycle with profit after 3 orders at the most.

And if you can, attach the test header from the figure in this post.

flash:

We set 2 orders BuyStop and SellStop with equal lots (0.1 each). Put it on a) a certain quantity of points from the current price or (to make a choice in options of the expert) b) on level of high and low of the last N bars (to include in options).

When one of the orders triggers, the other one should be deleted. We wait for the result, if they are placed correctly, we take a profit, if not, the position is closed by a stop loss.

A similar EA is discussed at http://forum.alpari.ru/thread53198-30.html

genfed:
A similar EA is discussed http://forum.alpari.ru/thread53198-30.html

The 2 order+martin strategies are all similar to each other. The entry conditions are different there. And why do we need a discussion "somewhere", we need it on our forum )

The more so, the basic conditions are described, and all the "tricks" will be provided to the one who will write an EA.

The description of strategy proposed there:

Set the time (start point). Let it be 02:00 terminal (time can be changed preferably)
We set two levels at the distance X from the price at the starting point (i.e. 2:00)
We set a Buy Stop on the top level and Sell Stop on the bottom one, with StopLosses located at opposite levels,
they equal 2X points. The lots are 0.01. Take Profits are Y| points.
Then price reaches any of these levels, an order is opened.
When one of these FIRST orders triggers, the second is deleted! A similar order with the lot 0.02* is set in its place.
Further, if the price reaches Take Profit, all orders are deleted and the Expert Advisor does not trade till the next day.
If the price goes in the opposite direction and reaches stop loss, at this very moment, a rollover order is triggered with the double lot*.
After that, an order with the lot 0.04* is placed instead of the first order.
This happens until TakeProfit or until the moment when you run out of money on the deposit.
*The only wish - to make the size of lots for each next position manual. I.e. it doesn't have to be in order 0.01 0.02 0.04 0.08 0.16... But for example - 0.01 0.02 0.04 0.06 0.11...
Maximum series of about 10 deals.

The essence of the Expert Advisor is simple - we are working on penetration of the daily range.

WHERE IS THE SIMILAR TO WHAT I SUGGEST?

flash:

Strategies for 2 orders + martin are all similar to each other. There are different conditions for entry. And why do we need a discussion "somewhere", we need it on our forum )
When one of these FIRST orders triggers, the second is deleted! Instead, a similar one with a 0.02* lot is placed.
Further, if the price reaches Take Profit, all orders are deleted and the EA does not trade till the next day.
If the price goes in the opposite direction and reaches stop loss, at this very moment, a rollover order is triggered with the double lot*.
After that, an order with the lot 0.04* is placed instead of the first order.
This happens until TakeProfit or until the moment when you run out of money on the deposit.
*The only wish - to make the size of lots for each next position manual. I.e. it doesn't have to be in order 0.01 0.02 0.04 0.08 0.16... But for example - 0.01 0.02 0.04 0.06 0.11...
Maximum series is about 10 deals.

The essence of the EA is simple - work on breaching the daily range.

WHERE IS SIMILAR TO WHAT I SUGGESTED?

Here's a link: Your post number is minus 3635. I think this is what you are looking for

lasso:
I'll give you a hint: The number of your post is minus 3635. I think that's what you're looking for.

I still don't understand where the disadvantage lies. Isn't it fashionable to give a direct link?

So it turns out everything has already been invented before us?)

Holy crap, flash, see the first post of the thread. It's all the same.

Mathemat:

Holy crap, flash, see the first post of the thread. It's all the same.

You're all on the same page, that's where I started looking. WHAT'S THE SAME?

Who is good at programming and can implement it.

My suggestion is not what was written in the first post of the Avalanche discussion.

And what is the fundamental difference?

Mathemat:
What is the fundamental difference?
Avalanche is a win-win trading system, which allows you to enter the market at any time on any instrument. Description:
Two orders - BuyStop and SellStop of equal volume are placed at equal distance from the current price. When one of them triggers, the other is removed and the same order is placed in its place but the volume is equal to double (can be tripled, quadrupled, etc.) the initial rate.

When the price reverses and the second order triggers, a third order is added to the price of the first order. Its volume in sum with the volume of the first order must be twice as large as the second (minus) order. At a consecutive U-turn, a fourth order is added to the second one. Its volume should also be two times larger than the sum of negative first and third orders. And so on. For example, for the initial volume of 0.0

The difference is that when one of the two orders triggers, the second order is removed and we have to wait for the result or close it at a stop loss or profit.

I see. It's still a martin, just the side view. With the associated risks.
Reason: